#26 7-12-2017 2:59 AM

Award: Vox Populi I
Tourist
Posts: 167

zschachwitz wrote:

I agree about Goodbye Lenin.   Some while ago I also saw Go Trabi Go, about a family from Bitterfeld who drove their tried and trusted Trabi to Rome, (I think).   I went through Bitterfeld a month ago, but by train rather than by car, and it looks a cleaner brighter place than it would have been 30 years ago

There's just something about Trabis, isn't there?  Although I think that they're surrounded by a great deal of Ostalgie, and I suspect that venturing out on a sleety February morning in a Trabi might not have been much fun ... smile

#27 8-8-2017 2:16 AM

MarionPQ
Marion
United Kingdom
Posts: 3

Re: Foreign Movies

I can recommend a movie Manila (about life of a usual family in Manila city). Quite hard drama, but very touching.

#28 8-10-2017 11:46 AM

BASAIC
Jim
Arizona, United States
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IIAward: Critic IVAward: Writer IIAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: AmbassadorAward: TravelpedianAward: Bedbug IVAward: Most Helpful Hotel Reviewer (Past Winner)
Sightseer
Posts: 58

MarionPQ wrote:

Thanks, I will check it out.

#29 8-10-2017 2:53 PM

Paulovic
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IVAward: Critic IIAward: Writer IIIAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: TravelpedianAward: Bedbug IIAward: Vox Populi VAward: Spambuster IIAward: Most Helpful Hotel Reviewer (Past Winner)
Globetrotter
Posts: 6051

Re: Foreign Movies

Maybe it's very rough and a little bit vulgar at some moments. This is my favourite Dutch movie about 5 guys coming from a small village (about 5km from where I live).
I searched for the trailer with English subtitles.
The movie is called New Kids Turbo.

It was made after they did many short sketches before.

#30 8-11-2017 12:24 AM

stefmuts
Stefanie
Neerpelt, Belgium
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IIAward: Critic IIAward: Writer IAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: AmbassadorAward: TravelpedianAward: Bedbug IAward: Vox Populi IVAward: Spambuster IAward: Most Helpful Hotel Reviewer (Past Winner)
Explorer
Posts: 1350

Re: Foreign Movies

Promoting New Kids, brilliant Paul! But seriously: it's funny with a high ammount of whats called in Dutch: onderbroekenlol (really don't know how to translate that)

I watched 'the invisible guest' (Contratiempo) yesterday, it's a really nice Spanish Crime Thriller.
Keeps you guessing what really happened till right at the end ..

#31 8-13-2017 5:17 AM

Paulovic
Globetrotter
Posts: 6051

stefmuts wrote:

Extra nice that it's it accent we talk at home as well. A bit exaggerated of course.

#32 8-24-2017 7:58 PM

ilikeitlikethat
Bobby
Soho London, United Kingdom
Award: Vox Populi I
Tourist
Posts: 186

Re: Foreign Movies

Mr. Vampire (1985) (Hong Kong)
I like English sub original dialog the best.

Mr. Vampire is 1 part Cantonese version of Vampire, 1 part comedy slapstick and 1 part Kung Fu movie.
fwrj5Bk62Q4

#33 11-2-2017 2:59 PM

laurabry
Toronto, Canada
Posts: 23

Re: Foreign Movies

I love Spanish movies. For example, The skin I live in...

#34 11-28-2017 12:26 PM

BASAIC
Jim
Arizona, United States
Sightseer
Posts: 58

ilikeitlikethat wrote:

Mr. Vampire (1985) (Hong Kong)
I like English sub original dialog the best.

fwrj5Bk62Q4

I own that along with two of the sequels, a fun set of movies.

#35 12-5-2017 12:38 AM