#1 8-12-2017 4:31 AM

kursttie
Kirsty
Kent, England
Couch Potato

How Much..?

Hi,

I'm hoping to travel to Australia in June next year, I'm 27 so I'm lucky enough to get a working VISA, however I'm a little nervous about running out of money. How much realistically would you take with you?

Any help / advice would be appreciated smile

#2 8-12-2017 4:44 AM

ulis
Uli
Vienna, Austria
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IVAward: Critic IVAward: Writer IIAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: TravelpedianAward: Bedbug IIIAward: Vox Populi IIAward: Most Helpful Hotel Reviewer (Past Winner)
Wanderer

Re: How Much..?

Hostels are A$ 20 to 30,, BigMac meal A$ 10 most other food is more, beer A$ 8 or more, even bottled water is expensive, public city transport is not too bad but long distance bus or train is quite expensive, flying can be cheap. Finding work is not difficult, but depends a bit on you and you might need a car. In cas you smoke cigarettes might be A$ 40 the pack.

#3 8-12-2017 5:04 AM

shavy
Belinda
Belgium
Award: Most Helpful Hotel ReviewerAward: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IIIAward: Critic IVAward: Writer IIAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: AmbassadorAward: TravelpedianAward: Bedbug IIIAward: Vox Populi IIIAward: Spambuster I
Nomad

Re: How Much..?

If you are going with working holiday visa, you need to have a sufficient funds of 5000 AUD, this may checked in the immigration when arriving at the airport. My daughter is in Australia with working holiday visa.

Australia is slightly expensive than in some European countries, is not a destination for budget travellers, but for backpackers who travel with working holiday visa is a good place.

Last edited by shavy (8-12-2017 5:16 AM)

This post has had no activity for 90 days and has been closed to new replies.

Board footer