#1 2-16-2017 8:01 AM

Honduras

I am planning a short trip, approx. 7 days.
Has anyone been?  Can you recommend a short itinerary.

#2 2-16-2017 10:19 AM

grandmar
RosalieAnn
Leonardtown, Maryland
Wanderer
Posts: 460

Re: Honduras

I have not been to Honduras, but I would like to go.  What I would have liked to do was SCUBA diving and where I would go for that is the Bay Islands.  So an itinerary would depend on what you kinds of things you want to do there

#3 2-16-2017 12:06 PM

katzgar
Award: Vox Populi II
Wanderer
Posts: 297

Re: Honduras

you will get better information if you put some effort into this and explain what you want to see/do.

#4 2-16-2017 2:49 PM

Re: Honduras

grandmar - I am more interested in culture, people, food, sites, etc. I also wish to stay on the mainland.  Scuba diving is not something I will be doing.
Regards,

#5 2-17-2017 3:11 AM

Cho
Cho
Orlando, Florida
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IIIAward: Critic IIIAward: Writer IAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: TravelpedianAward: Bedbug IAward: Vox Populi IIIAward: Spambuster IAward: Most Helpful Hotel Reviewer (Past Winner)
Nomad
Posts: 667

Re: Honduras

I was in Honduras just last month, but only to Copain on a day trip.  I am in the process of writing about it which I'm combining with my Guatemala travel.
From what little I saw of Honduras I really liked it.  The food was good and the people were friendly, at least the ones I met.  The town of Copain Ruinas is lovely.  The main attraction there is the Mayan ruins.
Good luck with your travel planning.

#6 2-17-2017 4:13 AM

Re: Honduras

Cho - thank you for that very positive response.
Did you stay overnight? If so, where?

#7 2-17-2017 9:14 AM

margunn
margunn
Bergen, Norway
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IIAward: Critic IAward: Writer IAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: AmbassadorAward: TravelpedianAward: Bedbug IAward: Vox Populi IVAward: Spambuster IIAward: Most Helpful Hotel Reviewer (Past Winner)
Explorer
Posts: 1373

Re: Honduras

Stay away from the capital and San Pedro Sula.
I  liked Copain toi. t's a nice little town. The ruins are interesting but small compared to some of the of the once in Mexico and Guatemala.
I also went to La Ceiba where you can get the boats to the island's. It's 7 years since I was there,can't really remember if I liked the city or not,he he It was a carnival going on,that was fun. I preferred Trujillo further south. From there i went to the Mosquito coast,that was my favoritte place in Honduras.  It's a bit of the beaten path and was quite a hassle sometimes. With only a week for the country in don't really recommend going down there ,it's an experience though ☺

Last edited by margunn (2-17-2017 9:20 AM)

#8 3-22-2017 11:53 AM

craigadkins
Craig
Posts: 3

Re: Honduras

Based on your description, Copan would definitely be on the list.  It has a charming small town with lots of lodging and restaurants, and the ruins are some of the most important of the Maya world.  The area is beautiful as well with a number of things to do and see.  Day trips can be arranged to Guatemala, El Salvador, and other parts of Honduras.

I know many of the lodgings in town but it is hard to recommend anything because I don't know what your lodging interests are - hostel, luxury, location, ambiance, view, architecturally noteworthy, etc...

Last edited by craigadkins (3-22-2017 11:56 AM)

#9 3-22-2017 12:38 PM

Thank you craigadkins.
I spent two weeks in El Salvador last month, so not likely to visit again.
My plan is to spend 7 days in Honduras and 12 in Nicaragua.

#10 3-22-2017 3:52 PM

jacobi
Bendigo, Australia
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: Vox Populi I
Tourist
Posts: 188

Re: Honduras

I would love to hear about your trip there as it's on my list of places to go.

This post has had no activity for 90 days and has been closed to new replies.

Board footer