#1 3-3-2017 10:41 AM

spacedoutcat
Daniel
Portsmouth, England
Award: Most Helpful Hotel Reviewer (Past Winner)
Couch Potato
Posts: 17

Gambia

Hi all, I'm wanting to travel to Gambia in December, prob Kololi beach area (yep prob spelt wrong) and after the problems earlier this year I didn't want to find that I'm the only one there haha. Has anyone been lately ....what's the vibe?

#2 3-25-2017 7:42 AM

ulis
Uli
Vienna, Austria
Wanderer
Posts: 426

Re: Gambia

Until December it's a long time and many things can happen...
I was there last March, Kololi Beach is a mainly package tourist area, unless drastic things are happening the place will be full in the Christmas / New Year time.  If bookings are slow there might be price reductions...

#3 3-25-2017 7:52 PM

jacobi
Bendigo, Australia
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: Vox Populi I
Tourist
Posts: 188

spacedoutcat wrote:

You can keep an eye on it through sites like this http://smartraveller.gov.au/Countries/a … ambia.aspx

#4 3-26-2017 4:00 AM

spacedoutcat
Daniel
Portsmouth, England
Award: Most Helpful Hotel Reviewer (Past Winner)
Couch Potato
Posts: 17

Re: Gambia

Hi, thanks for replies but I think my post wasmisunderstood. I'm not concerned about possible travel. If I want to go, I'll go ....I wasmore concerned about whether it will be too quite for me to enjoy myself due to others feeling unable to go. I tend to like a lively resort.

#5 3-26-2017 4:27 AM

ulis
Uli
Vienna, Austria
Wanderer
Posts: 426

Re: Gambia

Now, it will depend how things are going on in Gambia, I believe that the majority of the population is quite glad that the old system has gone, that  does not mean that nothing bad can happen until December, if hopefully not the tourists will come... but it's not possible to predict what will happen in 8, 9 months.

This post has had no activity for 90 days and has been closed to new replies.

Board footer