#1 3-7-2017 10:25 PM

Kate396
Couch Potato

A good camera for the year?

Hi,
    Can I get some suggestions for the best cameras for this year 2017? Has anyone bought any? If so, kindly share your reviews and suggestions.
Thank you

#2 3-7-2017 11:16 PM

shavy
Belinda
Belgium
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IIIAward: Critic IVAward: Writer IIAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: AmbassadorAward: TravelpedianAward: Bedbug IIIAward: Vox Populi IIIAward: Spambuster IAward: Most Helpful Hotel Reviewer (Past Winner)
Nomad

Re: A good camera for the year?

I haven't buy anything yet, it looks like Fuji X-T2 dslr is one of the best in my opinion not too expensive comparing to nikon and canon

#3 3-8-2017 4:54 AM

kvom
Kirk
Cumming, Georgia
Award: Photographer IAward: Writer IAward: Vox Populi IV
Explorer

Nowadays the camera means less then the lens, assuming a DSLR or similar.

I just got a new phone (Galaxy S7) that has a great camera.

#4 3-8-2017 6:52 PM

Lotus28
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IAward: Critic IIAward: Writer IIAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: Bedbug IAward: Vox Populi IVAward: Spambuster IAward: Most Helpful Hotel Reviewer (Past Winner)
Explorer

We have Fuji E2 and it does a great job especially when you take a portrait.

#5 3-8-2017 8:40 PM

Sept922
Award: Community LeaderAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: TravelpedianAward: Vox Populi IVAward: Spambuster I
Explorer

Just bought a Sony A6000 mirrorless in recent weeks and haven't road tested it yet. But from all my tinkering and early practice...I am quite happy.

#6 3-8-2017 10:46 PM

sanfoodie
Sanjeev
Award: Happy Happy Happy
Sightseer

Quality of photographs does not depend on the camera itself. A lot depends on the different type of lenses, aperture, and photography skills. I just recently purchased Canon EOS 750 D ( earlier I had EOS 500D) and bought two different lense for giving clarity during dim light and one for background picture clarity with wide aperture capabilities. Lot of information is available on the net, just google and select the camera and lense as per your requirement and taste. Someone rightly said here that Samsung Edge and  iphone 7 plus has great camera quality and capable of taking good photographs without professional skills.

#7 3-8-2017 10:52 PM

NickelP
Nicole
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IAward: Critic IAward: Writer IAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: Vox Populi IAward: Spambuster I
Tourist

I just have my phone for photos, but there have been a couple discussions on this amongst the photographers in one of my hiking groups and the Sony A6000 is a favourite amongst them.

#8 3-9-2017 4:12 AM

guybooth
Lagos, Nigeria
Award: Community LeaderAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: Vox Populi IV
Explorer

Asking what camera should you buy is like asking what car should you buy...nobody can say unless you give details of what you want to do with it, and what your budget is...

The SonyA6000 that people mentioned is great for hiking, and general travel, the picture quality is better than what most people need.

Don’t buy a DSLR - get a mirrorless if you want good quality. Why carry a big, heavy DSLR around now that we have mirrorless technology?

#9 3-9-2017 5:16 AM

stefmuts
Stefanie
Neerpelt, Belgium
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IIAward: Critic IIAward: Writer IAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: AmbassadorAward: TravelpedianAward: Bedbug IAward: Vox Populi IVAward: Spambuster IAward: Most Helpful Hotel Reviewer (Past Winner)
Explorer

guybooth wrote:

Asking what camera should you buy is like asking what car should you buy...nobody can say unless you give details of what you want to do with it, and what your budget is...

I totally agree with that!

#10 3-9-2017 9:21 AM

AdamR3723
Adam
London, England
Award: Photographer IAward: Critic IIIAward: Writer IAward: Happy Happy Happy
Sightseer

I use my Samsung S6 phone a lot. But for greater flexibility, I use a Nikon Coolpix S7000. It is little bigger than the 'phone, but with its zoom facility and other adjustable features it produces far better pictures than the phone. Having said that, the S6 is excellent for night photography - without needing flash.

#11 3-16-2017 4:44 AM

jacobi
Bendigo, Australia
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: Vox Populi I
Tourist

I've had a Nikon D7100 for several years now and I love it. Just have a good lens. For travelling light and to cover most situations I only use my Nikkor AF-S DX 18-300mm 3.5-6.3 G ED VR lens.

#12 3-16-2017 5:46 AM

nyk_flashpacker
nyk
Award: Happy Happy HappyAward: Vox Populi I
Tourist

I bought a cannon DSLR couple of years back, which was D series.

#13 3-18-2017 6:53 AM

jhulian
Toronto, Canada
Award: Happy Happy Happy
Couch Potato

I just bought myself an sjcam action camera. Cheaper than a gopro.

#14 3-20-2017 11:27 PM

jacobi
Bendigo, Australia
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: Vox Populi I
Tourist

jhulian wrote:

I think he was referring to a still camera, but I may be wrong. And having said that, a lot of the still cameras these days take great movies also, but obviously not as adventurously versatile as an action camera.

#15 3-23-2017 8:51 AM

travmavalexis
San Francisco, California
Couch Potato

I have a Nikon D5100. Almost wish I got a Canon rebel. I've played with one and it seems more user-friendly but can still do most of what my Nikon can do.

#16 3-24-2017 7:36 AM

milestx
Miles
Austin, Texas
Sightseer

jhulian wrote:

Some lower-price video cameras give inferior results. The specs may be good, but something is amiss and the actual video doesn't look as good. How is the sjcam working out?

Last edited by milestx (3-24-2017 7:37 AM)

This post has had no activity for 90 days and has been closed to new replies.

Board footer