#1 8-3-2017 3:31 AM

Ekke
Couch Potato

Train from Moscow to Nukus (Uzbekistan)

Hi!

I would like to know what is the best way to get from Moscow to Nukus, Uzbekistan by train. I am aware that this will require some changes of trains and that the total trip will take a few days.

From what I can find online, the easiest way would be to take the train from Moscow to Volgograd and from there it should be possible to change trains there directly to Nukus. However, does anyone know if their are alternative routes possible? For some reason (maybe it's the occasional terrorist attack) I don't feel like going via Volgograd.

Has anyone got any experience with this route?

Thanks!

#2 8-3-2017 3:59 AM

ulis
Uli
Vienna, Austria
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IVAward: Critic IVAward: Writer IIAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: TravelpedianAward: Bedbug IIIAward: Vox Populi IIAward: Most Helpful Hotel Reviewer (Past Winner)
Wanderer

Re: Train from Moscow to Nukus (Uzbekistan)

The cheapest would be with a change in Verkhniy Baskunchak, there are also conection with a change in Sarotow, the train arriving in Nukus is the same, these train connections take 2 days and 13 to 22 hours. Didn't take this route-
https://www.tutu.travel/poezda/rasp_d.p … 08.11.2017

#3 8-8-2017 12:55 PM

Ekke
Couch Potato

Thanks! I'll look into the Saratow route.

#4 8-8-2017 3:24 PM

ulis
Uli
Vienna, Austria
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IVAward: Critic IVAward: Writer IIAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: TravelpedianAward: Bedbug IIIAward: Vox Populi IIAward: Most Helpful Hotel Reviewer (Past Winner)
Wanderer

Book your tickets as soon as you can.

Board footer