#1 10-28-2016 2:51 AM

Johannesburg, South Africa
Award: Photographer IAward: Critic IAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: Vox Populi IIAward: Most Helpful Hotel Reviewer (Past Winner)

Packing clothes

Hi All

As an amateur traveler I am learning more and more with every trip. For example, on my last trip, as usual I left home with no hand luggage at all. I just dont like the idea of spending an average of 15 - 20 hours in transit and having to carry a bag around during my stop overs. Unlucky for me this time, my entire luggage was lost and I had to spend the first 3 days of my trip washing the clothes on my back every evening and had to spend money on toiletries and other things. That said, I will now always pack hand luggage just in case smile

What I am really struggling to understand is how do some people travel so light? How are your backpacks so small? What do you even have in there??
When I pack I pack as least as i POSSIBLY can. If im not sure if im going to wear something, I dont pack it. So for example for a 14 day summer trip I would normally pack the following:
* About 20 pairs of underwear and socks ( a pair per day including some extras for going out on the occasional evening)
* 20 T shirts ( same as above, cant wear the same sweaty t shirt twice )
* About 10 pairs of shorts
* 2 pairs of jeans or trousers for going out at night
* Pair of black leather shoes for going out at night including the pair of sneakers on my feet for every day use
* Pair of flip flops for using in the hotel room
* A towel just in case, most likely my beach towel
* 1 Jersey in case it gets chilly at night
* My toiletry bag
* I always have hand luggage on my return trip so on my outbound, I throw my fold-up duffel bag and my fold-up backpack which I use for day trips in my luggage too. Those 2 are tiny though so they dont take up any space really.

I dont see how I could possibly go any lighter. I also dont want to waste time with washing or looking for Dry Cleaners.

So i am interested to know how you guys do it smile

#2 10-28-2016 3:31 AM

stefmuts
Stefanie
Neerpelt, Belgium
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IIAward: Critic IAward: Writer IAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: AmbassadorAward: TravelpedianAward: Bedbug IAward: Vox Populi IVAward: Spambuster IAward: Most Helpful Hotel Reviewer (Past Winner)
Posts: 1312

Re: Packing clothes

To start I do wear t-shirts twice (not if they are sweaty though)
If you stay at hotels you can count on the laundry service they almost always offer, that means you don't have to take more than 3 or 4 sets clothes
bringing washing detergent will allow you to wash your sweaty t-shirt and underwear in the sink if you don't want to use the laundry service or there isn't any
When I stay in a hotel I never bring towels, worst case: I have to buy a beach towel (they make good souvenirs though!) Losing the towel will save you a lot of space!!!

#3 10-28-2016 3:33 AM

Re: Packing clothes

I guess that depends on how high maintenance you are... Haha!
I tend to pack only hand luggage at around 6.5-7kgs and this does me for 2wks. The longer I've been travelling the lighter my pack has become. Toiletries are the most weight consuming. So I take bare minimum, shampoo, shower gel toothpaste and sun cream. All under 100ml. Occasionally I'll take a little makeup like eyes and tinted moisturiser. No hairdryer or straightners. Then shoes I take trainers which I normally wear on the flight, 1 pair of dress sandals and 1 pair of flip flops.
Then clothes I layer. Maybe 7 T-shirts/vests, 2 or 3 light dresses. And sometimes 3 pairs of shorts. I take a flannel shirt, leggings, harem pants and a hoodie/ cardi for colder nights. I take more bikinis than underwear as it dries faster once you wash them. I tend to pick typical colour scheme so I can mix and match. And I avoid taking white shorts n bottoms as you can't re-wear them if you sit down. So dark and denim bottoms. I wear all my heavy/bulkier items on the flight also. Then If I have space left I take something dressier.

And for towels I take a microfibres one. And a sarong or 2 instead of a beach towel. They take up less space and are great for covering up in temples etc.

Some people go overboard. I had s friend come visit me in Asia and her bag for 10days was over 25kg.... She brought a hairdryer even a bloody dressing gown. I honestly couldn't be bothered carrying that much..

