#1 9-8-2017 4:13 AM

Ninh Binh in Hanoi should I visit

hi, i'm in the process of putting a list together of things to see/do in Hanoi

Is Ninh Binh worth a day trip? whats there to see/do?

#2 9-8-2017 4:52 AM

shavy
Belinda
Belgium
Nomad
Posts: 959

Re: Ninh Binh in Hanoi should I visit

Yes Ninh Binh worth a day trip. Tamcoc is awesome: They called it the Halong on land! you will go on paddle boat and relaxed enjoy the scenery. Tours is available in Hanoi and inexpensive with lunch included. On the way to Tamcoc you visited temples. So do not missed Ninh Binh,

#3 9-8-2017 5:23 AM

milestx
Miles
Austin, Texas
Sightseer
Posts: 85

Re: Ninh Binh in Hanoi should I visit

Halong Bay is also worthwhile visit.

#4 9-8-2017 5:25 AM

Re: Ninh Binh in Hanoi should I visit

great i will put Ninh Binh on my to do list

#5 9-8-2017 7:09 AM

pfsmalo
Paul
Saint Malo, France
Award: Photographer IAward: Critic IIIAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: Bedbug IIAward: Vox Populi IAward: Most Helpful Hotel Reviewer (Past Winner)
Posts: 144

Re: Ninh Binh in Hanoi should I visit

When Shavy says "paddle boat" it's the women that paddle, not a steam paddle boat. Actually there is a scam on these boats in Tam Coc. Be very wary if a second woman jumps in the boat with you and your driver. She is only there to hawk her wares, tablecloth, t-shirts etc etc. Easy enough to say no but a nuisance if they prattle on for a couple of hours.

#6 9-8-2017 7:21 AM

shavy
Belinda
Belgium
Nomad
Posts: 959

Re: Ninh Binh in Hanoi should I visit

I agree with Paul, do not buy anything. Even the sellers asked you to buy a drink for your boat driver don't do it.

Our boatman he was a bit angry because I did not bought a drink for him, but I give him 2$ a tip after the trip. The story about buying a drink for your boatman: he sell his drink back. So that is really a scams

Last edited by shavy (9-8-2017 7:45 AM)

#7 9-8-2017 10:45 AM

Re: Ninh Binh in Hanoi should I visit

wow thanks for the tip, i will not buy anything

#8 9-9-2017 5:46 AM

seahlk
Seah
Singapore, Singapore
Award: Photographer IAward: Critic IAward: Writer IIAward: Most Helpful Hotel Reviewer (Past Winner)
Posts: 1

Re: Ninh Binh in Hanoi should I visit

Go to Trang An instead. You get to go into caves and some caves are really low you have to bend your head. If you are going to Ninh Binh, I also recommend Ngyuen Shack. It is a very cool bamboo shacks in the mountains...

#9 9-9-2017 9:07 AM

pammy_robertson
Award: Photographer IAward: Critic IAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: Vox Populi II
Wanderer
Posts: 466

Re: Ninh Binh in Hanoi should I visit

Yes go. Its very beautiful. I agree about not buying things from the vendors. When you're not on the boats you can take a bike and cycle round the rice paddies.

#10 11-20-2017 8:47 PM

hungodd94
Vietnam
Posts: 3

Re: Ninh Binh in Hanoi should I visit

Ninh Binh is very very beautiful place of Vietnam. It has the largest temple of Vietnam which you will see many life-like statues, While traveling from places to places on the boats, you can touch the cool water, or see the rice fields on water but at this moment you will see green instead of yellow color of the fields. Or if you can, go to the peaks, it's worth for every seconds
But so does with halong, visit here for more info about the place: https://halong-bay-cruise.com

Last edited by hungodd94 (12-7-2017 1:03 AM)

#11 11-20-2017 8:58 PM

jacobi
Bendigo, Australia
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: Vox Populi I
Posts: 188

Re: Ninh Binh in Hanoi should I visit

I did the boat trip. I bought a drink. Scammed, but people get so upset over a dollar sometimes when these people are trying to live. I don't get that worried about such things. I had a male rowing our boat. He told us how he was the owner of some of the property along the way. He was a nice guy. Not pushy. It's a lovely place. It's a long day though. My blog talks about this area. http://www.travbuddy.com/travel-blogs/140565/

#12 11-21-2017 1:00 AM

davejo
david
Puerto Princesa City, Philippines
Award: Photographer IAward: Critic IIIAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: Bedbug IAward: Vox Populi I
Posts: 113

Re: Ninh Binh in Hanoi should I visit

Tam Coc was certainly worth visiting , especially experiencing the locals who paddle their boat with their feet while leaving their hands free for other things. Yes, they are a bit pushy with the drinks and we were told not to forget to tip the boatman as he earns very little money. Visiting the old temples at Hoa Lu was a little disappointing as they were crowded with tourists. Trips from Hanoi to the area cost about $40 including a mediocre buffet lunch.

#13 11-22-2017 2:46 PM

matthew
Matthew
Nottingham, England
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IVAward: Critic IAward: Writer IIIAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: AmbassadorAward: TravelpedianAward: Bedbug IAward: Vox Populi IVAward: Spambuster IIAward: Most Helpful Hotel Reviewer (Past Winner)
Explorer
Posts: 3720

Re: Ninh Binh in Hanoi should I visit

I liked Ninh Binh/Tam coc.  I'd say yes, it is worth a visit.  Also, if you have time, Halong Bay and Sa Pa are very nice places to see.  Those tend to be longer stays than a day trip though.

#14 11-22-2017 4:57 PM

laurabry
Toronto, Canada
Posts: 23

Re: Ninh Binh in Hanoi should I visit

Halong Bay is very beautiful.

#15 11-24-2017 11:32 PM

linhdt
Posts: 2

Re: Ninh Binh in Hanoi should I visit

Hoa Lư, Ninh Bình is one of the best place to visit in Vietnam since you can enjoy stunning natural landscapes galore.

#16 12-6-2017 11:26 PM

chrisphh
Angella
Sightseer
Posts: 58

Re: Ninh Binh in Hanoi should I visit

Ninh Binh is a wonderful destination in the north of Vietnam. Furthermore, the place located nearby Hanoi, so you can spend 1 day to travel

Board footer