#1 10-31-2016 2:24 PM

B
Los Angeles, California
Posts: 2

Best restaurants and bars in Sydney & Auckland

Hey all! I'm heading to Sydney, Australia for a weekend and Auckland, NZ for another weekend. Here are my questions:

Sydney, AU -

1) What are the best-known, most iconic restaurants in Sydney?
2) What is a popular bar or party district worth checking out?
3) If you had to pick one restaurant in Sydney whose menu best represents typical "Australian cuisine" (whatever that amorphous term may mean), what would it be?

Auckland, NZ -

1) What are the best-known, most iconic restaurants in Auckland?
2) What is a popular bar or party district worth checking out?
3) If you had to pick one restaurant in Auckland whose menu best represents typical "new Zealand cuisine" (whatever that amorphous term may mean), what would it be?

Thanks!

#2 11-1-2016 9:36 AM

pammy_robertson
Award: Photographer IAward: Critic IAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: Vox Populi II
Wanderer
Posts: 466

Re: Best restaurants and bars in Sydney & Auckland

I can only speak for Sydney but if you want to party head to Kings Cross, I loved World Bar. When I lived there 10 years ago we sometimes hung out in Coogee or even Bondi has cool bars and restuarants. Another cool area but lower key with nice restaurants and bars is Surrey Hills, I also really like Newtown if you like hipster/studenty vibe. If you are looking for something kinda fancy we went to Palmer & Co, a nice prohibition basement bar with live music and interesting cocktails.
Darling Harbour has a lot too but may be a bit touristy. Aussie food - nothing beats a barbie at the beach smile

#3 11-2-2016 10:28 AM

hightide
Fay
Jakarta, Indonesia
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IAward: Critic IIAward: Writer IIAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: TravelpedianAward: Bedbug IIAward: Vox Populi IIIAward: Most Helpful Hotel Reviewer (Past Winner)
Nomad
Posts: 636

Re: Best restaurants and bars in Sydney & Auckland

My favourite restaurant during my time in Auckland was the Attic Bar and Restaurant located in Mission Bay seaside district. Mission Bay is the area to go for bars and restaurants.

#4 11-18-2016 8:43 AM

gemmapurcell
Gemma
Posts: 43

There are many restaurants in Sydney but I prefer Seafood joints in Sydney,
Sydney has got a lot of hot seafood joints where excellence and sustainability are unmatched.  Some of them are as follows,
1. Nicks Seafood Restaurant | Darling Harbour

Award: Critic IAward: Happy Happy Happy
Sightseer
Posts: 60

Re: Best restaurants and bars in Sydney & Auckland

Hi all.  Thanks posting this.  If there are anything else regarding Sydney please share.  I am looking into going there next year.  If you've been to Melbourne and Cairns, please share some restaurants as well.  Thanks!

#6 11-26-2016 1:36 AM

Zippo88
Andy
Chicago, Illinois
Posts: 1

Re: Best restaurants and bars in Sydney & Auckland

Last time I’ve been to Sydney I stayed at a very friendly couple couchsurfers, who took me to the bar called The Baxter Inn. It is located at the Clarence St,152(as far as I remember). It is so good that it was even named among the world’s 50 best bars last year.  Due to those people,I could save good money, as they allowed me to stay for 4 days. Part of saved money I spent on hanging in that bar with them! I don’t regret at all. The atmosphere was awesome! Try to google it, read about and decide, it's up to you

#7 11-27-2016 7:35 AM

tlenot
Tony
Denver, Colorado
Award: Critic IAward: Happy Happy Happy
Sightseer
Posts: 60

Re: Best restaurants and bars in Sydney & Auckland

Thanks for the tip Andy. I will look it up!

#8 2-15-2017 2:48 AM

Sebastian-Williams
Posts: 6

Re: Best restaurants and bars in Sydney & Auckland

You might find Best Bars in Sydney useful Or go through the top 10 places in Sydney to visit on unilodgers Blog

Hope this helps. Let me know if you would like to know anything more.

This post has had no activity for 90 days and has been closed to new replies.

Board footer