Topic closed

#1 10-24-2016 6:01 AM

123iamfree
Edinburgh, Scotland
Posts: 36

7 Days in Kerala - Itinerary Help Please :o)

Hi Travbuds,

I’d greatly appreciate some advice on our upcoming trip to Kerala.

- Arriving 12th November and leaving 19th (7 full days) – arriving/departing Cochin Airport.
- Interested in tea plantations, backwaters, beaches, animals, temples/spirituality and Ayurvedic treatments.
- Aim of the trip is to be relaxing as possible and are hoping to keep the trip to no more than 3 accommodation changes.
- We’ve been to India before (Rajasthan/Varanasi)
- We would like to use a car and driver and go for a private boat tour on the backwaters.
- We are fit and healthy and don’t mind walks and a sense of adventure!

Would love any pointers on potential itineraries, recommended car and driver companies and private tour guides. It is a special holiday for us so our budget is generous and we would welcome any suggestions on luxury hotels/apartments also.

Thanks so much in advance.

#2 10-24-2016 7:06 AM

sky69
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: Vox Populi III

Hi Anna,

Kerala is amazing, i loved my last Kerala trip........!
That's why they call " God's own country "

For your 07 days trip i suggest:
Cochin (day-trip)  --  Munnar  (02 Nights)  --  Thekkady (01Night) -- Alleppey (01Night, House-boat)  -- Kovalam/Thrivendrum - (01 Night) -- Kanyakumari (01 Night) ...,

Hope the above route/itinerary will help !!

#3 10-25-2016 4:25 AM

123iamfree
Edinburgh, Scotland
Posts: 36

Hi Sky69,

Thanks so much for those suggestions, though that is a lot of changes in places to stay and not sure if this might compromise time looking at all the places we stop at?

Would you recommend a car/driver from your trip?

Thanks so much,

#4 10-25-2016 5:13 AM

Hi Anna,

I will PM you a driver contact details...

You can make changes in places to stay according to your taste/timings.

Raj...

#5 10-25-2016 11:30 AM

nolan
Explorer
Posts: 3770

Re: 7 Days in Kerala - Itinerary Help Please :o)

Anna, good advice provided by my friend Jai. He's been to Kerala quite a number of times so his recommended places should work fine with your itinerary.

I was there earlier this year but I only had 4 days in Kerala. From the time we arrived in Ernakulam on the overnight train from Goa, we chose to spend a couple of nights in Munnar (better if longer if you really want to chill out), and overnight before flying out of Kochi, which means we missed the Allepey house boat experience. So a week is good enough for those places Jai mentioned.

One other thing. It is hot in Kerala! That's why Munnar is a good place to chill out, higher elevation and cooler climes, not to mention far fewer people. The moment you get to the coastal cities like Kochi you will encounter quite a lot of locals.

#6 10-25-2016 11:10 PM

Anjali33
anjali
New Delhi, India
Award: Writer I
Posts: 19

Palm Tree Heritage
Beautiful place Very romAntic quiet place with sympathetic staff. Clean rooms and very good kitchen. I want coming back.The perfect ending after 5 weeks of travel through IndiaThis is a quiet resort in the evening which I truly appreciated and I had the best sleeps of the entire trip here. I'd definitely stay here if I am so fortunate to return to the.travelkabaap

#7 10-26-2016 5:18 AM

nolan wrote:

Thanks Nolan :-)

If i'm not wrong, i still remember you were not sure about MUNNAR ...., and i insisted you to visit...,
coz Munnar is kinda MUST visit place when someone is in Kerala.
I'm glad you liked it !!!!

Hope we repeat the same fun for North-India meetup in coming years !!!!!

#8 10-26-2016 10:59 AM

nolan
Explorer
Posts: 3770

sky69 wrote:

nolan wrote:

Thanks Nolan :-)

coz Munnar is kinda MUST visit place when someone is in Kerala.
I'm glad you liked it !!!!

Hope we repeat the same fun for North-India meetup in coming years !!!!!

Yes you are right, Jai. It was a difficult decision to decide to get Munnar only for two days in lieu of dropping Allepey.  But I liked Munnar a lot, didn't feel bad about missing the houseboat ride. Maybe next trip to Kerala ... but North India meetup first!

#9 12-21-2016 4:48 AM

jethanad
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IAward: Writer IIAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: Bedbug IAward: Vox Populi III
Posts: 571

Re: 7 Days in Kerala - Itinerary Help Please :o)

Regardless of your itinerary or agenda , you will not be dis-appointed because Kerala has so many features and attractions. If you  slow down a bit, you will be able to relax and enjoy yourself.

I would highly recommend you use your hotel to arrange for a car with driver. The rates are pretty much uniform and you will save yourself the hassle of pre-arranging. In my opinion, the hotel desks are more reliable and accountable  compared to other operators. Local transport is available but the frequency and difficulty of making your connections makes it inconvenient especially if you are  visiting for the first time or travelling in a small group.

Last edited by jethanad (12-22-2016 8:59 AM)

#10 12-21-2016 6:36 AM

Cho
Cho
Orlando, Florida
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IIIAward: Critic IIIAward: Writer IAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: TravelpedianAward: Bedbug IAward: Vox Populi IIIAward: Spambuster IAward: Most Helpful Hotel Reviewer (Past Winner)
Posts: 667

Re: 7 Days in Kerala - Itinerary Help Please :o)

Very wise choice.  Kerala is a beautiful state in India.  I was there some years ago but visited only Trivandrum and Kovalam beach.  I regret now that I didn't go to the other places mentioned in this forum.

Topic closed
This post has had no activity for 90 days and has been closed to new replies.

Board footer