#1 8-2-2008 7:46 PM

New York, New York
Couch Potato
Posts: 11

Group Tours for 30 somethings

So I'm debating on trying to join a Group Tour for a trip somewhere in October.  I've heard of Contiki but I dont want to be the old lady.  I've heard of Gusty Women travel but i'm not sure i'll fit in there either.  GAP Tours, STA, Gate 1... so many groups are out there.. but i just dont know which one to choose.  I'll be traveling alone and would feel better traveling in a group than alone, especially overseas.
Any suggestions?

#2 8-2-2008 8:09 PM

amanda576
Amanda (not Mandy)
Perth, Australia
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IIAward: Writer IAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: Vox Populi I
Tourist
Posts: 101

Re: Group Tours for 30 somethings

check out Intrepid Travel. I´m  traveling with them on my first solo trip this year and I´ve heard great things about them from people who are in the 35-40 age group.

Last edited by amanda576 (8-2-2008 8:10 PM)

#3 8-2-2008 8:28 PM

_Amanda_
Amanda
Port Hueneme, California
Couch Potato
Posts: 30

Re: Group Tours for 30 somethings

I've been looking into group tours also.  Gutsy Women, Getaway for Girls, Trip Chicks and Women traveling together all look pretty legit to me.  My friends and families schedules aren't as flexible as mine. I'm a single girl who just wants to see the world but there are some places that I don't think I want to travel alone to.  Let me know if you find any other sites.  (:

#4 8-4-2008 8:52 PM

cruiseblondie
Jill Melissa
Cocoa Beach, Florida
Sightseer
Posts: 60

Re: Group Tours for 30 somethings

i've traveled half the globe alone and no issues. I guess it depends on where you want to go. Third world, go with a group, otherwise you may be able to do it solo. Where did you want to go?

#5 8-21-2008 10:48 PM

cruiseblondie
Jill Melissa
Cocoa Beach, Florida
Sightseer
Posts: 60

Re: Group Tours for 30 somethings

Contiki and Intrepid are for folks who want adventure and don't mind roughing it a bit. This is fine for 20 something's and even 30 something's. If you want a bit more luxury try one gate 1 or similar. There are so many companies that you really need to select a geographic area to determine who is the best. Cruises are a good option for the Med and Baltic. You get to see a lot and it is much cheaper than going by land. Single supplements will be up there but they will on tours as well. You might be able to find a female cabin mate to share expenses with. there are some other travel sites that cater more to this type of traveler. Not too many cruisers here. Just message me if you want the info.

This post has had no activity for 90 days and has been closed to new replies.

Board footer