Last edited by pammy_robertson (10-28-2016 3:35 AM)

#4 10-28-2016 10:23 AM

Re: Packing clothes

I couldn't physically lift your bag! In fact I think I took less for six months, although I certainly acquired more on the trip.  I count on having to do laundry whilst I'm there. If I'm backpacking pack about five t-shirts, 5 sets of underwear, three sets of hiking trousers, and usually one smart outfit in case of restaurant related emergency, a useful scarf and a sweater. Swimming kit - these days two swimming rash guards and two bikini bottoms.  Cold weather trips I add a couple of light fleeces and a good coat.  For city breaks in Europe I pack a bit more because laundry is expensive there, which means ironically enough I pack more for five days in Spain than I would for twenty in south east Asia. For city breaks I'll be a bit smarter so a few more things, but not much. And it's fair to say that if I pack more than that, there will be things that come back unworn.

For shoes I have the shoes I wear all day, usually walking sandals in hot climates and hiking boots in cold, and one pair I can wear to a restaurant. If I'm staying somewhere so dirty I can't walk in the hotel barefoot I just put those back on again. And although I am sure the OP would not do this anyway, any girls reading, never pack heels in a backpack. They will just poke you in the back all day. If you meet your future husband on the way he will just have to love you in flats.

It helps enormously that I am naturally extremely scruffy and have very little vanity on the road! I'm sure I frequently look quite road-worn but I mostly don't care as long as I smell ok, and am basically clean.

I never pack jeans for backpacking, although I do for cities. Too heavy, don't compress and they take forever to dry even in heat. I don't carry more than basic toiletries- no perfume, very little makeup, and multi-purpose products like dry shampoo (and a shed load of sunscreen). I don't pack a full size towel- you can by microfibres pack towels that fold smaller and dry faster although they are never fluffy. I use an e-reader rather than books these days, which saves a couple of kg as I read so fast. I make sure all my bottoms go with all my tops so there's no having to pack extra stuff to make up an outfit (e.g. I used to have pink hiking trousers but only half my t-shirts went with them so I had to pack extra).

And unless I'm on business, I never ever pack anything that needs dry cleaned, or even a delicate wash.

Last edited by sarahelaine (10-28-2016 10:27 AM)

#5 10-28-2016 11:14 AM

hightide
Fay
Jakarta, Indonesia
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IAward: Critic IIAward: Writer IIAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: TravelpedianAward: Bedbug IIAward: Vox Populi IIIAward: Most Helpful Hotel Reviewer (Past Winner)
Nomad
Posts: 625

Re: Packing clothes

On a fortnight summer trip, I usually pack:

10 tops: 2 tank tops, 2 camis, 1 halter top, 1 button-up short-sleeve shirt that has pockets, 3 T-shirts and 1 light pullover.
8 bottoms: 4 shorts (2 of them are bermuda length and the other 2 are mid-thigh), 2 skirts (1 knee length or longer and the other is a mini skirt), 1 capris and 1 lightweight pair of trousers.
2 sets of pyjamas.
If I don't shop enough new clothes at my destination, I end up handwashing some tops along with 6 pairs of socks and half a dozen of knickers I bring.

How about substituting some T-shirts for lighter weight tank tops? For shorts, seersucker material would be ideal (they are light and dry quickly).

#6 10-28-2016 9:48 PM

nolan
Posts: 3768

MarioBG wrote:

* 20 T shirts ( same as above, cant wear the same sweaty t shirt twice )
* About 10 pairs of shorts
* 2 pairs of jeans or trousers for going out at night
* Pair of flip flops for using in the hotel room
* A towel just in case, most likely my beach towel
* 1 Jersey in case it gets chilly at night
* My toiletry bag

So i am interested to know how you guys do it smile

Hahaha great packing tips from the ladies. Am sure the gents will have something similar.

In my case I used to pack one set of everything for each day/night I would be at the destination. But when you go beyond 2 weeks, it's time to do laundry. Thus you'd probably start off with no more than 14 sets of clothing, but probably half the number for long pants (so 5-7 pairs). It is the tops that you should generally have more of, especially if you're seeing the same people practically every day of your trip (in that regard they don't need to know how many sets of underwear you have unless you're their roommate and you do laundry tongue LOL). For undershirts, probably 1/3 of the total number of days of the trip, they can be laundered...that should be a minimum of 2. Socks I notice ideally it should be 1 set per day, but if you don't hike much you can wash them afterwards and use two days after. Shoes are the biggest headache of mine, as most guys have either very bulky shoes (but then you pack the socks into the space of the shoes), so that means probably 3 pairs at the most, including the one I'm wearing.

