#1 5-18-2017 8:41 PM

European Trip

Hi everybody..I have already a plan for my next trip but now I am wondering if to stop in Austria or no...my route is from Munich then Austria and then Liubliana...but what city or town can I visit in Austria to go on the route?...I was already in Salzburg and I was thinking in Innsbruck but it is hard to get accomodation and if I choose further then it is difficult to get transportation or a direct way to the next destination...I mean I like the train and if I change places then there is no train for Slovenia...or it takes longer ..any idea? or I skip Austria and follow straight until Slovenia?

Thanks

#2 5-18-2017 10:30 PM

Apurva_N
Apurva
New Delhi, India
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IAward: Critic IIAward: Writer IAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: TravelpedianAward: Bedbug IAward: Vox Populi IIAward: Spambuster IAward: Most Helpful Hotel Reviewer (Past Winner)
Wanderer
Posts: 389

Re: European Trip

I'm not sure I understand your question but, if you want to visit a place in Austria other than Salzburg (where you've already been) before going to Ljubljana from Munich, then why not Vienna? Surely one of Europe's gems. Of course, it's not on the direct train route from Munich to Ljubljana, but there are easy enough connections from Munich to Vienna and then Vienna to Ljubljana. But if you want the quickest journey between Munich and Ljubljana, then I guess you should just skip Austria. Innsbruck is nice too, but then you still have to change trains I think.

#3 5-18-2017 10:44 PM

ulis
Uli
Vienna, Austria
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IIIAward: Critic IVAward: Writer IIAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: TravelpedianAward: Bedbug IIIAward: Vox Populi IAward: Most Helpful Hotel Reviewer (Past Winner)
Posts: 232

Re: European Trip

Villach / Klagenfurt would be a possibility, but where is the problem of accommodation in Innsbruck?

#4 5-19-2017 12:23 AM

shavy
Belinda
Belgium
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IIIAward: Critic IVAward: Writer IAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: AmbassadorAward: TravelpedianAward: Bedbug IIIAward: Vox Populi IIIAward: Spambuster IAward: Most Helpful Hotel Reviewer (Past Winner)
Posts: 513

Re: European Trip

Plenty of accommodations in Innsbruck. This really are nice city for a stop before Slovenia

#5 5-19-2017 12:35 AM

Re: European Trip

it has accomodations but for the prices are higher than when I was in Salzburg and Vienn last year....so wondering if to follow to the route straight until Slovenia.
I thought in Villach too but it is very close to Liubliana so...better do the trip straight in that case, but I see the map and there are only small towns on the way to stop or make a break.
Thanks anyway!

#6 5-19-2017 9:04 AM

ulis
Uli
Vienna, Austria
Posts: 232

Re: European Trip

You could also do a round trip from Salzburg to Bad Ischl, Hallstatt, Gosau Lake (only in nice weather), Eisriesenwelt, Hohenwerfen. Or after Hallstatt to Gmunden, Traunsee

#7 5-19-2017 4:26 PM

osgoodst
steve
Chicago, Illinois
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IIAward: Critic IIIAward: Writer IIAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: TravelpedianAward: Bedbug IAward: Vox Populi IVAward: Most Helpful Hotel Reviewer (Past Winner)
Posts: 1145

How about Trieste?

#8 5-19-2017 5:44 PM

Re: European Trip

Italy?? why trieste if the doubt is from Munich to Liubliana

#9 5-20-2017 9:04 AM

osgoodst
steve
Chicago, Illinois
Posts: 1145

Re: European Trip

Check out the location, its like where slovenia / italy meets and logistically much easier to pull off.  Might be convenient, and is a very under the radar location for tourism.

By the way, I was in your lovely country last year.  Good times but next time I need to spend two weeks there rather than 2 days.

#10 5-20-2017 2:13 PM

Maurizio
Award: Photographer IAward: Critic IIIAward: Bedbug IIAward: Vox Populi IAward: Most Helpful Hotel Reviewer (Past Winner)

Re: European Trip

I agree with Steve. Trieste is a beautiful city with some interesting sights to visits.

About Innsbruck. It is worth a three or more days stop there. I don't think it is difficult to find an accomodation there. I stayed at Bistro bed and breakfast when I visited Innsbruck.  I wrote a review about that bed and breakfast here on Tb.

#11 5-20-2017 6:15 PM

Re: European Trip

In that case the route should be Munich Bolzano Trieste...but from Bolzano to trieste I bet I have to stop in verona and venice and I was already there....oki I wll check that

#12 5-23-2017 1:50 PM

Re: European Trip

You could visit Trento from Bolzano. Then take a train to Mestre and another train to Trieste. See; www.trenitalia.it for timetables.

#13 5-23-2017 1:52 PM

Re: European Trip

You could skip Munich and Bolzano. Visit Innsbruck; then travel by train to Trento. Then; Mestre; then Trieste.

#14 5-23-2017 9:53 PM

Re: European Trip

Grazie...but I cant skip Munich..I have a friend there...I already decided..Munich straight to Liubliana....and Italy will be the south part now....Roma again...Napoli Sicilia..that is plan A

#15 5-24-2017 1:01 AM

Re: European Trip

You itinerary could be Munich, Bolzano, Trento; Mestre...Trieste and so on.

#16 5-24-2017 1:11 AM

Re: European Trip

I suppose there are direct trains from Munich to Trento.

#17 5-24-2017 2:16 AM

Bojasem
Taher
Kuwait City, Kuwait
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IAward: Critic IIIAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: Bedbug IIAward: Vox Populi IIIAward: Most Helpful Hotel Reviewer (Past Winner)
Posts: 578

Re: European Trip

In my opinion Austria is beautiful country and there many cities to go like.
Vienna
St Anton am Arlberg
Graz
Wachau
Zell am See

Slovenia cool but .I advice you visit Slovenia day trip .

#18 5-24-2017 2:16 AM

Bojasem
Taher
Kuwait City, Kuwait
Posts: 578

Re: European Trip

In my opinion Austria is beautiful country and there many cities to go like.
Vienna
St Anton am Arlberg
Graz
Wachau
Zell am See

Slovenia cool but .I advice you visit Slovenia day trip .

#19 6-28-2017 3:02 AM

dchinmay
Chinmay
Mumbai, India
Couch Potato
Posts: 17

Re: European Trip

I think you are bit confused. If you don’t wanna go to Austria it's okay, because it will take you only 5 hours to reach Liubliana. Here is the link for train time table https://www.trainline.eu/train-times/mu … -ljubljana
You can enjoy beautiful nature while your journey by train. If you wish then of course everyone has already listed the places.

Thank You and have a great journey.

Board footer