#1 5-11-2017 2:09 PM

Kiwi_the_wanderer
Couch Potato
Posts: 2

Where Are You Going This Summer?

Hello everyone!  I found out my family and I are going on a trip to Colombia!

Anyone going somewhere fun this summer?

Last edited by Kiwi_the_wanderer (5-11-2017 7:51 PM)

#2 5-12-2017 7:37 AM

Dymphna
Lee Ann
Montana, United States
Award: Vox Populi I
Posts: 134

Re: Where Are You Going This Summer?

My daughter and I are driving across Canada, from Montana to Alaska. Looking forward to this adventure more than you can imagine.

#3 5-12-2017 8:03 AM

shavy
Belinda
Belgium
Posts: 960

Dymphna wrote:

Is gonna be a very long drive to Alaska Lee, but is all worth it. Alaska is beautful

#4 5-12-2017 1:56 PM

Globevoyager
Maike
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IIAward: Critic IIAward: Writer IAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: AmbassadorAward: Vox Populi IV
Posts: 1085

Hiking in the Caucasus in Georgia-Europe smile

#5 5-12-2017 6:47 PM

osgoodst
steve
Chicago, Illinois
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IIAward: Critic IIIAward: Writer IIAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: TravelpedianAward: Bedbug IAward: Vox Populi IVAward: Most Helpful Hotel Reviewer (Past Winner)
Posts: 1159

Re: Where Are You Going This Summer?

This is going to be a weird summer for me.  I have booked a flight to Savannah for a long weekend, but besides that I apparently am going on a business trip to Thailand and Croatia, so I hope to stay at one of those sites for longer to site see.

On a side note I'm looking for a cheap flight to new found land to see some of the cool parks over there.

#6 5-12-2017 11:04 PM

planxty
Fergy
London, England
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IIAward: Critic IIIAward: Writer IIAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: TravelpedianAward: Bedbug IAward: Vox Populi IAward: Most Helpful Hotel Reviewer (Past Winner)
Posts: 167

Re: Where Are You Going This Summer?

Canada for me as well.  I spend every summer there with my friend Lynne (Ravenswing here on TB) in our rather aged campervan just roaming round.

#7 5-12-2017 11:04 PM

nolan
Posts: 3785

Re: Where Are You Going This Summer?

Taiwan at the start of June. Not sure where else after but I have a couple other tickets I need to use by end of June.

#8 5-13-2017 12:53 AM

shavy
Belinda
Belgium
Posts: 960

Re: Where Are You Going This Summer?

Summer trip for us only around Europe. So much to see and do in any European countries. I don't like going that far in the summer. I see you are going to Colombia. I'm going in December, looking forward to it. Latin America is one of my favourite at the moment

#9 5-13-2017 2:43 AM

sarahelaine
Sarah Elaine
Manchester, England
Posts: 5999

Re: Where Are You Going This Summer?

Probably Cadiz, or maybe the Algarve.  Somewhere with a pool for a touristing trip with the baby, anyway. Nothing too adventurous.  Definitely a trip to Edinburgh, and the husband is keen to go to Vienna again.

#10 5-13-2017 5:03 AM

AdamR3723
Adam
London, England
Award: Photographer IAward: Critic IIIAward: Writer IAward: Happy Happy Happy
Posts: 56

Re: Where Are You Going This Summer?

No plans for summer yet, but going to Cornwall and Devon soon.

#11 5-13-2017 6:58 AM

maykal
Michael
Saint Andrews, Scotland
Award: Photographer IAward: Critic IIAward: Bedbug I
Posts: 58

Re: Where Are You Going This Summer?

My plan is to go to Georgia to do a Georgian language course in Tbilisi. Originally I wanted to go for all of June, July and August, but events keep cropping up in June and August, so the window for going to Georgia is decreasing by the day. I will still go, but whether I have time for the language course is not yet clear. Should still have time to travel around though, and maybe cross into Armenia for a few days.

There aren't any flights from Scotland to Tbilisi, so I'll have to go via somewhere, hopefully making it into a stopover for a few days. Latvia or Hungary are looking like attractive options for that.

#12 5-13-2017 7:02 AM

vulindlela
Jeremy
Indianapolis, Indiana
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IIAward: Critic IIIAward: Writer IIAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: AmbassadorAward: TravelpedianAward: Bedbug IIAward: Vox Populi VAward: Spambuster IIIAward: Most Helpful Hotel Reviewer (Past Winner)
Posts: 9947

Re: Where Are You Going This Summer?

Probably just a few places nearby in the States.
I am not a fan of summer crowds.

#13 5-13-2017 9:41 AM

NickelP
Nicole
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IAward: Critic IAward: Writer IAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: Vox Populi IAward: Spambuster I
Posts: 130

Re: Where Are You Going This Summer?

