#1 6-9-2017 1:10 PM

stresslevel
Brazil
Couch Potato

No exit stamp from Brazil, no entry stamp in Paraguay, HELP!!!!!

I avoided to get exit stamp in the Foz the iguacu Brazilian immigration, since I have dual nationality (Brazilian and Japanese citizenship)my Japanese passport dont have any stamps from entering Brazil because I used my Brazilian passport to enter Brazil but unfortunately I lost all my Brazilian documents 3 days ago. I dont have any Brazilian documents so I decided to skip Brazilian customs when exiting Brazil to enter Paraguay, but i am concerned if i can get Paraguay entry stamp or not since i dont have any stamps of entering or exiting Brazil, my passport have no stamps at all...

My Portuguese is really bad so i dont have time to go through all bureaucratic processes in Brazil to get new documents, I need to get back home so I've decided to travel via Paraguay airport back home in Japan, the problem is without the Brazilian exit stamp, will i be able to get Paraguay entry stamp? what problems could i face trying to leave Paraguay by airplane in Asuncion airport without any stamps in my passport? Could I be arrested? Pay fine? Or be unable to board the plane? Please someone help me!!!

#2 6-9-2017 6:01 PM

jacobi
Bendigo, Australia
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: Vox Populi I
Tourist

Re: No exit stamp from Brazil, no entry stamp in Paraguay, HELP!!!!!

I hope you get this sorted. I'm following with interest. I'm sorry I don't have any advice for you.

#3 6-9-2017 11:56 PM

shavy
Belinda
Belgium
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IIIAward: Critic IVAward: Writer IIAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: AmbassadorAward: TravelpedianAward: Bedbug IIIAward: Vox Populi IIIAward: Spambuster IAward: Most Helpful Hotel Reviewer (Past Winner)
Nomad

Airport staff at any South American airport especially immigration officer speaks english it shouldn't be a problem to explained what happen

You're not going to be arrested or pay fine

If you enter to Paraguay by land you will get entry stamps on your passport- the border officer didn't look the stamp of my passport I enter Paraguay via Argentina by land. They just search a new page to my passport and put a stamp

#4 6-10-2017 8:21 PM

DaveSwede
Batam, Indonesia
Award: Critic IAward: Writer IAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: TravelpedianAward: Vox Populi IAward: Most Helpful Hotel Reviewer (Past Winner)
Tourist

In all my travels, I can only think of one place that wanted to see exit stamp from the previous country.  And that is for more political reasons.

Provided your Japanese passport is in good order, your entry into Paraguay will not be a problem.

#5 6-12-2017 8:59 AM

stresslevel
Brazil
Couch Potato

Thanks Everyone for the replies and help, I think i should have reported the lost documents to authorities before, maybe now few days away from the departure day, i hope my stamp-less passport wont be a problem to board the plane back home!

#6 6-13-2017 1:42 PM

Ranchero
Award: Vox Populi II
Wanderer

Don't worry too much, think about the options that you have.

I had the issue of some countries "forgetting" to put stamps or, stamps not being visible enough or being put one on top of the other. It sometimes happens...

I think Paraguay would probably not look at Brazilian stamps or any other stamps. They'd probably want to know when you went in and out of Paraguay and that's it. Normally countries are interested about when you got in and out through their borders.

I hope all turns out fine for you wink

#7 6-13-2017 10:44 PM

stefmuts
Stefanie
Neerpelt, Belgium
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IIAward: Critic IAward: Writer IAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: AmbassadorAward: TravelpedianAward: Bedbug IAward: Vox Populi IVAward: Spambuster IAward: Most Helpful Hotel Reviewer (Past Winner)
Explorer

My experience is they only look for an empty space to put their stamp, the only place they really looked at the stamps was in south Africa but that was only becouse I had a pretty well stamped pasport at that time and the officer began reading out loud the places I've been while looking for a spot for his stamp

#8 6-13-2017 11:29 PM

shavy
Belinda
Belgium
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IIIAward: Critic IVAward: Writer IIAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: AmbassadorAward: TravelpedianAward: Bedbug IIIAward: Vox Populi IIIAward: Spambuster IAward: Most Helpful Hotel Reviewer (Past Winner)
Nomad

stefmuts wrote:

My experience is they only look for an empty space to put their stamp, the only place they really looked at the stamps was in south Africa but that was only becouse I had a pretty well stamped pasport at that time and the officer began reading out loud the places I've been while looking for a spot for his stamp

I don't think the border officer looking to all the stamps on your passport. I need to get a new passport this year, my previous passport wasn't expired yet but no more space for stamps. During my trip to Chile last year the border officer said to me I need to get a new passport I thought he was joking but after looking to my passport pages to pages it is indeed no space for stamps. I have now a new passport for 7 years and already had 4 stamps from my recent trip

#9 6-15-2017 12:56 AM

stefmuts
Stefanie
Neerpelt, Belgium
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IIAward: Critic IAward: Writer IAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: AmbassadorAward: TravelpedianAward: Bedbug IAward: Vox Populi IVAward: Spambuster IAward: Most Helpful Hotel Reviewer (Past Winner)
Explorer

shavy wrote:

stefmuts wrote:

I don't think the border officer looking to all the stamps on your passport. I need to get a new passport this year, my previous passport wasn't expired yet but no more space for stamps. During my trip to Chile last year the border officer said to me I need to get a new passport I thought he was joking but after looking to my passport pages to pages it is indeed no space for stamps. I have now a new passport for 7 years and already had 4 stamps from my recent trip

The officer was just making fun, he was just planning to stamp my passport on autopilot but after no luck at page 3 he started reading them out loud he did find a space for the SA stamp
This is the first time I hear of someone having to get a new passport because of stamp space, way to go Belinda!
I guess only countries in some kind of conflict with other countries will look at the stamps seriously, all the rest just make sure you have your visa and thats it

#10 6-15-2017 7:03 AM

Polh
Pol
Belgium
Award: Vox Populi I
Tourist

Every time I go to a country lately I find out , they stopped stamping, It happend when I visited Hongkong and most recently (last may) when I was in Australia. I was like really ? Godverdomme you got to be kidding me, but then in the end I don't care about those stamps. Most important is that they let me in and out.

#11 6-15-2017 8:05 AM

shavy
Belinda
Belgium
Nomad

Polh wrote:

Every time I go to a country lately I find out , they stopped stamping, It happend when I visited Hongkong and most recently (last may) when I was in Australia. I was like really ? Godverdomme you got to be kidding me, but then in the end I don't care about those stamps. Most important is that they let me in and out.

Hahaha dat zal wel godverdomme!

How less stamps how better.....there are still countries stamping your passport and I hate it- my recent trip to Dubai and Myanmar  it already occupied 2 pages of my new passport grrr

I travel twice in a year outside Europe and mostly combined two three countries in one trip. For European trips I never used my passort an ID is more than enough.

#12 6-16-2017 12:51 AM

DaveSwede
Batam, Indonesia
Award: Critic IAward: Writer IAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: TravelpedianAward: Vox Populi IAward: Most Helpful Hotel Reviewer (Past Winner)
Tourist

stefmuts wrote:

shavy wrote:

stefmuts wrote:

The officer was just making fun, he was just planning to stamp my passport on autopilot but after no luck at page 3 he started reading them out loud he did find a space for the SA stamp
This is the first time I hear of someone having to get a new passport because of stamp space, way to go Belinda!
I guess only countries in some kind of conflict with other countries will look at the stamps seriously, all the rest just make sure you have your visa and thats it

For many years, I've been in the habit of keeping two of those little yellow post-it type page markers in my passport.  One stays on the current country's visa and the other stays on the first available page with space for a stamp.

It works 9 times out of 10, particularly when the immigration officers are a little lazy.  It helps keep the stamps consolidated and keeps pages open for those countries that require full-page visa stamps.

I'm only 4 years into my current passport and already full to page 38 - without this little trick, I think I would already be waiting for a new passport.  I had been refused a visa in the past because although they said they could place the Visas on a page, the consular officer argued that I would not have sufficient space for my entry and exit stamps.

This post has had no activity for 90 days and has been closed to new replies.

Board footer