And then I discovered travel clothing. Brands like ExOfficio, Columbia, Royal Robbins, etc. Expensive clothing with a little more high tech fabrics - lightweight, SPF 30+ (cotton t-shirt is only SPF 8), quick drying and hopefully durable. Fabrics made of nylon, polyester, modal, and merino wool (expensive). Over the past 3 years I haven't really bought as many cotton blend clothing - maybe a pair of jeans or chinos. My pants are the convertible type, so I can do with less shorts. And probably I will need at most 5-7 of them. The underwear I buy is quick drying, they will dry overnight or a matter of hours if exposed to the sun. More so with my travel shirts - they are mostly vented, are lighter than cotton, and wash and dry faster.

My rule when traveling nowadays is to avoid the following: cotton, especially in underwear, t-shirts and jeans (chinos are allowed). These though will be ok in cooler climates, but avoid them in the tropics. Merino wool is a wonder natural fabric - it is probably among the most expensive ounce per ounce, but it doesn't stink, dries fast, doesn't get burned easily, etc. etc. I usually travel with wool socks instead of cotton ones.

Surprisingly I used to be a relatively heavy packer like you. But nowadays, I've managed a week of travel with just one carry-on, no more checked in luggage. It comes out cheaper (no baggage fees) plus you are first out of the terminal if others take forever waiting for their checked luggage.

Oh yeah ... sometimes my electronics and other gadgets now weigh more than my clothes on a 3 day trip.

#7 10-28-2016 10:05 PM

monkeymia79
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IAward: Critic IAward: Writer IAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: TravelpedianAward: Bedbug IAward: Vox Populi IAward: Most Helpful Hotel Reviewer (Past Winner)
Posts: 209

Re: Packing clothes

As I travel with kids, washing at the destination is a must so we normally only travel with 5 sets of clothes.

For our recent Queensland trip (warm destination so a bit sweaty) we took 5 sets of summer clothes (5 tops, 5 shorts or 2 tops/short sets and 3 dresses) and 1 winter set (long pants and long tops.)

My kids get dirty easily so for us travelling light and washing more is ideal.

The way I look at it is I wouldn't not wash for a fortnight at home so why on holidays.

You can wash smaller items in a bathroom basin and hang dry if you don't want to machine wash. I did this a bit when I travelled to the UK for 3.5 weeks (shirts, underwear and socks.)

#8 10-29-2016 1:04 AM

gingerbatik
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IIIAward: Critic IVAward: Writer IIIAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: TravelpedianAward: Bedbug IVAward: Vox Populi IVAward: Spambuster IIAward: Most Helpful Hotel Reviewer (Past Winner)
Posts: 1960

Re: Packing clothes

I usually bring 5-6 tshirt and same sets for underwear.  One pants to wear and one spare pants, which is durable and  can be use as a short (Nolan mention some brand for travel pants which is really good value).  I also use layer, thin merino wool and light weight weather and down for jacket - depending on destination. I also have wool stocking to wear before my pants in Europe to keep me warm in winter.

I only have my hiking shoes and have spare flip flop to wear inside the hotel.

If the hotel has air condition, I wash the clothes in the sink everday, as the air condition will dry the clothes faster.  If hotel has no air condition I usually try to find loundry outside which is cheaper than hotel price. If no option, I will do loundry from the hotel even the price high.

I bring necessity medicine like panadol and band aids and buy whatever I need in the country I am in.

I remembered long ago when I first travel the world, my suitcase was soo heavy as I carried everything with me, dresses for party, high heels, hair dryer, etc, etc. and used taxi everywhere.  I learn my lesson and now travel very light:)

#9 10-29-2016 7:35 AM

tenaka
Shane
Chicago, Illinois
Award: Photographer IAward: Critic IAward: Bedbug IAward: Vox Populi IAward: Most Helpful Hotel Reviewer (Past Winner)
Posts: 157

Re: Packing clothes

I think you might be packing more clothes than I own... or at least that I own of some specific items.

I pack a week's worth of clothes, and then do a wash once a week for extended trips. So depending on the weather it may be something along the lines of
6 pair underwear (+the ones I am wearing)
6 pair socks (+ the ones I am wearing)
2 pair shorts
1 pair trousers
(wear pair jeans on flight)
6 t shirts (+ the one I am wearing)
2 short sleeve shirts
1 long sleeve shirt
I may or may not pack a pair of shoes depending on where I am going and what I plan on doing. Many places I am fine with wearing sneakers everywhere. If people wrinkle their noses at my footwear when they see me that's their problem.
Carry a light jacket
Toiletries
Camera

So all this fits in a medium size backpack, though I keep the camera and one change of clothes in a carry on bag anyway.

