#26 12-5-2016 1:29 AM

shiva9918
Lucknow, India
Posts: 4

Re: What's your favorite travel destination in the US?

I love to travel NYC streets with buddies

#27 12-5-2016 9:32 AM

Bojasem
Taher
Kuwait City, Kuwait
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IAward: Critic IIIAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: Bedbug IIAward: Vox Populi IIIAward: Most Helpful Hotel Reviewer (Past Winner)
Posts: 587

Re: What's your favorite travel destination in the US?

For me.it is hard  because not easy to pick city from my fav cities in US.

I like  Orlando,Miami,Chicago,Las Vegas,Santa Monica & San Francisco

Last edited by Bojasem (12-5-2016 9:33 AM)

#28 12-7-2016 7:44 PM

Award: Happy Happy HappyAward: Vox Populi I
Posts: 118

denisx wrote:

Charleston, SC, Memphis, TN, and San Diego,CA

Glad to see my hometown make this list. :-)

#30 12-18-2016 8:27 AM

denisx
Douglas
Bedford, Texas
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IIAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: Vox Populi II
Posts: 368

Re: What's your favorite travel destination in the US?

It's a cool place to visit!

traveldoc1984 wrote:

denisx wrote:

Charleston, SC, Memphis, TN, and San Diego,CA

Glad to see my hometown make this list. :-)

#31 12-18-2016 10:00 AM

fafafooooey
Thor
Princeton, New Jersey
Award: Photographer IAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: Vox Populi I
Posts: 114

Re: What's your favorite travel destination in the US?

I live in NJ and work in NY so I don't see this area the same as a tourist does.
My favorite U.S. destination is Key West.
Also like Savannah, GA; Charleston and Hilton Head, SC which are only 35-45 minutes apart.

#32 12-19-2016 4:28 AM

katzgar
Award: Vox Populi II
Posts: 286

Re: What's your favorite travel destination in the US?

Miami is great if you like bars on windows.  New york, San Francisco, Seattle, Portland and Chicago are good but there really is only 1 US city to visit and that is NOLA.

#33 12-30-2016 2:49 PM

Phoenix, Arizona
Award: Photographer IAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: AmbassadorAward: TravelpedianAward: Vox Populi I

Re: What's your favorite travel destination in the US?

I love taking couchsurfers to the Grand Canyon.

#34 3-24-2017 7:22 AM

Re: What's your favorite travel destination in the US?

I've been to all the states except Idaho, Oregon and North Dakota and a lot of the National Parks etc.  But we often go off-season to save money, and I haven't spent equal time in all places.  I like to travel slowly and spend a little bit of time in a lot of places.   So I just want a few things to do in each place.  I am interested in eating, but not nightlife.  I like to swim, but don't 'do' beaches.  There aren't many big cities that I like, and I avoid the big theme parks.

There are some national parks that I would happily revisit, but just for a three or four days - spring and fall - Yellowstone, Yosemite, Kings Canyon, Grand Canyon, Assateague (either the Virginia side or the Maryland side).  winter - Everglades, Merritt Island NWR

So - Offseason, the Outer Banks, and the panhandle Gulf Coast of Florida.  And for cities, New Orleans, Seattle, Monterey, Charleston SC.

#35 3-24-2017 7:47 AM

NickelP
Nicole
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IAward: Critic IAward: Writer IAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: Vox Populi IAward: Spambuster I
Posts: 112

Re: What's your favorite travel destination in the US?

I haven't been to many places in the US but of the ones I have, it's hands down Oregon for me. I love Portland and have road tripped around the state. Forests, oceans, desert, mountains, it has it all.

We'll see if it holds that ranking once I finally get myself down to New Orleans. smile

#36 3-24-2017 5:01 PM

nolan wrote:

In addition, I'd like to recommend Arizona (Sedona, Flagstaff, Grand Canyon, etc.) except for those three months of the year where they turn into a furnace tongue

Those areas are in the high country and actually don't get too bad in summer. Only the Phoenix area (Valley of the Sun) is scorching desert.

