#1 7-6-2017 1:21 AM

Kathrin_E
Kathrin
Karlsruhe, Germany
Award: Photographer IIIAward: Critic IVAward: Writer IIAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: TravelpedianAward: Bedbug IAward: Vox Populi IIAward: Spambuster IAward: Most Helpful Hotel Reviewer (Past Winner)
Wanderer
Posts: 270

Destination Troubles: Emden, Germany

How to change a destination respective move reviews to the correct one?

The destination in question is Emden, Germany. There are two places with this name and I constantly get only the wrong one. If I enter Emden in the search, everything is automatically connected with the village of Emden, Saxony-Anhalt. The database does not seem to know the much larger city of Emden in Lower Saxony on the East Frisian coast - which is the place I am writing about, hence everything is misplaced.

How can this city be found? Can it be added to the database? How can I link and move my reviews to the correct location?

Help please...

#2 7-6-2017 1:50 AM

spocklogic
Brian
Poquoson, Virginia
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IVAward: Critic IVAward: Writer IIIAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: AmbassadorAward: TravelpedianAward: Bedbug IIIAward: Vox Populi IVAward: Spambuster IIIAward: Most Helpful Hotel Reviewer (Past Winner)
Explorer
Posts: 4500

Re: Destination Troubles: Emden, Germany

For adding destinations, see my TravBuddy-102 guide, Part 3: TravBuddy add location map

To find the coordinates you can google them. They appear to be
53.3594° N, 7.2060° E

The map can be zoomed in and clicked around to change coordinates also. You can also use the GPS Google Maps to navigate around and choose coordinates you like - https://www.gps-coordinates.net/

Trouble with Emden is that it is already being used as a name. To distinguish it you may consider calling your place Port Emden or Port of Emden perhaps or something else. This is not quite exact, but will work. You can try creating a duplicate name with the different coordinates, but in my experience it will eventually all default back to the first one.

Should you create an entry with a different name like Port Emden, then go to edit photos on the entry where your photos are. You will see a 'quick set the location and date of my entry to" and accompanying list. Choose the one for Port Emden or whatever you call it and all your photos will move there. If you have multiple dates, choose the right date too.

#3 7-6-2017 3:08 AM

Kathrin_E
Kathrin
Karlsruhe, Germany
Wanderer
Posts: 270

Re: Destination Troubles: Emden, Germany

Thank you Brian. I'll try that - although "Port of Emden" is not a good name. I'll try to find something better.

#4 7-6-2017 8:55 PM

spocklogic
Brian
Poquoson, Virginia
Explorer
Posts: 4500

Re: Destination Troubles: Emden, Germany

You're welcome! Sometimes it takes a bit of creativity to get around duplicate naming on TravBuddy. In my Italy blog I am getting to the end of I wanted to do something different and use Roma instead of Rome. Some member, however, had already messed it up by creating ROMA with bad coordinates. I asked Eric to fix the ROMA to Roma with proper coordinates, but he never did it. So, I created a place called "Roma " with a space on the end and it worked as Roma , Italy. It doesn't show up in the search bar (Just Rome and ROMA), but I can create things using "Roma " so good enough for me. Maybe as I add more things to the location it will show up in the search. We shall see. So, you could create "Emden " as I did for a possibility.

This post has had no activity for 90 days and has been closed to new replies.

Board footer