#1 8-22-2017 10:48 AM

siank73
United Kingdom
Couch Potato

Is Hanoi a good time to visit end of Sept?

Is Hanoi a good time to visit at the end of Sept this year (Sun 24th Sept to Sat 30th Sept) weather wise?

Where is the beat place to base yourself?

All I have is a 6/7 nights, what can i fit in during this time?

#2 8-22-2017 11:00 AM

shavy
Belinda
Belgium
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IIIAward: Critic IVAward: Writer IIAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: AmbassadorAward: TravelpedianAward: Bedbug IIIAward: Vox Populi IIIAward: Spambuster IAward: Most Helpful Hotel Reviewer (Past Winner)
Nomad

Re: Is Hanoi a good time to visit end of Sept?

September is good in Hanoi and so as the weather. The old quarter area is gathered with accommodations from budget to luxury and is a good place to base yourself and this is close to Hoan Kiem Lake

2-3 days in Hanoi is sufficient, but if you have 7 nights to spend, you can take the Halong Bay tour for 2 days.  You can book your tour once you get in the city, there are a lot of agencies arrange tour to Halong Bay even at your hotel desk will book it for you

Your remaining day, take a trip to Sapa Valley. 2 nights in the mountain is suffice

#3 8-22-2017 8:18 PM

dinhoecotour
dinhoang
Ben Tre, Vietnam
Couch Potato

If you are lucky, no tropical storm appears in North of VN at that time. Do Halong Bay (2D1N) or Bai Tu Long Bay (3D2N) and Sapa (2 nights) or Ninh Binh (1 or 2 night).

#4 8-23-2017 3:55 AM

kvom
Kirk
Cumming, Georgia
Award: Photographer IAward: Writer IAward: Vox Populi IV
Explorer

That's the season when I visited a few years ago.  Weather was good, with rain only one day in a week's time.

#5 8-23-2017 11:12 AM

siank73
United Kingdom
Couch Potato

shavy wrote:

September is good in Hanoi and so as the weather. The old quarter area is gathered with accommodations from budget to luxury and is a good place to base yourself and this is close to Hoan Kiem Lake

2-3 days in Hanoi is sufficient, but if you have 7 nights to spend, you can take the Halong Bay tour for 2 days.  You can book your tour once you get in the city, there are a lot of agencies arrange tour to Halong Bay even at your hotel desk will book it for you

Your remaining day, take a trip to Sapa Valley. 2 nights in the mountain is suffice

For Sapa Valley can you do it in one day, leave early in the morning and come back late same day?

#6 8-23-2017 11:54 AM

shavy
Belinda
Belgium
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IIIAward: Critic IVAward: Writer IIAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: AmbassadorAward: TravelpedianAward: Bedbug IIIAward: Vox Populi IIIAward: Spambuster IAward: Most Helpful Hotel Reviewer (Past Winner)
Nomad

siank73 wrote:

For Sapa Valley can you do it in one day, leave early in the morning and come back late same day?

Is possible to do in one day, but you will be exhausted. Remember going to Sapa you must hike to see the villages.

You can also take the night train from Hanoi, you arrive in Lao Cai early in the morning and going to Sapa.

Hike for one day and take the night train back, you'll be in Hanoi early morning the next day. No overnight in Sapa

Best to book your Sapa trip in Hanoi, they'll arrange a transport and local guide. If you book together Halong and Sapa you will get a discount

Last edited by shavy (8-23-2017 10:29 PM)

#7 8-24-2017 3:40 AM

Eva09
Eva
Netherlands
Couch Potato

You can also go to Mai Chau in stead of Sapa. It's closer to Hanoi, only about a 5 hour drive. It's less touristy and very beautiful!

#8 8-24-2017 5:11 AM

bhush2006
Bhushan
Pune, India
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IAward: Critic IAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: Vox Populi IIAward: Most Helpful Hotel Reviewer (Past Winner)
Wanderer

Hi
I will be in Vietnam in January. Will be travelling from HCMC to Hanoi.
Hows weather in Hanoi in January especially January end.
Bhushan

hiepktqd123 wrote:

siank73 wrote:

Is Hanoi a good time to visit at the end of Sept this year (Sun 24th Sept to Sat 30th Sept) weather wise?

Where is the beat place to base yourself?

All I have is a 6/7 nights, what can i fit in during this time?

Contact to me when you arrive in Vietnam. I will help you. I have a club for free tour guide (Nonprofit Organization). Email: Hiepktqd123@gmail.com

#9 8-24-2017 6:04 AM

davejo
david
Puerto Princesa City, Philippines
Award: Photographer IAward: Critic IIIAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: Bedbug I
Sightseer

You will love Hanoi and it is easy to keep yourself occupied for 5 days there. We were there last year after a gap of 23 years. I would stay by the lake. Little Hanoi Hostel 2 is down an alley on the west side of the lake and 5 mins walk from the Old Quarter where some accommodation may be noisy at night. No doubt Halong Bay is beautiful but we had bad luck with our overnight boat trip,the sea was polluted with plastic, coke cans, bottles etc and it was just too crowded and commercial. Another vote for Mai Chau---we had a great tine there, cycling, hiking etc.  Sapa is interesting but certainly spend 2 full days there if you go.  Instead of Sapa we preferred Bac Ha, get there on Saturday to see the Sunday market. Do some research about this town as it was one of the highlights for us.

#10 8-24-2017 7:55 AM

siank73
United Kingdom
Couch Potato

davejo wrote:

You will love Hanoi and it is easy to keep yourself occupied for 5 days there. We were there last year after a gap of 23 years. I would stay by the lake. Little Hanoi Hostel 2 is down an alley on the west side of the lake and 5 mins walk from the Old Quarter where some accommodation may be noisy at night. No doubt Halong Bay is beautiful but we had bad luck with our overnight boat trip,the sea was polluted with plastic, coke cans, bottles etc and it was just too crowded and commercial. Another vote for Mai Chau---we had a great tine there, cycling, hiking etc.  Sapa is interesting but certainly spend 2 full days there if you go.  Instead of Sapa we preferred Bac Ha, get there on Saturday to see the Sunday market. Do some research about this town as it was one of the highlights for us.

Hi, already planning my trip, I arrive midday on Sunday, where do I head towards the Market, does it have a name/st?

#11 8-24-2017 8:05 AM

siank73
United Kingdom
Couch Potato

Eva09 wrote:

You can also go to Mai Chau in stead of Sapa. It's closer to Hanoi, only about a 5 hour drive. It's less touristy and very beautiful!

Hi, i don't think I will have time to fit in Sapa & Ha Long Bay as the train is overnight to Sapa , there and back, and for HaLong Bay 2 days, so looking into Mai Chau, can you catch a train there early morning and come back the same day or is it best to stay 1 night

Last edited by siank73 (8-24-2017 8:09 AM)

Board footer