#1 4-6-2017 5:08 PM

Posts: 294

Help with Israel stamp and kuwait

Hi guys, has anyone here been stopped at their home airport for having an israeli stamp in their passport? What's the chance check in will look at every page? I tried phoning the airline but they refused to help me without my booking Info.

I'm only gonna be in kuwait for 26 hours but from there i'm taking a different airline.

Should I just get a new passport?

#2 4-6-2017 11:26 PM

shavy
Belinda
Belgium
Nomad
Posts: 814

Re: Help with Israel stamp and kuwait

I would phoning the embassy if I were you. There's chances that they will check every pages of ypur passport. Don't take the risk!

#3 4-7-2017 12:02 AM

lauro
Germany
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IVAward: Critic IVAward: Writer IVAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: TravelpedianAward: Bedbug IAward: Vox Populi IVAward: Most Helpful Hotel Reviewer (Past Winner)
Posts: 4122

Re: Help with Israel stamp and kuwait

in israel passport control in your arrival in tel aviv, they dont stamp your passport anymore. they will give you an electronic visa card separately that you must keep till your departure. at the security in depature at the airport be prepared to be interrogated with questions. it can last for 5-20 minutes to hours. they will stick a yellow sticker in your passport with codes if your a high risk or normal passenger. if youre labeled as high risk passenget (answerd not satisfying to the questions in security) or been to the west bank or gaza youll have tough time of getting out.

#4 4-7-2017 12:50 AM

sanfoodie
Sanjeev
Award: Happy Happy Happy
Sightseer
Posts: 51

Re: Help with Israel stamp and kuwait

I agree with Belinda and on the same time I have heard ( not experienced myself) that if at Kuwait and for that matter any Arab country they find hints or traces of your travelling to Israel you would definitely  experience tough time so better double check before moving further. Travel safe

#5 4-7-2017 2:03 AM

stefmuts
Stefanie
Neerpelt, Belgium
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IIAward: Critic IAward: Writer IAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: AmbassadorAward: TravelpedianAward: Bedbug IAward: Vox Populi IVAward: Spambuster IAward: Most Helpful Hotel Reviewer (Past Winner)
Posts: 1313

Re: Help with Israel stamp and kuwait

I was warned for a thing like that when in Jordan, we could make a small detour to Israel but the stamp could give trouble entering other countries, nobody informed you about that? I wouldn't take the risk and take Belinda's advice contacting the embassy on the matter

#6 4-19-2017 4:35 AM

Re: Help with Israel stamp and kuwait

Thanks for replies people. I went into Israel while crossing from Egypt into Jordan. I was indeed questioned for about 5 hours because my first name is Arabic even though I'm not Arab. I actually just brought a ticket to Kuwait because it was cheaper that way. Totally forgot about the whole stamp thing before I got the flight. Anyway I don't have an Israeli stamp but it's obvious I went in there. I'm actually entitled to a new passport for free because my chip isn't working anymore I've just found out so I'm just gonna get a new one.

#7 4-19-2017 5:47 AM

danly
Perth, Australia
Couch Potato
Posts: 30

silenthillover wrote:

What makes it obvious that you were there? If there is no stamp in your passport, you're fine.

#8 4-19-2017 8:49 AM

Re: Help with Israel stamp and kuwait

Stamps from the egypt and Jordan side.

#9 4-20-2017 2:31 AM

danly
Perth, Australia
Couch Potato
Posts: 30

silenthillover wrote:

Stamps from the egypt and Jordan side.

Unless the border officer in KWI has an above average knowledge of geography, in addition to thoroughly scrutinizing your passport stamps, you won't have a problem.

I have traveled through Kuwait a few times in the past two years, not once did they flick through my passport. Most of the time they open it to a random page, and stamp.

#10 4-20-2017 10:20 AM

Solomatrix
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IAward: Critic IAward: Writer IAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: AmbassadorAward: TravelpedianAward: Bedbug IAward: Vox Populi IVAward: Spambuster IIIAward: Most Helpful Hotel Reviewer (Past Winner)
Posts: 2362

Re: Help with Israel stamp and kuwait

When I arrived in Tel Aviv they gave me a slip of paper and stamped that instead of my passport

However, if you have stamps in your passport from Arab countries it will be a hassle going into Israel

#11 5-11-2017 8:30 AM

Capermel
Melissa
Manitoba, Canada
Sightseer
Posts: 63

Re: Help with Israel stamp and kuwait

When I was in Israel they didn't stamp my passport, they just give you like an 'entry permit' and then a 'exit permit' when you leave. Just be sure to keep the entry permit as you need it getting out (That acts as your stamp)

This post has had no activity for 90 days and has been closed to new replies.

Board footer