#76 8-18-2017 2:44 AM

Re: Springfield OR / Portland OR trip that I want to do.

I'm sure I'd find somewhere with the Gibson Custom Shop Les Pauls or Gibson VOS Les Pauls or Fender American Deluxe Stratocasters that I want....

I mean, if not, there's always at home here in London, but it would be nice to bring one back with me from Eugene or Portland.

Last edited by ilikeitlikethat (8-18-2017 2:45 AM)

#77 8-22-2017 11:31 AM

Re: Springfield OR / Portland OR trip that I want to do.

That's cool I'll just keep throwing stuff at you and if it sticks fine and if it doesn't well we just leave it lay on the ground

#78 8-22-2017 11:56 AM

katzgar wrote:

You say you run Pre's Trail weekly, no? (That was you)? - Could you tell me then, for someone like me who's only looking to do it the once 'as a thing/activity for my week there; Is it marked well? Are there signs and check points and maps and is the trail easy to navigate or could I get lost running it listening to my music?

#79 8-22-2017 12:10 PM

katzgar wrote:

Nope that's not me I'm just an old retired fart that's been around

#80 8-22-2017 12:13 PM

Re: Springfield OR / Portland OR trip that I want to do.

I also think Masonic Cemetery looks cool.

Eugene... I'm thinking...

Wake up Thursday in Springfield having arrived around midnight from England.

Thursday Day 1:
I just want to go to Taco Bell, I'd be in America, I know where it is, I'd go there OR....
I'd get a bus to Applebee's and do a 'me' tradition... Where ever I go to eat for day 1 breakfast has to be near grocery store.
I stock up on snacks soda crates (anything I'd need that the hotel might not do like TP, taxi back with crates of soda and things, unpack, go out, walk to pot, buy my pot, go back, I'm ready/fully stocked.

I have certain American fast food places and a local diner near the The Simpsons Mural on Emerald Art Center/Springfield Museum (that part of Springfield).

Friday Springfield Farmer's Market has ice cream.
I want to also go to Eugene on Friday for
Guitar stores (might buy guitar #1 in Eugene)
Max's New Tavern

Saturday Eugene Market has Hippies

Pre's Trail could be Sunday.

Either Saturday or Sunday I'd like to go to Masonic Cemetery.

Monday Portland

Tuesday Shop

Wednesday Shop

Thursday Shop & pack, Sizzle Pie

Friday - leave town...

Also I'd want one of my days for a trip to the post office.

Last edited by ilikeitlikethat (8-22-2017 12:16 PM)

#81 8-22-2017 12:15 PM

ilikeitlikethat wrote:

I also think Masonic Cemetery looks cool.

Eugene... I'm thinking...

Wake up Thursday in Springfield having arrived around midnight from England.

Thursday Day 1:
I'd get a bus Applebee's and do a 'me' tradtion... Where ever I go to eat for day 1 breakfast has to be near grocery store.
I stock up on snacks soda crates, taxi back, unpack, go out, walk to pot, buy my pot, go back, I'm ready.

Friday Springfield Farmer's Market has ice cream.
I want to also go to Eugene on Friday for
Guitar stores (might buy guitar #1 in Eugene)
Max's New Tavern

Saturday Eugene Market has Hippies

Pre's Trail could be Sunday.

Either Saturday or Sunday I'd like to go to Masonic Cemetery.

Monday Portland

Tuesday Shop

Wednesday Shop

Thursday Shop & pack, Sizzle Pie

Friday - leave town...

Also I'd want one of my days for a trip to the post office.

Goducks.com has a virtual tour of the trails.  the trails are maintained by the city with the help of private organizations so I'm sure they are all in very good shape there is also a map that the motel might have in the map rack by the front door

#82 8-22-2017 12:18 PM

Re: Springfield OR / Portland OR trip that I want to do.

Don't forget supermarket delis are great for cheap food that's pretty good. Applebee's is a pretty mediocre chain you might want to put that one on the bottom of your list.

#83 8-22-2017 12:19 PM

katzgar wrote:

link has a virtual tour of the trails.  the trails are maintained by the city with the help of private organizations so I'm sure they are all in very good shape there is also a map that the motel might have in the map rack by the front door

Grande!
Mucho gracias Senor para el link.

#84 8-22-2017 12:22 PM

katzgar wrote:

There's a regional place that looks good for food, like food already made. I don't know how their food is but I see good you could hold in your hand and drinks to good, this is good for me.

It's within walking distance of my hotel too, and looks like Kwik-E-Mart from The Simpsons (but blue) and I kid you not.
I figure I'd eat a lot here, since I have no guarantee the refrigerator at this place is going to work.
Dari Mart looks like I can just pop over for food and soft drinks/shakes.

I'm thinking either Bi Mart/Walmart Super Center near Taco Bell or Walmart Grocery near AppleBee's.

