#1 7-29-2017 6:43 PM

Liverpool, England
Couch Potato
Posts: 36

Strange

Has anyone had any odd experiences with people on here?

I ask because somebody was sending me messages and quite insistingly telling me he wasn't married etc and that he wanted to travel with me to Thailand, I politely avoided the subject until I asked what his travel plans were and he said I am coming to Thailand in February with you and you must go on google hang out I want to hear from you ASAP at this point I politely pointed out it was a solo trip I wanted to do alone and that I did not know what google hang out was I have since not heard from him (thankfully), but, I found it very strange.

Last edited by farquar79 (7-29-2017 6:44 PM)

#2 7-29-2017 7:06 PM

vances
Vance
Dayton, Ohio
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IIIAward: Critic IVAward: Writer IIIAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: AmbassadorAward: TravelpedianAward: Bedbug IIIAward: Vox Populi IIAward: Spambuster IIIAward: Most Helpful Hotel Reviewer (Past Winner)
Wanderer
Posts: 412

Re: Strange

Sadly, that is an issue with web sites where human beings interact.  There is a 'report spam' link in the upper right hand corner when viewing messages and you should feel free to tag this person...they will be removed from the site if subsequent investigation reveals them to be abusive (which sounds like the case here).

Being a guy, I cannot say I have ever been hounded by someone wanting to go somewhere with me, lol...but I have received my share of messages from users (registered as females) exclaiming  to find me 'interesting' and inviting me to a web site or send them a personal email --> all get reported and they vanish!

smile

Manchester, England
Globetrotter
Posts: 5998

Re: Strange

Several messages like that over the years. Unfortunately, it goes with being female in public.  The vast majority of blogs I post have featured a husband for five years and a baby for two, and people still do that.  Ignore and report - trust your gut, if it feels off it's off.

#5 7-31-2017 8:44 PM

Lupobianco
Andy
Melbourne, Australia
Award: Critic IAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: TravelpedianAward: Bedbug IAward: Vox Populi IIAward: Spambuster IIAward: Most Helpful Hotel Reviewer (Past Winner)
Wanderer
Posts: 325

fransglobal wrote:

Ignore and report.

100% agree and add - If you click on the user profile then underneath the photo there is an option to "Block User" on the left hand side of the page.    There is also "Report inappropriate message"  and the " block user" option in the message page.   When you click on block user you can add a note to the reason - perhaps just quote a post and indicate the post/message is inappropriate.     This may be what OPs are referring to or it could be that they are mentioning "report message" option which is on the top right of the message page.  Would not hurt to do both report and block.

Last edited by Lupobianco (7-31-2017 8:50 PM)

#6 8-1-2017 6:12 AM

stefmuts
Stefanie
Neerpelt, Belgium
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IIAward: Critic IIAward: Writer IAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: AmbassadorAward: TravelpedianAward: Bedbug IAward: Vox Populi IVAward: Spambuster IAward: Most Helpful Hotel Reviewer (Past Winner)
Explorer
Posts: 1349

Re: Strange

I had some like that, I politely told him the gesture annoyed me and mostly that's the end of the story
Had one who kept sending messages like that for a while but the 'Ignore and report' option worked fine for that one
Some seem to think this is a dating site

#7 8-1-2017 9:51 AM

planxty
Fergy
London, England
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IIAward: Critic IIIAward: Writer IIAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: TravelpedianAward: Bedbug IAward: Vox Populi IAward: Most Helpful Hotel Reviewer (Past Winner)
Tourist
Posts: 164

Re: Strange

I have never experienced it myself (I am far too old and ugly) but the advice above is sound, ignore and report, it will get dealt with.  Most of all, don't let it get to you as it is just some pathetic creature that obviously cannot form proper relationships.

#8 8-6-2017 11:51 AM

margunn
margunn
Bergen, Norway
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IIAward: Critic IAward: Writer IAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: AmbassadorAward: TravelpedianAward: Bedbug IAward: Vox Populi IVAward: Spambuster IIAward: Most Helpful Hotel Reviewer (Past Winner)
Explorer
Posts: 1373

Does his nick have a 7 in it? I got a similar message reasently

#9 8-13-2017 10:24 PM

shavy
Belinda
Belgium
Award: Most Helpful Hotel ReviewerAward: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IIIAward: Critic IVAward: Writer IIAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: AmbassadorAward: TravelpedianAward: Bedbug IIIAward: Vox Populi IIIAward: Spambuster I
Nomad
Posts: 958

Re: Strange

I recieve a lot of private messages in here, I think some members they think this is a dating website I just ignore

This post has had no activity for 90 days and has been closed to new replies.

Board footer