#1 1-15-2017 10:21 AM

hightide
Fay
Jakarta, Indonesia
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IAward: Critic IIAward: Writer IIAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: TravelpedianAward: Bedbug IIAward: Vox Populi IIIAward: Most Helpful Hotel Reviewer (Past Winner)
Posts: 631

SIM cards in Australia

I'm thinking of buying a SIM card in Australia for 4 days stay. Through online search, I have found these:
http://www.optus.com.au/shop/prepaid/mo … ard/10-sim

Will I be able to find such deals at PER/MEL airports, convenience stores or news agencies?

#2 1-15-2017 4:07 PM

slayerspike
Blair
Melbourne, Australia
Award: Photographer IAward: Writer IAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: Vox Populi IV
Explorer
Posts: 2026

Re: SIM cards in Australia

Just get Vodafone or Telstra. you can buy a sim in most airports or malls.

#3 1-15-2017 11:05 PM

tour_guy
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IIAward: Critic IIAward: Writer IAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: Bedbug IIAward: Vox Populi IIIAward: Spambuster IAward: Most Helpful Hotel Reviewer (Past Winner)
Posts: 668

Re: SIM cards in Australia

I bought Vodafone SIM from a convenience store in MEL city which I believe had a validity of 7 days or so without documentation if I remember. I did not find it expensive, but make sure you to top-up with a right call/data pack either online or in-store. The service was very reliable expect for few remote areas on a long distance train.

#4 1-15-2017 11:37 PM

hightide
Fay
Jakarta, Indonesia
Posts: 631

Thanks guys, looks like I found what I'm looking for:
http://extranet.perthairport.com.au/Old … /Link.aspx

I rang Newslink. The employee informed me that they carry $2 and $30 Telstra SIM cards. I'm thinking the $2 SIM card would do as I probably just need to make/pick up several local calls in Australia.

#5 1-16-2017 1:46 AM

ramsarode
Posts: 14

Re: SIM cards in Australia

Just get Vodafone . you can buy a sim in most airports or malls.

#6 1-16-2017 1:28 PM

bullmike76
mike
Monkey Mia, Australia
Posts: 2

Re: SIM cards in Australia

Always get telstra if travelling out of capital cities, at least you will have coverage in most places

#7 4-14-2017 6:05 AM

gemmapurcell
Gemma
Posts: 41

Re: SIM cards in Australia

There are three mobile networks, owned and operated by Telstra, Optus and Vodafone. All are GSM networks and all offer 4G services. This means that visitors from most of Europe and Asia will be able to use an Australian SIM card in a phone they already own.

This post has had no activity for 90 days and has been closed to new replies.

Board footer