#1 1-30-2017 11:01 AM

Manchester, England
Posts: 29

Tambopata jungle experience

Hi,
Im off to Peru with a couple of friends in August.  We'll be there for 3 weeks and plan to spend our final week (5 days) in the jungle, Tambopata is looking favourite.  We like to use local companies/guides,  does anyone have any recommendations?

Also, just generally on Peru..  our vague plan is to spend 2 days in Lima then move on to cover
Ica
Huachchina
Colca Canyon
Arequipa
Cusco
MP (4 day trek, followed by ziplining, hot springs, Moray and salt mines on the return to Cusco)

Does this seem reasonable in the time given?  are we right to think our best route would be just heading south, via ica to arequipa then onto cusco, MP and then Tambopata?

any must-see's that we have missed?

Thanks guys!!  very excited

#2 2-3-2017 2:38 PM

NickelP
Nicole
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IAward: Critic IAward: Writer IAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: Vox Populi IAward: Spambuster I
Tourist
Posts: 130

Hi Helen,

I'm going through the same issue right now as I'm heading there in September. I've decided to skip the jungle this trip though to spend a couple extra days in Arequipa and do the Colca 2 (or 3 day) trek and get to Puno and Lake Titicaca as well.

Who are you doing your MP trek and ziplining with?

#3 2-3-2017 8:36 PM

carigliano5
Ezio
Sicily, Italy
Posts: 3

Re: Tambopata jungle experience

If thats your plan, its totally reasonable, you have enough time to do that trip.
I have been to Peru in several times and you never finish to see the must see touristic attractives, there is too much to see, for example in the north you are missing a lot:
the beaches, the forest of giant watterfalls in Cuispes, the Laguna de los los condores, Cajamarca, Ancash, and many other places.
I recommend you to do a Little more than two weeks for southern peru, and spend the rest of days that you have in a decent trip of northern peru, visiting, Chiclayo or Cajamarca, Chachapoyas, ending your trip in Iquitos, that is in the jungle, you can visit the Amazon or what you want.
Hope it helps you.

#4 2-4-2017 10:23 AM

helsbels6583
Helen
Manchester, England
Posts: 29

Re: Tambopata jungle experience

The deal for trek with the add-ons is with Evolution Treks Peru.  Ive seen them recommended, possibly on here.
Ive also just found Local Trekkers Peru which are highly recommended so need to make a decision which to go with!

Do you know if lake titicaca is better from Peru or Bolivia side?
Id like to see that but i maybe heading into bolivia when my friends go home so can catch it there

NickelP wrote:

Hi Helen,

Who are you doing your MP trek and ziplining with?

#5 2-4-2017 11:55 AM

NickelP
Nicole
Tourist
Posts: 130

Re: Tambopata jungle experience

I'm not sure which is better. When I was looking into it, it seemed alot of people preferred the Bolivian side but I didn't look into it too much as I knew I didn't have time to go down that far. I thought I saw that you can do Isla del Sol from the Peruvian side but not sure if you can do the floating islands from the Bolivian side.

This post has had no activity for 90 days and has been closed to new replies.

Board footer