I don't want to food shop on an empty stomach for fear of buying too much.

Want food like Lays for the train though.

Last edited by ilikeitlikethat (8-22-2017 12:25 PM)

#85 8-22-2017 12:24 PM

Re: Springfield OR / Portland OR trip that I want to do.

Google hippie spots in Eugene Oregon you come up with a good list. Often American motels offer free breakfast.  I suppose you know to go to   amtrak.com   for the train.

Last edited by katzgar (8-22-2017 12:27 PM)

#86 8-22-2017 12:29 PM

Re: Springfield OR / Portland OR trip that I want to do.

I like Hippie girls, but I'm 30 going to be 31 then, and they're in college.

Hippies could be fun to mingle with, but as long as Walmart Grocery in Springfield Shoppes has fruits and vegtables, I'm alright.

Saw Cherry IPA ice cream on YouTube at Springfield Farmer's Market on Fridays...
That and young legal hippie teens and yeah.

#87 8-22-2017 12:34 PM

katzgar wrote:

Often American motels say 'no smoking'
This mom and pop said
'I don't care what you smoke as long as you rent the room'
and someone else when I phoned again said
'We have smoking rooms'..
'no free breakfast'
'place to do laundry on site'
So... Yeah.

I've found a place to sleep with 1 eye open at night for fear of meth heads. But I'm roughing it in a tiny room with wifi and cable in America and beats actually roughing it in a yurt (they have yurts too there).

#88 8-22-2017 12:35 PM

ilikeitlikethat wrote:

I like Hippie girls, but I'm 30 going to be 31 then, and they're in college.

That and young legal hippie teens and yeah.

Oregon is the hippie capital of the u.s.

#89 8-22-2017 6:10 PM

grandmar
RosalieAnn
Leonardtown, Maryland
Posts: 460

Re: Springfield OR / Portland OR trip that I want to do.

Hippies were the 60's.  The real hippies - free love and all of that.  Mine was the beatnik generation - before hippies.  (before birth control pills)  I think what you have now is Goth which looks a bit like the Beat generation, but not really.  Or maybe Emo.  I have a gap in grandchildren ages.  One who is 38, one who is 36 and one who is 24 - nothing between 36 and 24.

#90 8-23-2017 3:11 AM

Okay,

I've decided to book a regular ticket instead of flexible.

It's £679.00 instead of £2, 404.00

I get paid my £4, 600.00
-£670 bills
I book everything bookable.
-£679 flight
-£500 Waukesha Hotel
-£270 my day drip to Portland from Eugene by bus and my trains to Milwaukee from Eugene.
=£2, 479 / $3, 176

I save it for America

£4, 600.00
- £900.00 this thing I want
I save it for America to pay
£385/$490 to Springfield Hotel when I arrive (non flexible ticket, book as early as I can).
-£77 for my extra bag
-£72 for travel insurance
=£3, 191 / $4, 085

I fly off, I have $7, 261.00
To buy a nice guitar and live off of for 4 days.
Going to be in Oregon for 9 days.

I get paid £4, 700.00 / $6, 025
-£15 my extra bag to Wisconsin
-$670 for my 3 extra bags (4 in total)
= $5,355.00
For another nice guitar
to live off of for 11 days.
I'm going be in Oregon for the rest of the week, train to Wisconsin over the weekend and 5 days guitar shopping in Wisconsin.

Last edited by ilikeitlikethat (8-23-2017 3:26 AM)

#91 8-23-2017 3:22 AM

Re: Springfield OR / Portland OR trip that I want to do.

I expect to spend around $3k per guitar so I should have more than I enough.

#92 8-23-2017 3:51 AM

grandmar wrote:

You never been to Oregon have you.  Oregon like I said is a hippie capital of the world.

#93 8-23-2017 4:18 AM

Re: Springfield OR / Portland OR trip that I want to do.

I don't want to be mistaken for a bum in America with my pedestrian bus pass using self walking around Eugene with red eyes stoned on an exploration trip.
I also like the idea of a bed, and, with such a vast budget outside of buying nice guitars, I guess I can pay the $800.00 on the sleeper car for a bed with Amtrak.
I don't doubt the legroom or the comfort of the seats and see people fast asleep and others all nested in on those seats on YouTube, so they must be okay for people to sleep on... but I'd be saving £850.00 on the flights by not booking the flexible and spending the money the same day if I upgraded to a bed that had the option of a bed as well as wondering around the train enjoying the views etc etc. - Nice to have a bed, y'know.
I can go without a car, but without a bed, is a bit much for me, IDK.
Maybe those seats people are just passed out on can be okay? IDK.

$166  + $20 Vs. $804 + $20 (to be precise)
£130  + £15 Vs. £627 + £15

Last edited by ilikeitlikethat (8-23-2017 4:34 AM)

This post has had no activity for 90 days and has been closed to new replies.

Board footer