#1 6-20-2017 11:53 PM

Zika in 2017

Although many sources have stated that the Zika epidemic had ended back in 2016, in many exotic countries it still poses a risk, as I have researched.

I wish to start this thread as a "status" update about Zika's evolution in 2017. Others have asked about the disease as well.

Here's a map of where Zika is still spreading:
https://wwwnc.cdc.gov/travel/page/world … -with-zika

What do you know about Zika's 2017 status/situation? Have some countries cleared?

(Please post URLs to reliable resources only).

#2 6-22-2017 1:05 PM

#3 6-23-2017 3:56 AM

Apurva_N
Apurva
New Delhi, India
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IAward: Critic IIAward: Writer IAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: TravelpedianAward: Bedbug IAward: Vox Populi IIAward: Spambuster IAward: Most Helpful Hotel Reviewer (Past Winner)
Posts: 389

Re: Zika in 2017

Very useful - I'm glad it's not so severe in West Africa where I'm headed soon.

#4 6-23-2017 1:48 PM

Re: Zika in 2017

Great that you find it useful!

I am hoping for more posts/updates on Zika's situation in 2017.

#5 6-23-2017 4:17 PM

shavy
Belinda
Belgium
Nomad
Posts: 822

Ranchero wrote:

Great that you find it useful!

I am hoping for more posts/updates on Zika's situation in 2017.

I can see Colombia has zika where I go in the couple of months, but not worried as I'm not intend to get pregnant smile

Last edited by shavy (6-23-2017 4:18 PM)

#6 6-24-2017 9:49 AM

^
Not sure whether Zika can cause long-term defects. At some point I read that it could have long-term consequences... That reminds me of dengue.

Yes, Colombia has Zika, so does Peru, Thailand. Too bad! I had some plans for this year...

The entire central part of Earth is affected. That means: basically those interesting exotic countries!

Look: Chile is safe!

Some of the worst-affected areas today are: Brazil, Puerto Rico, Singapore... and others

#7 6-24-2017 10:07 AM

shavy
Belinda
Belgium
Nomad
Posts: 822

Re: Zika in 2017

I just visited Chile last December, I'm not going back is because is not affected with zika smile

This post has had no activity for 90 days and has been closed to new replies.

Board footer