#1 3-22-2016 2:24 AM

stefmuts
Stefanie
Neerpelt, Belgium
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IIAward: Critic IAward: Writer IAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: AmbassadorAward: TravelpedianAward: Bedbug IAward: Vox Populi IVAward: Spambuster IAward: Most Helpful Hotel Reviewer (Past Winner)
Explorer

terrorist attack Brussels

Brussels airport and some railroad and underground stations have been evacuated after various bomb attacks and several suspicious packages were found
Several deaths and a lot wounded, it's a war zone at this moment

Flights are being deviated to other airports, and no trains from and to Brussels

#2 3-22-2016 3:18 AM

Cho
Cho
Orlando, Florida
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IIIAward: Critic IIIAward: Writer IAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: TravelpedianAward: Bedbug IAward: Vox Populi IIIAward: Spambuster IAward: Most Helpful Hotel Reviewer (Past Winner)
Nomad

Re: terrorist attack Brussels

Just found out on the news about the terrorist attack at several locations in Brussels including the international airport. My deepest sympathies to the innocent victims. I was in Brussels once in my tour of Belgium and have never forgotten the wonderful sights/friendly people of the city and country. Another senseless tragedy. Traveling is becoming less and less enjoyable with the threat of terrorism anywhere/anytime in the world.

#3 3-22-2016 6:46 AM

Bojasem
Taher
Kuwait City, Kuwait
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IAward: Critic IIIAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: Bedbug IIAward: Vox Populi IIIAward: Most Helpful Hotel Reviewer (Past Winner)
Nomad

I am sorry for that & hope everything be fine soon.

#4 3-22-2016 9:02 AM

surfoz
Perth, Australia
Award: Community LeaderAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: Vox Populi III
Nomad

Am so sad to see what happened - J'adore Bruxelles..!!

,,I'm still going to visit again, not going to let these terrorists win..!!

#5 3-22-2016 1:01 PM

monkeymia79
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IAward: Critic IAward: Writer IAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: TravelpedianAward: Bedbug IAward: Vox Populi IAward: Most Helpful Hotel Reviewer (Past Winner)
Tourist

These terrorists attacks are getting scary. My thoughts are with the victims and families.

Last edited by monkeymia79 (3-22-2016 1:02 PM)

#6 3-22-2016 3:26 PM

fransglobal
Francis
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IAward: Critic IIIAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: Bedbug IIIAward: Vox Populi VAward: Spambuster IIIAward: Most Helpful Hotel Reviewer (Past Winner)
Globetrotter

Thinking of Brussels tonight...

#7 3-22-2016 6:20 PM

osgoodst
steve
Chicago, Illinois
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IIAward: Critic IIIAward: Writer IIAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: TravelpedianAward: Bedbug IAward: Vox Populi IVAward: Most Helpful Hotel Reviewer (Past Winner)
Explorer

this sucks!

#8 3-25-2016 4:17 AM

stefmuts
Stefanie
Neerpelt, Belgium
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IIAward: Critic IAward: Writer IAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: AmbassadorAward: TravelpedianAward: Bedbug IAward: Vox Populi IVAward: Spambuster IAward: Most Helpful Hotel Reviewer (Past Winner)
Explorer

I didn't mention it earlier but of course are my thoughts with the victims and families

For travel buddies coming this way one of these days:
Brussels airport tweeted:
Passenger flights into and out of #brusselsairport are suspended until Sunday 27 March included. Contact your airline for flight info.

Train traffic has been fully resumed, but extra measures shall apply:
https://www.b-europe.com/Travel/Practical/Alerts

This post has had no activity for 90 days and has been closed to new replies.

Board footer