#1 3-7-2017 10:25 PM

Kate396
Posts: 5

A good camera for the year?

Hi,
    Can I get some suggestions for the best cameras for this year 2017? Has anyone bought any? If so, kindly share your reviews and suggestions.

#2 3-7-2017 11:16 PM

shavy
Belinda
Belgium
Nomad
Posts: 959

Re: A good camera for the year?

I haven't buy anything yet, it looks like Fuji X-T2 dslr is one of the best in my opinion not too expensive comparing to nikon and canon

#3 3-8-2017 4:54 AM

kvom
Kirk
Cumming, Georgia
Award: Photographer IAward: Writer IAward: Vox Populi IV
Posts: 3297

Re: A good camera for the year?

Nowadays the camera means less then the lens, assuming a DSLR or similar.

I just got a new phone (Galaxy S7) that has a great camera.

#4 3-8-2017 6:52 PM

Lotus28
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IAward: Critic IIAward: Writer IIAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: Bedbug IAward: Vox Populi IVAward: Spambuster IAward: Most Helpful Hotel Reviewer (Past Winner)
Posts: 1971

Re: A good camera for the year?

We have Fuji E2 and it does a great job especially when you take a portrait.

#5 3-8-2017 8:40 PM

Sept922
Award: Community LeaderAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: TravelpedianAward: Vox Populi IVAward: Spambuster I
Posts: 1673

Re: A good camera for the year?

Just bought a Sony A6000 mirrorless in recent weeks and haven't road tested it yet. But from all my tinkering and early practice...I am quite happy.

#6 3-8-2017 10:46 PM

sanfoodie
Sanjeev
Award: Happy Happy Happy
Posts: 51

Re: A good camera for the year?

Quality of photographs does not depend on the camera itself. A lot depends on the different type of lenses, aperture, and photography skills. I just recently purchased Canon EOS 750 D ( earlier I had EOS 500D) and bought two different lense for giving clarity during dim light and one for background picture clarity with wide aperture capabilities. Lot of information is available on the net, just google and select the camera and lense as per your requirement and taste. Someone rightly said here that Samsung Edge and  iphone 7 plus has great camera quality and capable of taking good photographs without professional skills.

#7 3-8-2017 10:52 PM

NickelP
Nicole
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IAward: Critic IAward: Writer IAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: Vox Populi IAward: Spambuster I
Posts: 129

Re: A good camera for the year?

I just have my phone for photos, but there have been a couple discussions on this amongst the photographers in one of my hiking groups and the Sony A6000 is a favourite amongst them.

#8 3-9-2017 4:12 AM

guybooth
Lagos, Nigeria
Award: Community LeaderAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: Vox Populi IV
Posts: 3214

Re: A good camera for the year?

Asking what camera should you buy is like asking what car should you buy...nobody can say unless you give details of what you want to do with it, and what your budget is...

The SonyA6000 that people mentioned is great for hiking, and general travel, the picture quality is better than what most people need.

Don’t buy a DSLR - get a mirrorless if you want good quality. Why carry a big, heavy DSLR around now that we have mirrorless technology?

#9 3-9-2017 5:16 AM

stefmuts
Stefanie
Neerpelt, Belgium
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IIAward: Critic IIAward: Writer IAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: AmbassadorAward: TravelpedianAward: Bedbug IAward: Vox Populi IVAward: Spambuster IAward: Most Helpful Hotel Reviewer (Past Winner)
Posts: 1350

guybooth wrote:

I totally agree with that!

#10 3-9-2017 9:21 AM

AdamR3723
Adam
London, England
Award: Photographer IAward: Critic IIIAward: Writer IAward: Happy Happy Happy
Posts: 56

Re: A good camera for the year?

I use my Samsung S6 phone a lot. But for greater flexibility, I use a Nikon Coolpix S7000. It is little bigger than the 'phone, but with its zoom facility and other adjustable features it produces far better pictures than the phone. Having said that, the S6 is excellent for night photography - without needing flash.

#11 3-16-2017 4:44 AM

jacobi
Bendigo, Australia
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: Vox Populi I
Posts: 188

Re: A good camera for the year?

I've had a Nikon D7100 for several years now and I love it. Just have a good lens. For travelling light and to cover most situations I only use my Nikkor AF-S DX 18-300mm 3.5-6.3 G ED VR lens.

#12 3-16-2017 5:46 AM

nyk_flashpacker
nyk
Award: Happy Happy HappyAward: Vox Populi I
Posts: 216

Re: A good camera for the year?

I bought a cannon DSLR couple of years back, which was D series.

#13 3-18-2017 6:53 AM

Bendigo, Australia
Posts: 188

jhulian wrote:

I just bought myself an sjcam action camera. Cheaper than a gopro.

I think he was referring to a still camera, but I may be wrong. And having said that, a lot of the still cameras these days take great movies also, but obviously not as adventurously versatile as an action camera.

#15 3-23-2017 8:51 AM

travmavalexis
San Francisco, California
Posts: 30

Re: A good camera for the year?

I have a Nikon D5100. Almost wish I got a Canon rebel. I've played with one and it seems more user-friendly but can still do most of what my Nikon can do.

#16 3-24-2017 7:36 AM

milestx
Miles
Austin, Texas
Posts: 85

jhulian wrote:

I just bought myself an sjcam action camera. Cheaper than a gopro.

Some lower-price video cameras give inferior results. The specs may be good, but something is amiss and the actual video doesn't look as good. How is the sjcam working out?

Last edited by milestx (3-24-2017 7:37 AM)

This post has had no activity for 90 days and has been closed to new replies.

Board footer