The real reason to avoid the Canyon in summer are the crowds. Go before Memorial Day or after Labor Day.  :-)

#37 3-25-2017 7:14 PM

jhulian
Toronto, Canada
Award: Happy Happy Happy
Posts: 46

Re: What's your favorite travel destination in the US?

Florida, its got Disney and Universal lol, and Vegas.

#38 3-25-2017 10:34 PM

reikunboy
chris
Kobe, Japan
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IAward: Critic IIAward: Writer IAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: Bedbug IAward: Vox Populi II
Posts: 438

For me Palm Springs

#39 3-26-2017 6:57 AM

Re: What's your favorite travel destination in the US?

In my opinion, Disney has completely spoiled central Florida.   There's so much more that is so much better than Disney in Florida

#40 4-6-2017 6:08 AM

milestx
Miles
Austin, Texas
Sightseer
Posts: 70

Re: What's your favorite travel destination in the US?

San Francisco. Just be sure to dress warmly if you visit in the summer.

#41 4-6-2017 3:18 PM

DAO
Wakefield, England
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IIIAward: Critic IVAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: Bedbug IIIAward: Spambuster IAward: Most Helpful Hotel Reviewer (Past Winner)
Posts: 47

Re: What's your favorite travel destination in the US?

Las Vegas and Asheville North Carolina.

#42 4-6-2017 9:16 PM

jethanad
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IAward: Writer IIAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: Bedbug IAward: Vox Populi III
Posts: 571

Re: What's your favorite travel destination in the US?

places I have visited more than once  already and would not mind going again:

Washington DC
Niagara Falls, NY
Shenandoah Valley, VA
Grand Canyon, AZ
Florida - Miami , Fort Lauderdale, Destin  beaches (I live in Delray Beach and I just love it here)

#43 4-7-2017 12:57 AM

sanfoodie
Sanjeev
Award: Happy Happy Happy
Sightseer
Posts: 51

Re: What's your favorite travel destination in the US?

Definitely NY, Hawaii, Seattle & San Diego.

#44 4-7-2017 7:58 AM

Dymphna
Lee Ann
Montana, United States
Award: Vox Populi I
Posts: 112

Re: What's your favorite travel destination in the US?

Do I have to have a favorite? I like most places I have been for different reasons.

#45 6-7-2017 12:17 PM

alla79
Posts: 4

San Frcisco
Was here last year on EasyUsaTravel tour and fell in love with this city)

#46 6-7-2017 1:46 PM

Re: What's your favorite travel destination in the US?

We now have two identical live threads on the same topic, both of which are little more than imitations of "Family Feud" -- "Name a place in the United States where tourists visit..."

#47 6-7-2017 5:04 PM

CMTinPHX wrote:

So what?  If you don't want to play, then go to read other threads.

#48 6-8-2017 12:09 AM

jacobi
Bendigo, Australia
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: Vox Populi I
Posts: 170

Re: What's your favorite travel destination in the US?

I liked Seattle and Boston, although I didn't visit too many other big cities. I went to Cleveland to visit with my aunt, but didn't see much of the city itself though. I entertain the thought of visiting NYC over one Christmas.

#49 6-8-2017 3:25 AM

Cho
Cho
Orlando, Florida
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IIIAward: Critic IIIAward: Writer IAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: TravelpedianAward: Bedbug IAward: Vox Populi IIIAward: Spambuster IAward: Most Helpful Hotel Reviewer (Past Winner)
Posts: 667

grandmar wrote:

My exact thoughts!

#50 6-8-2017 6:57 AM

katzgar
Award: Vox Populi II
Posts: 286

Re: What's your favorite travel destination in the US?

while the theme parks in florida are great for kids the rest of florida is pretty mediocre,  the caribbean is much better.

Board footer