#1 7-25-2017 9:00 AM

Dymphna
Lee Ann
Montana, United States
Award: Vox Populi I
Tourist

Fires in Eastern Montana

There are areas as larger than the city of NY on fire. They have it only 20% contained at this point and the losses are huge. The whole state is a haze from the smoke, so if you have breathing problems check before coming.

#2 7-25-2017 10:31 PM

stefmuts
Stefanie
Neerpelt, Belgium
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IIAward: Critic IIAward: Writer IAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: AmbassadorAward: TravelpedianAward: Bedbug IAward: Vox Populi IVAward: Spambuster IAward: Most Helpful Hotel Reviewer (Past Winner)
Explorer

Re: Fires in Eastern Montana

Parts of Europe also suffer from forest fires, the south of France; Saint-Tropez, Nice, Avignon and the Island Corsica
Also in Portugal, nearCastelo Branco in the east

#3 7-25-2017 11:01 PM

ulis
Uli
Vienna, Austria
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IVAward: Critic IVAward: Writer IIAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: TravelpedianAward: Bedbug IIIAward: Vox Populi IIAward: Most Helpful Hotel Reviewer (Past Winner)
Wanderer

And Croatia, near Split

#4 8-23-2017 7:23 AM

Dymphna
Lee Ann
Montana, United States
Tourist

We are now burning on the Western end of Montana. So far we have lost 2 firemen to the fires, and the news is worried about statues.

#5 8-23-2017 7:37 AM

Dymphna
Lee Ann
Montana, United States
Tourist

http://www.sustainablelumberco.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/Montana-forest-fire.jpg

Last edited by Dymphna (8-23-2017 7:38 AM)

#6 8-23-2017 7:44 AM

NickelP
Nicole
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IAward: Critic IAward: Writer IAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: Vox Populi IAward: Spambuster I
Tourist

British Columbia is having its worst wildfire season on record and one of them has now set the record for the largest one ever in BC (467,000 hectares).

#7 8-23-2017 7:47 AM

Dymphna
Lee Ann
Montana, United States
Tourist

I heard about that over a month ago Nickel. It made me ill as I had just been through there in June and saw how beautiful that area is. I did not realize it was still burning. Oh well, we know about the paid protesters who want to tear down statues, but not real news.

#8 8-23-2017 8:22 AM

NickelP
Nicole
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IAward: Critic IAward: Writer IAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: Vox Populi IAward: Spambuster I
Tourist

Sadly, they are. They figure it probably won't be until late fall until some of the are fully contained/out.

#9 8-23-2017 8:39 AM

Dymphna
Lee Ann
Montana, United States
Tourist

And they are not trying to put it out. They only contain it and allow it to burn it's self out. If we still had logging where the dying trees were being pulled out, we would not have these fires. We did not have them in the 70's when I was a kid, EVER. They put fires out at that time and they had logging where the forests were kept healthy and it was thicker then than it is now.

This post has had no activity for 90 days and has been closed to new replies.

Board footer