#10 10-30-2016 6:46 AM

trippin_jen
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IIIAward: Critic IIIAward: Writer IIAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: Bedbug IIAward: Vox Populi IVAward: Spambuster IAward: Most Helpful Hotel Reviewer (Past Winner)
Posts: 1071

Re: Packing clothes

I think it very much depends on what you plan to do  during that trip. Some may require you to bring an extra formal piece.  For 14 days I'd most  likely pack  the following:
- 14 sets of clothes including those i wear on travel days,  which is usually jeans.  I mix and match them so I try to wear the same piece twice so probably 7 tops, 7 bottoms. For emergencies I add 1-2 tops. I wash in hotel sinks with shampoo/soap. And 2 sets of pyjamas.
- disposable undies enough for everyday
- I wear a pair of shoes when travelling, and maybe pack a pair of flip flops, although very unlikely cos it's more comfortable to walk in shoes. I once packed 3 pairs and didn't wear them.
- unless the hotel doesn't provide towels,  I'll bring the lightest one that dries easily. Otherwise I never bring.  Same goes for other toiletries apart from toothpaste.
- electronic gadgets. Luckily changers these days come with  multiple usb port so i don't have top bring too many cables.
- skin care and cosmetics are very important to me so I tend to bring everything even if I may not  use it, but I like to take them with me just in case.
- medical aids
- i no longer bring accessories with me cos more often than not i don't use them

If it's a week holiday I'll probably pack different clothes for each day but for 2 weeks I'll have to reuse them.  For a week,  my hand carry is about 5.5-6.8 kg... yes it usually falls between this weight. For 2 weeks it can go up to 12-13kg and 16 when return.  For a month,  it was around 25kg.

I too don't like to have any hand carries. This,  I should change.

Last edited by trippin_jen (10-30-2016 7:00 AM)

#11 10-31-2016 8:46 PM

Lupobianco
Andy
Melbourne, Australia
Award: Critic IAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: TravelpedianAward: Bedbug IAward: Vox Populi IIAward: Spambuster IIAward: Most Helpful Hotel Reviewer (Past Winner)
Posts: 315

Re: Packing clothes

Hey Mario,  you can go way lighter than that.   And to the OP's, some great tips in this thread.

First, you do not need one of everything (T shirts, socks, undies etc).   Some people are religious about the "rule of 3" (1 to wear, 1 in the wash and 1 spare).    OP's suggest 5 and 6 or 7 sets.  I go with 4.   What you do is up to you, but 20 of everything is a lot.   How do you think your butler feels when you arrive home with such a swag of dirty washing?

Washing need not be expensive or time consuming.   On day 3 just throw your used T's, socks and underpants in the sink while you take a bath or shower.     Use the hotel shampoo or body wash as detergent.  If you are really into this, hotel conditioner works like fabric softener but you need to do an extra rinse.    Rinse anything that is smelly before throwing it together with other stuff.  Now, here is the bit that will help a lot.    To dry your stuff after wringing it out, take the towel and fold it in half (lengthways) and then lay your T's , socks etc on it before rolling the towel up .  Many Bothans died to bring us this information, so pay attention to this:  Step on the rolled up towel and run or walk on the spot on the towel for about 30 seconds.   That will get your clothes almost dry.    Use the washing line, or for really quick results use paper clips to secure items to the aircon vent.

Nolan is on the money about cotton:  It is truly the enemy of convenient washing and drying.   Uniclo does some great mixes that dry really quickly and are really good value.  Or, you can spend some money on merino or tech fabrics.

TrippinJen makes a good case for disposable items.  A good call, but not really my thing based on stuff I have used from airline "care packages" that they give you when your luggage gets delayed/lost.  A matter of taste, but worth a try.   Jen, any recommended brands and where to buy?

Mario, you are right that hotel laundry is a pain and usually expensive.   Check out tripadvisor about whether laundry services are cheap and quick and available where you are going.  Just got back from Indo, and I could get half a suitcase of stuff done for aboutt US3....and that was express service and nicely ironed and folded too. YMMV.

