#1 3-12-2017 5:50 AM

Indonesia meetup November 2017 - likely before November 15, 2017

After coming from the successful Cambodia meetup earlier this week, we couldn't get enough of having more TravBuddy meetups in this part of the world. So we decided on India Golden Circle in November 2018. However, that is still 20 months away, and some of us are itching to have an earlier meetup later in 2017 also in the Asia region.

So we decided on Indonesia for November 2017 - most likely in Bali for the either the weekend of November 4/5 or November 11/12. It will be similar to the format of the huge Bali meetup of April 2014, and focusing on Bali itself but there will surely be people doing side trips prior and after to the meetup proper.

And so I set the ball rolling. I booked a flight into Jakarta for November 2, 2017, which should give me flexibility to fly to DPS if the meetup is for November 4th, or take the train across the island of Java to end in Banyuwangi before crossing by ferry to Gilimanuk before ending up in Denpasar. And I might visit Ijen Crater for a side trip.

Anybody interested, please join the discussion here. Currently there is an AirAsia sale ongoing until March 19, they have over 3 million seats on sale up for grabs.

Please indicate your confirmation (or maybes) here: http://www.travbuddy.com/meet-up/view.php?id=1607

Last edited by nolan (4-16-2017 5:10 PM)

#2 3-12-2017 11:36 PM

super_otap
Anne
Cebu, Philippines
Posts: 8

I can join. smile

#3 4-16-2017 7:55 AM

Re: Indonesia meetup November 2017 - likely before November 15, 2017

I flexi booked air tickets for bali in last week of September. Following this post!

#4 4-27-2017 3:31 AM

Re: Indonesia meetup November 2017 - likely before November 15, 2017

So our co-organizer Wouter has confirmed he will be in Bali as early as October. Great time for the rest of you who are interested to start planning to join this meetup.

#5 4-30-2017 10:21 AM

#6 4-30-2017 6:12 PM

Cool. It is my first time though. Excited and nervous at the same time!

Oh once you've seen the fun of the meetup, the next ones are quite easy. You can likewise organize one for Dhaka in due time.

#7 4-30-2017 10:25 PM

Cool. It is my first time though. Excited and nervous at the same time!

I'll ask a lot of questions before i arrive, I've never been to indonesia smile Im sure it will be fun! Meetup at Dhaka is gonna be weird though, there's basically no place other than restaurants to meet. I'll vote for coxbazar/sylhet.

#8 5-3-2017 1:08 AM

Cool. It is my first time though. Excited and nervous at the same time!

Looking forward to meeting you in Ubud/Bali for this meetup. Could be a good planning session for a meetup in Bangladesh.

#9 5-5-2017 8:28 AM

wouternet
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: AmbassadorAward: TravelpedianAward: Vox Populi I

Hi Peeps!

My suggestion for the meetup place in Ubud is The Onion Collective. It's a great community space with good food and music, good cocktails and beers, a free to use pool and the most friendly staff.
They have accommodation as well and a co-working space for those who bring their laptop.

There's also a great guesthouse across the street, called Nugraha Guest House 2. I stayed there before and loved it and I'm sure we can get group discounts.

What you think?

#10 5-10-2017 1:20 AM

Wouter, post more photos of the place with not just only dudes posing. LOL

Yulia has confirmed for the meetup and I made her organizer as well as she's based in Bali.

#11 5-11-2017 12:29 AM

margunn
margunn
Bergen, Norway
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IIAward: Critic IAward: Writer IAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: AmbassadorAward: TravelpedianAward: Bedbug IAward: Vox Populi IVAward: Spambuster IIAward: Most Helpful Hotel Reviewer (Past Winner)
Posts: 1373

I'm considering coming just because of all the dudes 😉

#12 5-14-2017 12:06 AM

margunn wrote:

I'm considering coming just because of all the dudes 😉

I knew it would work! That's why I posted it  :p

#13 5-14-2017 12:10 AM

Wouter, post more photos of the place with not just only dudes posing. LOL

Below some pics from their instagram account

And here's some good pics too, as well as reviews.

Ok to set this as the meetup location?

Last edited by wouternet (5-14-2017 12:13 AM)

#14 5-14-2017 6:47 AM

Re: Indonesia meetup November 2017 - likely before November 15, 2017

Looks cool for a meetup place.

Next issue - how accessible is it for those who will decide to stay somewhere else aside from Ubud?

#15 5-14-2017 10:22 AM

nolan wrote:

The Onion Collective is located very centrally in Ubud. It's easy to find and very accessible.

I thought it was already decided to stay in Ubud and do the sight seeings from there, that's why I was looking for a meetup place in Ubud.

#16 5-14-2017 10:27 AM

Re: Indonesia meetup November 2017 - likely before November 15, 2017

I suggest we plan at least one day of activities in and around Ubud and have meetup at The Onion in the evening.
The Onion is really the perfect place because they don't mind at all that people of the group arrive or leave at different times. It is a community place, not only a restaurant. And there's plenty of affordable guesthouses, homestays and hotels within walking distance.

I would even use it as a base for a few days and plan activities to beaches or a vulcano from there.

#17 5-23-2017 1:28 AM

wouternet wrote:

nolan wrote:

Yes for us who have been discussing the meetup for the past couple of months Ubud is the place to stay. Of course, there may be others who coincidentally happen to be in town and are interested in joining the meetup, hence the question I posed.

#18 5-23-2017 9:55 AM

#19 5-23-2017 9:59 AM

nolan wrote:

Looks cool for a meetup place.

from other parts of Bali you can use kura - kura shuttle, but not till late. If the meet up will be in the evening consider to stay in Ubud or rent transportation like car or motorbike. Uber and Grab are prohibited into Ubud can't count on it.

#20 5-24-2017 1:20 AM

flightofideas wrote:

I want to join the meet up, on weekend could fly from Jakarta

That's great, looking forward to you being there.

Currently I have a one way ticket to Jakarta from KUL on November 2nd. Assuming my plans fall into place, I will have a meetup with my Jakarta TB friends (you're invited), and then fly to DPS on Friday or early Saturday.

#21 5-25-2017 12:26 AM

flightofideas wrote:

I want to join the meet up, on weekend could fly from Jakarta

That's great, looking forward to you being there.

Just let me know the plan for TB meetup in Jakarta, prob could squeeze in my schedule during weekday or if i have free schedule then could go together somewhere around

#22 6-1-2017 4:30 AM

Re: Indonesia meetup November 2017 - likely before November 15, 2017

I added The Onion Collective as the meetup place: http://www.travbuddy.com/meet-up/view.php?id=1607.
The staff knows about it and will help us organise everything smile

#23 6-1-2017 6:01 AM

wouternet wrote:

The staff knows about it and will help us organise everything smile

Thanks, Wouter.

Now hopefully more sign up in the coming weeks...

#24 6-23-2017 10:00 AM

Re: Indonesia meetup November 2017 - likely before November 15, 2017

I created a Facebook event page to spread the word about the meetup: https://www.facebook.com/events/673449856179742/

#25 6-23-2017 12:53 PM

Africancrab
Harriet
Tucson, Arizona
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer VAward: Critic IVAward: Writer IVAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: AmbassadorAward: TravelpedianAward: Bedbug IIAward: Vox Populi IVAward: Spambuster IAward: Most Helpful Hotel Reviewer (Past Winner)
Posts: 1354

Re: Indonesia meetup November 2017 - likely before November 15, 2017

Its been a while since my last meet-up and my wander lust has be scratching myself silly. I'm a maybe right now. What accommodation options are available, I do not mind having a room mate, I plan to travel alone or with my sister if she confirms.

Board footer