#1 9-7-2017 10:47 AM

United Kingdom
Posts: 43

Taxi pickup from Hanoi Airport to Hotel

Hi,

The Hotel I'm staying at in Hanoi wants to charge me (VND 1,449,000net equivalent US$ 69.00) to pick me up from the Airport

Is this a fair price? or can i book cheaper somewhere else, can you recommend a good Taxi firm, thst won't try and rip off a first timer in Hanoi

#2 9-7-2017 11:26 AM

margunn
margunn
Bergen, Norway
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IIAward: Critic IAward: Writer IAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: AmbassadorAward: TravelpedianAward: Bedbug IAward: Vox Populi IVAward: Spambuster IIAward: Most Helpful Hotel Reviewer (Past Winner)
Explorer
Posts: 1373

Say no no no
The hostel I stayed at charged me 390,000 to drop me off at the airport. Going to the hostel I got a regular taxi,can remember what I payed,but it was not more than  450,000. Be aware of scammers on the airport. I never encountered any as fast as I know. I they say your hotel burned down or something, don't believe them. Download a map you can use ofline so you can follow where you are

#3 9-7-2017 11:43 AM

pfsmalo
Paul
Saint Malo, France
Award: Photographer IAward: Critic IIIAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: Bedbug IIAward: Vox Populi IAward: Most Helpful Hotel Reviewer (Past Winner)
Tourist
Posts: 144

Re: Taxi pickup from Hanoi Airport to Hotel

Certainly don't pay that price, my hotel in Hanoi is picking up 7 people for 25$. You've been quoted a silly price. Can't advise on taxi as have never taken one from Noi Bai. The site below gives an estimate at 320.000 vnd.

https://www.hanoiairportonline.com/hano … portation/

#4 9-7-2017 12:46 PM

Re: Taxi pickup from Hanoi Airport to Hotel

There is a shuttle bus of Vietnam Airlines cost 2$ waiting outside the terminal and will dropped passengers at  Vietnam Airlines Office on 1 Quang Trung in Hanoi. And from there take a taxi to your hotel.

A taxi from there it will not cost more than 3$ on the meter. If you know the location of your hotel you can walk, we just walk from Vietnam Airlines office

A taxi from Noi Bai international airport to Hanoi old quarter cost 15-25$. Always check the taxi meter if this on, if not don't hesitate to asked the driver to turn on his meter

A hotel pick up it usually charged around 18$ nothing more

Be sure to print out your hotel voucher, and showed to taxi driver

Last edited by shavy (9-7-2017 12:48 PM)

#5 9-7-2017 12:58 PM

Re: Taxi pickup from Hanoi Airport to Hotel

Inside the arrival hall you see tourist office, they can book a taxi for you, but they're a bit overprice. Better to take a taxi from outside, you can also negotiate with your price.

As I mentioned above, the shuttle bus of Vietnam airlines is the cheapest way to Hanoi center. No need to book in advance just approach the driver. They don't leave if not full, so is possible you will have to wait for a few minutes

Last edited by shavy (9-7-2017 1:50 PM)

#6 9-7-2017 1:44 PM

Cho
Cho
Orlando, Florida
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IIIAward: Critic IIIAward: Writer IAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: TravelpedianAward: Bedbug IAward: Vox Populi IIIAward: Spambuster IAward: Most Helpful Hotel Reviewer (Past Winner)
Posts: 667

Re: Taxi pickup from Hanoi Airport to Hotel

We used the hotel pick up service and it was only US$25 to the old quarter.  Same rate from hotel to airport.  It's about a half hour ride each way.

#7 9-7-2017 6:44 PM

hiepktqd123
Peter
Vietnam
Posts: 9

Re: Taxi pickup from Hanoi Airport to Hotel

Hi!, In my opinion, The popular bus (Number bus is 86) The cheapest to way to Hanoi Center. It's only 1,5$ or 30,000 vnd for 1 person.

siank73 wrote:

Hi,

#8 9-7-2017 11:04 PM

bhush2006
Bhushan
Pune, India
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IAward: Critic IAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: Vox Populi IIAward: Most Helpful Hotel Reviewer (Past Winner)
Wanderer
Posts: 467

Hi

I am planning for my trip there in January 2018. So when I asked my hotel about transport they replied me as follows

"We also have airport taxi pick up, costs 340,000 vnd (15 U$)/ private 4 seats car. "

Also I have searched on few forums and people have mentioned that "Go with shuttle bus. Logo vietnam airline. They part right in arrival gate. Cost 40.000vnd"

Hope this helps.
Bhushan

Last edited by bhush2006 (9-7-2017 11:05 PM)

#9 9-7-2017 11:35 PM

hiepktqd123 wrote:

The bus number 86 maybe the cheapest but not the easiest way to old quarter in Hanoi. Bus driver don't speak english nor understand. The Vietnam airlines shuttle bus is the best, driver speak english and cheap too for 2$ only plus luggage

I been to Hanoi a couple of times I always take the shuttle bus, no hassle and cheap. Returning to airport I take a meter taxi, most hotels in Hanoi overcharged their guest.

Last edited by shavy (9-7-2017 11:36 PM)

#10 9-8-2017 12:06 AM

gingerbatik
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IIIAward: Critic IVAward: Writer IIIAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: TravelpedianAward: Bedbug IVAward: Vox Populi IVAward: Spambuster IIAward: Most Helpful Hotel Reviewer (Past Winner)
Explorer
Posts: 1978

Re: Taxi pickup from Hanoi Airport to Hotel

like other has said, dont take taxi from your hotel. it is a rip off.

I usually take a prepaid taxi from the airport. It is a bit expensive than the outside taxi but safer.
Please beware of the mafia taxi outside. I got scam once, take taxi outside on the street in the city center, and for 5 minutes ride the meter go like crazy and charged enourmous fee.

#11 9-8-2017 4:06 AM

siank73
United Kingdom
Posts: 43

Re: Taxi pickup from Hanoi Airport to Hotel

Thanks for your feedback everyone

I found a local taxi charging me 16usd from airport to hotel and 12usd for the return, which i think is not bad at all, so why do hotels over charge by so much

I did look into the Shuttle option which is good as well, but decided on the taxi

#12 9-8-2017 7:31 AM

gingerbatik wrote:

like other has said, dont take taxi from your hotel. it is a rip off.

Not all taxi outside the airport is a scammer: When tourist office closed at night inside terminal you have nowhere else except taking taxi outside the arrival building

I took a taxi once outside because I arrived in the middle of night. Drivers has ID inside thier cab if you see that take a photo on it, if you feel you've been scam you can reported him

If taking taxis on street used Mai Linh, this is a reputable company than the others

Last edited by shavy (9-8-2017 2:09 PM)

This post has had no activity for 90 days and has been closed to new replies.

Board footer