#1 3-20-2017 2:18 AM

whynoteverytime
Stefan
St. Gallen, Switzerland
Couch Potato

Bali, suba-diving and allaround traveling for 2 weeks

Hello fellow travellers,

My friend and me(both 23) are planning to stay in Bali or around Bali for 2 weeks form 31. July to 13. August.
Now, we already have an offer of a travel agency, where we're not sure if it's suitable for us.

The first week would be at the Hotel Kubu Indah Dive & Spa Resort in Kubu, where the start would be with the PADI course.
http://www.manta.ch/indonesien/bali/kub … spa-resort
Second week in Komodo Resort & Diving Club with 2 planned diving trips per day.
http://www.manta.ch/indonesien/komodo/k … iving-club

As for the diving, is there anybody who can tell me if this places are good for diving?
As for the accomodation, has anybody staying in any of this resorts or has some recommodations?
For the rest of the stay, are there any fun and/or interesting things todo around?

Thanks for all the responses and just ask away if there are any questions.

#2 3-20-2017 2:55 AM

shavy
Belinda
Belgium
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IIAward: Critic IVAward: Writer IAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: AmbassadorAward: TravelpedianAward: Bedbug IIIAward: Vox Populi IIAward: Spambuster IAward: Most Helpful Hotel Reviewer (Past Winner)
Wanderer

Re: Bali, suba-diving and allaround traveling for 2 weeks

If diving are your main priority, try diving in Gili island as well - is only two hour by fast boat from Bali. There are plenty of offers around no need to book in advance just wait when you get there and compare the price

#3 3-21-2017 1:27 AM

ulis
Uli
Vienna, Austria
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IIIAward: Critic IVAward: Writer IIAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: TravelpedianAward: Bedbug IIIAward: Vox Populi IAward: Most Helpful Hotel Reviewer (Past Winner)
Tourist

Bali and Komodo are very good for diving, but in Komodo/Labuhanbajo can be very strong currents (the why you can see Manta there), but may not good for a beginner, if you go be very careful.   
Kubu Indah is near Amed and Tulamben quite good diving area, to my knowledge without the current problem.
Haven't been in both resorts, but was in both areas.

#4 3-25-2017 12:20 AM

whynoteverytime
Stefan
St. Gallen, Switzerland
Couch Potato

First, thanks for the answers.

shavy wrote:

If diving are your main priority, try diving in Gili island as well - is only two hour by fast boat from Bali. There are plenty of offers around no need to book in advance just wait when you get there and compare the price

Hm Gili Island sounds interesting as well, I think we'll take it into account and try to compare with the cost.
Seems like in Gili there would be more going on in the evening etc.

ulis wrote:

Bali and Komodo are very good for diving, but in Komodo/Labuhanbajo can be very strong currents (the why you can see Manta there), but may not good for a beginner, if you go be very careful.   
Kubu Indah is near Amed and Tulamben quite good diving area, to my knowledge without the current problem.
Haven't been in both resorts, but was in both areas.

The thing is the Manta would be the most interesting in combination with the diving options of the resort. But hey, you never know what's best until you tried it out.
Even when Komodo is no beginners turf, I think it should be no problem as I was diving a few times already, i hope.

Do I have to take care to not get ripped of at some diving offers?
How are the possiblities for eating in the areas? Good restaurants, bars etc...

#5 3-25-2017 8:12 AM

ulis
Uli
Vienna, Austria
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IIIAward: Critic IVAward: Writer IIAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: TravelpedianAward: Bedbug IIIAward: Vox Populi IAward: Most Helpful Hotel Reviewer (Past Winner)
Tourist

Both places are out of the way, Labuhanbajo was never known for fine dining or bars,  in Bali  the closest places are at least  1 or 2 hours away (traffic jams are very common).
For diving,  Google 'Labuhanbajo diving accidents', after at most 10 dives you have not to much experience, but it's your live...

This post has had no activity for 90 days and has been closed to new replies.

Board footer