#1 8-14-2017 2:22 AM

siank73
United Kingdom
Couch Potato

Koh Samui - where to stay

Hi,

I'm planing to be in Koh Samui for 3 nights in Dec, where would be the best place to stay for a solo traveler and can you recommend some good hotels (I'm not a backpacker)

#2 8-14-2017 8:48 AM

shavy
Belinda
Belgium
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IIIAward: Critic IVAward: Writer IIAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: AmbassadorAward: TravelpedianAward: Bedbug IIIAward: Vox Populi IIIAward: Spambuster IAward: Most Helpful Hotel Reviewer (Past Winner)
Nomad

Re: Koh Samui - where to stay

As a solo traveler I would stay in Chaweng Beach. This is a very popular beach but also the busiest beach of Koh Samui. You have a chance to meet other travelers, Chaweng is also a place for nightlife

If you like peaceful place then go to Lamai- just south of Chaweng. I prefer this place, but is too quite for solo traveler.  Lamai is more relaxed

December is peak season, if I were you start booking a hotel. Many hotels in Koh Samui offer to pick you up from the airport or from the pier

I used www.agoda.com or www.booking.com for hotel bookings

#3 8-14-2017 11:20 AM

pfsmalo
Paul
Saint Malo, France
Award: Photographer IAward: Critic IIIAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: Bedbug IAward: Vox Populi IAward: Most Helpful Hotel Reviewer (Past Winner)
Tourist

I actually rented a place  for a couple of months,but on the contrary to Shavy I personally wouldn't stay in Chaweng. Too much noise even during the day with the incessant driving up and down of publicity vans. Much prefer Lamai or Bo Phut. Depends what you are looking for really.

#4 8-14-2017 11:03 PM

sanfoodie
Sanjeev
Award: Happy Happy Happy
Sightseer

I will prefer lamai. Quiet area but with lots of option of staying, dining & shopping. Hire a bike or car and roam around.

#5 8-14-2017 11:58 PM

JessieJessie
jessie
Hong Kong
Couch Potato

I always like to stay at Amari hotel in Chewang beach.  Not expensive 4 star hotel. Good bfast. Easy to access to other restaurants and shops

#6 8-15-2017 2:44 AM

shavy
Belinda
Belgium
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IIIAward: Critic IVAward: Writer IIAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: AmbassadorAward: TravelpedianAward: Bedbug IIIAward: Vox Populi IIIAward: Spambuster IAward: Most Helpful Hotel Reviewer (Past Winner)
Nomad

We've been to Koh Samui a few times, Lamai is also my place to be. I like quiet and relaxed

But for solo traveler I find Chaweng is a good place to stay where actions are located. This apparently a place for younger travelers who loved to party, day and night there'll always something to do in Chaweng.

Also nice to rent a scooter and go explore the island

#7 8-15-2017 7:32 AM

siank73
United Kingdom
Couch Potato

shavy wrote:

We've been to Koh Samui a few times, Lamai is also my place to be. I like quiet and relaxed

But for solo traveler I find Chaweng is a good place to stay where actions are located. This apparently a place for younger travelers who loved to party, day and night there'll always something to do in Chaweng.

Also nice to rent a scooter and go explore the island

I think I will stay in Chaweng for my duration and I will take a trip to Lamai side as well

#8 8-15-2017 7:33 AM

siank73
United Kingdom
Couch Potato

JessieJessie wrote:

I always like to stay at Amari hotel in Chewang beach.  Not expensive 4 star hotel. Good bfast. Easy to access to other restaurants and shops

I'm looking at staying at the Sheraton Samui Resort

Board footer