Stefanie is right:  Don't bother with a towel.    A  dressing gown (as Pammy mentions)????  Honestly, the only person who needs to travel with a dressing gown is Hugh Hefner - unless it looks like this: https://mobile.twitter.com/Jon_H1/statu … 7751739392     Don't worry about flip flops either.  Most hotels have them, or you can pick up a pair at a convenience store.   Pajamas?    I'm going to swim against the tide of public opinion here and say they are not my thing.

All the best....

#12 10-31-2016 9:29 PM

monkeymia79
Posts: 209

Lupobianco wrote:

I never knew this, thank you.

#13 11-1-2016 1:26 AM

Lupobianco wrote:

All the best....

Completely agree. Unless you have specific plans for company (ahem), PJs are a waste of space. If it's too cold to go naked (or you're in a dorm), a t-shirt and yesterday'a underwear serve just fine. And any towelling is just insanely bulky.

Medal for the bothans! I'd forgotten about the towel thing on the road- it's how I wash my wool jumpers at home but the wool jumpers don't tend to come on the road with me, I take fleece normally.

I'd like to add that my suitcases got a lot lighter when most of Europe banned indoor smoking- if you're a smoker you probably do need a couple more jumpers than I do because smoke is a bit clingy. At home I get the smell out with baking soda (some of my relatives smoke) but I'm reluctant to travel with white powder!

#14 11-1-2016 9:43 AM

Re: Packing clothes

hahaha Andy can I just clarify that my friend brought a dressing gown.... not me. I dont even own one. She's a little high maintenance. lol

#15 11-3-2016 6:52 AM

stefmuts wrote:

To start I do wear t-shirts twice (not if they are sweaty though)

Sometimes i stay in hostels and other times in hotels. I have never really inquired about laundry services as I always feel that hotels will always try to rip you off with such additional services.
I walk A LOT when im away. It took me a day to explore entire Rome on foot, all hidden areas and corners and this was AFTER a 3 hour tour of the Vatican smile So wearing a t shirt twice is a no go for me haha.

I agree about the towel. It does take up space and I would only end up using it one or 2 times max

#16 11-3-2016 7:04 AM

pammy_robertson wrote:

I guess that depends on how high maintenance you are... Haha!

Cant say high maintenance but I also dont want to look like I live on a mountain big_smile haha
What do you mean you 'layer' your clothes? Special way of packing? I just pack them folded up as they are in my wardrobe and I stuff the empty spots with underwear and socks.
I agree that toiletries take up tons of space. I usually just pack soap, toothbrush and paste, a colone,  nail clipper if im gone for more than a week and medication and sun cream.
I think women are quite lucky. 3 dresses that you would pack are pretty much equivalent to 3 trousers and 3 shirts that us guys would need to pack smile We also dont have the luxury of fast drying bikinis instead of underwear big_smile Well maybe some guys do, who knows lol
I could never pack any appliances or electronics. My camera is as technological as I get smile no cellphone either, that remains in the hotel while im out and about

#17 11-3-2016 7:19 AM

Re: Packing clothes

Moral of the story is that ladies have an unfair advantage over guys tongue haha Your clothes generally take up less space than ours do and while one item of clothing could be your entire outfit, it would be equivalent to 2 items of clothing for us. Unless you take gowns on your trips, then you definitely dont have an advantage haha!

I will try to go lighter on my next trip and see how that works out for me smile Some interesting points here in deed.

#18 11-3-2016 7:51 AM

Re: Packing clothes

Layering is instead of packing bulky warm jumpers you wear a t shirt over a vest over a cardi. So you can take lightweight options and wear multiple if it's cold. I always think men have it easier but I guess we can get away with wearing less and that keeps us cooler in hot/humid weather.
In terms of packing I roll my clothes and I put them in resealable sandwich bags. Great for squeezing air out of your bag and it keeps your dirties away from your clean stuff. Also no odour smile

#19 11-4-2016 3:03 AM

Ooh ok, never thought about 'layering' smile makes sense

Yeah i usually just bring along a big dustbin bag and put all my dirty clothes in there as the holiday progresses. Could never mix dirty with clean smile

#20 11-4-2016 4:16 AM

trippin_jen
Posts: 1071

Re: Packing clothes

But men can wear trousers more than once so basically 2 trousers work fine for a week, no? especially jeans. Men have more advantage with the skin care and facial products I'd say. Haha!

