#1 9-7-2017 1:14 AM

Kathrin_E
Kathrin
Karlsruhe, Germany
Award: Photographer IIAward: Critic IVAward: Writer IIAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: TravelpedianAward: Bedbug IAward: Vox Populi IAward: Most Helpful Hotel Reviewer (Past Winner)
Tourist

Jelenia Góra, Poland

Considering a day trip from Görlitz to Jelenia Góra by train. The main purpose is seeing the former protestant church, Gnadenkirche - a must-see to me and non-negotiable. However, this won't fill the day. Looks like Jelenia Góra has a pretty old town and square, and I'll certainly look around there. But are there any other specials worth seeing in town that I have missed in my first superficial research?

Or is there another place along the train route between Jelenia Góra and Zgorzelec that would be worth a stopover of two hours, maybe Lubań? Train connections aren't too frequent, so this needs logistic preplanning...

Travel day will be a Wednesday in September, I'll be by myself, my walking abilities are not unlimited, and I am able to communicate in Polish, at least the basics - in case any of this matters.

Is anyone familiar with the area?

#2 9-7-2017 3:09 AM

ulis
Uli
Vienna, Austria
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IVAward: Critic IVAward: Writer IIAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: TravelpedianAward: Bedbug IIIAward: Vox Populi IIAward: Most Helpful Hotel Reviewer (Past Winner)
Wanderer

Re: Jelenia Góra, Poland

The Kynastburg/Zamek Książęcy Chojnik - ruiny south of Jelenia Góra or Zackelfall/Wodospad Kamieńczyka (waterfall and canyon) south of Szklarska Poręba

#3 9-7-2017 3:35 AM

Kathrin_E
Kathrin
Karlsruhe, Germany
Award: Photographer IIAward: Critic IVAward: Writer IIAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: TravelpedianAward: Bedbug IAward: Vox Populi IAward: Most Helpful Hotel Reviewer (Past Winner)
Tourist

Thank you Uli, but I cannot do any longer hikes. It has to be in town within easy walking distance.

#4 9-7-2017 4:34 AM

ulis
Uli
Vienna, Austria
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IVAward: Critic IVAward: Writer IIAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: TravelpedianAward: Bedbug IIIAward: Vox Populi IIAward: Most Helpful Hotel Reviewer (Past Winner)
Wanderer

Sorry to hear that, i think there is a glas museum, Muzeum Karkonoskie, and a bit further a military museum, no idiea if they are interresting

Board footer