#1 4-11-2017 5:34 AM

cloud
Warrington, England
Posts: 41

Backpacking Australia 2017 Perth - Alice springs -cairns cheapest way?

Hi Peeps,

I'm heading back down under later this year, 7 years after my first big backpacking trip. I always wanted to go back and do the things I missed out on the first time around.

I'll be starting in Perth and then heading out to Alice springs then onto Cairns before heading down the East coast on Grey hound coach.  These are two places I never got to go before, so its all new to me. Who are the cheapest airlines or route to do this leg of the journey with? This will be in September by the way!

Cheers CJ

Last edited by cloud (4-11-2017 5:35 AM)

#2 4-11-2017 5:46 PM

ulis
Uli
Vienna, Austria
Wanderer
Posts: 354

Re: Backpacking Australia 2017 Perth - Alice springs -cairns cheapest way?

Was interested as well, but didn't find any cheap airlines between the 3 places, try skyscanner.com, or Tiger, Virgin, or Jetstar directly

#3 4-12-2017 5:21 AM

danly
Perth, Australia
Posts: 30

Re: Backpacking Australia 2017 Perth - Alice springs -cairns cheapest way?

There is only one airline that flies directly from PER-ASP, and ASP-CNS, which is Qantas/Qantaslink. Unfortunately flights in Australia are already expensive, and on monopoly routes such as these ones, fares can be even higher!

Given that you are based in the UK, I suggest you use Avios points to book reward seats on these flights, which are readily available if you book beforehand. For those based in Australia, using Qantas points is a good way to minimise cost.

Feel free to ask me more should you look into doing so!

#4 5-18-2017 5:58 AM

gemmapurcell
Gemma
Posts: 40

Re: Backpacking Australia 2017 Perth - Alice springs -cairns cheapest way?

Was attracted as well, but didn't locate any cheap airlines between the 3 places.

This post has had no activity for 90 days and has been closed to new replies.

Board footer