#21 11-4-2016 6:13 PM

Lupobianco
Andy
Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 315

trippin_jen wrote:

Could not agree more.  Packing is way, way  easier for dudes:  I know a guy who has worn the same style navy blue Brooks Brothers suit for 10 years and he told me no one has ever said one word.  (It was not the exact same suit for 10 years:  He would buy a new one of the same style each year at the sales and give the oldest one to charity.    And if two guys are wearing the same outfit ....often happens with navy blue suits.....No one cares or even notices!   On a 5 day work trip I can get away with a dark suit with two pairs of matching pants, 5 white shirts and 4 ties.....because a different tie counts as a new outfit, right?

#22 11-5-2016 6:57 AM

nolan
Posts: 3768

Ooh ok, never thought about 'layering' smile makes sense

I use packing cubes or dry bags for my dirty laundry (the dry bags for those that are wet from swimming or didn't dry soon enough - which is rarely the case as most of my travel clothes are quick drying). I also use the laundry bags that are given in most hotels, but not all of them have these so I always bring a separate large packing cube. Towards the end of my trip I pack the used socks in my extra pair of shoes, thus freeing up space in my "laundry" bag.

As for layering this is a big help for those traveling to multiple destinations. If just to a single destination, then a bulky but warm set of jackets/pants/jumpers works fine. You should generally wear when traveling your heaviest piece of clothing unless you're traveling from a warm climate place to a cold climate place.

#23 11-7-2016 11:27 AM

ArmyKombatVet
Sightseer
Posts: 53

nolan wrote:

Ooh ok, never thought about 'layering' smile makes sense

I agree with Nolan here, I just use a 45L Osprey Backpack with packing cubes.  The key with traveling light is to be mobile and not having to lug around suitcases on cobblestone roads, up stairs when there are no lifts/elevators, etc.  As a fellow guy, I'm surprised you carry all those clothes for a 14 day trip! Grant it, each person is different in their clothing needs and we all try to fit our attire to specific occasions.  Here is what I am planning to bring for a 3 month trip to Rome at the end of this year:

1 - 45L Osprey Porter Series Backpack
1 - 15L Daypack
4 - T-shirts
3 - nice button down shirts
3 - jeans
2 - gym shorts
1 - windbreaker jacket
1 - jacket (which I'll probably wear in transit)
4 - underwear
5 - socks
1 - running shoes
1 - flip flops
1 - micro towel

the key is to roll clothes rather then folding as they will bring you more space, and the packing cubes help with condensing that space and organizing your clothes.  I have yet to try to wash/dry clothes in a hostel/hotel room and so that will be a new experience with me if I can't find a laundromat where I am staying.  Also don't forget you can always buy clothes or toiletry stuff as you get to your destination.  So hopefully that helps, but I totally understand your personal preference.  Remember also that weather and time of year will play a factor in how many clothing options you might want to do or not do!  Hopefully this post helps you Mario!

#24 11-11-2016 4:33 AM

3 - nice button down shirts
3 - jeans
2 - gym shorts
1 - windbreaker jacket
1 - jacket (which I'll probably wear in transit)
4 - underwear
5 - socks
1 - running shoes
1 - flip flops
1 - micro towel

All makes sense, thanks.

I do have a stupid question though, what is a 'packing cube' and 'dry bag'?

I like Nolan's idea of stuffing socks into the spare pair of shoes, never thought about that one. Also, I will roll my clothes instead of folding on my next trip and see if that works out better.

How do you pack button down shirts? Any special way to avoid creasing or just iron or steam at the hotel?

My travel backpack is 75L and I couldnt fit my luggage in it on my last trip haha. Had to use a wheel luggage bag which I dont really like to use. I like to have my hands free when I walk, to read a map or eat a sandwich smile

Last edited by MarioBG (11-11-2016 4:35 AM)

#25 11-11-2016 6:59 AM

Re: Packing clothes

If I have to bring clothes that will want ironing, I fold them arms in first, then into a square, then I roll them. I try to pick fabrics that are non-iron or light fabric, and I hang them near where I shower so the steam drops the creases out. Often times they don't need ironed then. Sometimes they do, but not as much. Avoid linen, it's a total nightmare for creases!

This post has had no activity for 90 days and has been closed to new replies.

Board footer