#1 9-8-2017 4:13 AM

Ninh Binh in Hanoi should I visit

hi, i'm in the process of putting a list together of things to see/do in Hanoi

Is Ninh Binh worth a day trip? whats there to see/do?

#2 9-8-2017 4:52 AM

shavy
Belinda
Belgium
Nomad
Posts: 812

Re: Ninh Binh in Hanoi should I visit

Yes Ninh Binh worth a day trip. Tamcoc is awesome: They called it the Halong on land! you will go on paddle boat and relaxed enjoy the scenery. Tours is available in Hanoi and inexpensive with lunch included. On the way to Tamcoc you visited temples. So do not missed Ninh Binh,

#3 9-8-2017 5:23 AM

milestx
Miles
Austin, Texas
Sightseer
Posts: 70

Re: Ninh Binh in Hanoi should I visit

Halong Bay is also worthwhile visit.

#4 9-8-2017 5:25 AM

Re: Ninh Binh in Hanoi should I visit

great i will put Ninh Binh on my to do list

#5 9-8-2017 7:09 AM

pfsmalo
Paul
Saint Malo, France
Award: Photographer IAward: Critic IIIAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: Bedbug IAward: Vox Populi IAward: Most Helpful Hotel Reviewer (Past Winner)
Tourist
Posts: 108

Re: Ninh Binh in Hanoi should I visit

When Shavy says "paddle boat" it's the women that paddle, not a steam paddle boat. Actually there is a scam on these boats in Tam Coc. Be very wary if a second woman jumps in the boat with you and your driver. She is only there to hawk her wares, tablecloth, t-shirts etc etc. Easy enough to say no but a nuisance if they prattle on for a couple of hours.

#6 9-8-2017 7:21 AM

shavy
Belinda
Belgium
Nomad
Posts: 812

Re: Ninh Binh in Hanoi should I visit

I agree with Paul, do not buy anything. Even the sellers asked you to buy a drink for your boat driver don't do it.

Our boatman he was a bit angry because I did not bought a drink for him, but I give him 2$ a tip after the trip. The story about buying a drink for your boatman: he sell his drink back. So that is really a scams

Last edited by shavy (9-8-2017 7:45 AM)

#7 9-8-2017 10:45 AM

Re: Ninh Binh in Hanoi should I visit

wow thanks for the tip, i will not buy anything

#8 9-9-2017 5:46 AM

seahlk
Seah
Singapore, Singapore
Award: Photographer IAward: Critic IAward: Writer IIAward: Most Helpful Hotel Reviewer (Past Winner)
Posts: 1

Re: Ninh Binh in Hanoi should I visit

Go to Trang An instead. You get to go into caves and some caves are really low you have to bend your head. If you are going to Ninh Binh, I also recommend Ngyuen Shack. It is a very cool bamboo shacks in the mountains...

#9 9-9-2017 9:07 AM

pammy_robertson
Award: Photographer IAward: Critic IAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: Vox Populi II
Wanderer
Posts: 464

Re: Ninh Binh in Hanoi should I visit

Yes go. Its very beautiful. I agree about not buying things from the vendors. When you're not on the boats you can take a bike and cycle round the rice paddies.

Board footer