Portland for a couple days in June as well as Vancouver. I generally wait until the fall and take my vacation as summer is usually stupid busy for me.

#14 5-13-2017 1:32 PM

lauro
Germany
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IVAward: Critic IVAward: Writer IVAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: TravelpedianAward: Bedbug IAward: Vox Populi IVAward: Most Helpful Hotel Reviewer (Past Winner)
Posts: 4130

Re: Where Are You Going This Summer?

with globevoyager (maike) - discovering georgia and exploring the wild caucasus!

#15 5-14-2017 6:05 AM

janniina
Annina
Award: Critic IAward: Writer IAward: Most Helpful Hotel Reviewer (Past Winner)
Posts: 70

Re: Where Are You Going This Summer?

Heading to Japan for two weeks.

Not sure if I come home after 2 weeks though. Depens if my so-called relationship hits the rocks.. then I might need to do some soul searching in asia.. haven't decided yet, cause really don't want to start having this conversation..

#16 5-14-2017 6:27 AM

margunn
margunn
Bergen, Norway
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IIAward: Critic IAward: Writer IAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: AmbassadorAward: TravelpedianAward: Bedbug IAward: Vox Populi IVAward: Spambuster IIAward: Most Helpful Hotel Reviewer (Past Winner)
Posts: 1373

Re: Where Are You Going This Summer?

1 week in Vietnam and 2 in Thailand. We're having a meet-up in Bangkok and then the first ever TB girls only meet-up in Ko Samet. Join if you are in the area 🙂

Last edited by margunn (5-16-2017 2:34 PM)

#17 5-15-2017 5:05 AM

Maurizioago
Maurizio
Award: Photographer IAward: Critic IVAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: Bedbug IIAward: Vox Populi IAward: Most Helpful Hotel Reviewer (Past Winner)
Posts: 160

Re: Where Are You Going This Summer?

I wish to re visit Santorini. I' spent a week there long ago.

#18 5-16-2017 1:54 PM

Denver, Colorado
Award: Critic IAward: Happy Happy Happy
Posts: 60

Re: Where Are You Going This Summer?

Going to Seattle and Olympic National Park this Memorial weekend.  Utah and Arizona in June.  Hopefully Wyoming in August and Washington DC Labor Day weekend.

#20 5-16-2017 9:38 PM

travel_geek
Toronto, Canada
Award: Vox Populi II
Wanderer
Posts: 367

Re: Where Are You Going This Summer?

Will be heading to Tuscany and Dolomites next month.  Then maybe a trip to NYC for the long weekend.

#21 5-17-2017 12:50 AM

stefmuts
Stefanie
Neerpelt, Belgium
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IIAward: Critic IIAward: Writer IAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: AmbassadorAward: TravelpedianAward: Bedbug IAward: Vox Populi IVAward: Spambuster IAward: Most Helpful Hotel Reviewer (Past Winner)
Posts: 1350

Re: Where Are You Going This Summer?

I have a guided tour Armenia&Georgia planned

#22 5-17-2017 1:03 AM

aloneinthecrowd
Jutta
Völlenerfehn, Germany
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IVAward: Critic IIAward: Writer IIIAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: AmbassadorAward: TravelpedianAward: Bedbug IIAward: Vox Populi IIIAward: Spambuster IIAward: Most Helpful Hotel Reviewer (Past Winner)
Posts: 969

Re: Where Are You Going This Summer?

We'll be in the Dolomites for 9 days and 8 more days in Austria for hiking. Only 10 more days - can't wait big_smile

#23 5-18-2017 9:40 AM

cotton_foam
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer VAward: Critic IVAward: Writer IIIAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: AmbassadorAward: TravelpedianAward: Bedbug IIIAward: Vox Populi VAward: Spambuster IIIAward: Most Helpful Hotel Reviewer (Past Winner)
Posts: 5194

Re: Where Are You Going This Summer?

The UK -- London, Oxford, Cambridge, Saffron Walden, Bishop Strotford (Stansted areas.)

Italy - focusing the southern part of the country.  I heard it is going to be hot and humid, but, it is the only time of the year when the entire family could go for a longer period.  The good thing is, there are plenty of "beach-ing" opportunities!  Yay!

#24 5-18-2017 1:31 PM

traveldoc1984
Calvin
Johnson City, Tennessee
Award: Happy Happy HappyAward: Vox Populi I
Posts: 120

Re: Where Are You Going This Summer?

Volcano Bay. I love waterparks!

#25 5-18-2017 10:47 PM

Apurva_N
Apurva
New Delhi, India
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IAward: Critic IIAward: Writer IAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: TravelpedianAward: Bedbug IAward: Vox Populi IIAward: Spambuster IAward: Most Helpful Hotel Reviewer (Past Winner)
Wanderer
Posts: 389

Western Africa, and then maybe Eastern Europe

This post has had no activity for 90 days and has been closed to new replies.

Board footer