#26 3-20-2017 12:06 AM

nolan
Explorer
Posts: 3524

Re: Choosing the same/nearly the same name for your kids so can share tix?

trippin_jen wrote:

about grandmar's comment about kidnapping, I think they really don't check much on that - at least in asia. Cos I know there are grandparents traveling with kids and people don't usually care much.

My comments doesn't really reply to the thread topic, but i'm just saying. smile

In a country like the Philippines where trafficking is a potential problem the government has instituted requirements that minors (below 18 years old) not traveling with their parents need a letter from the Department of Social Welfare and Development to be presented by their traveling companions. In the past my parents took my son along with them for a vacation in the USA, and I had to get such document. Now if my 15 year old daughter is accompanied by her brother (who is above 18), then we will still need to get that document from the DSWD. It's quite a hassle, but is done with the interest of preventing minors (especially babies) who are sent abroad and offered for adoption by syndicates. Here are the rules - http://www.dswd.gov.ph/faqs/travel-clea … or-minors/

I am sure there are other countries where minors are also being smuggled or trafficked for various reasons. Hence the need for documentation like this.

#27 3-20-2017 3:52 AM

sarahelaine
Sarah Elaine
Manchester, England
Globetrotter
Posts: 5754

Re: Choosing the same/nearly the same name for your kids so can share tix?

nolan wrote:

trippin_jen wrote:

In Britain, there have been a few high profile cases where mums were granted full custody during a divorce and the dads just took the kids abroad and refused to come back to the UK.  So now they check at the borders a lot more carefully.

Board footer