#1 11-21-2015 9:08 AM

Solomatrix
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IAward: Critic IAward: Writer IAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: AmbassadorAward: TravelpedianAward: Bedbug IAward: Vox Populi IVAward: Spambuster IIIAward: Most Helpful Hotel Reviewer (Past Winner)
Explorer

Brussels under alert (Nov 21, 2015)

http://abcnews.go.com/International/wir … s-35342029

The metro has been closed since this morning but you can use trams and buses. I've been using buses and they are packed. Keep that in mind if you have a lot of luggage. Trains are still running normally (including to/from the airport).

There are police and soldiers around all the major tourists attractions (Grand Place and surrounding areas especially) round-the-clock. The train stations have police and soldiers at entry/exit points as well.

The situation here is stressful and I would not recommend anyone to come here unless it's necessary until the threat level is reduced.

#2 11-22-2015 6:26 PM

surfoz
Perth, Australia
Award: Community LeaderAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: Vox Populi III
Nomad

Re: Brussels under alert (Nov 21, 2015)

Sad to read that Brussels is under threat, tiz my favee city in Europe - still I will visit again without thinking twice and also Paris.

Vive la France et Vive la Bruxelles..!!

#3 11-22-2015 6:42 PM

trippin_jen
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IIIAward: Critic IIIAward: Writer IIAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: Bedbug IIAward: Vox Populi IVAward: Spambuster IAward: Most Helpful Hotel Reviewer (Past Winner)
Explorer

Solomatrix wrote:

The situation here is stressful and I would not recommend anyone to come here unless it's necessary until the threat level is reduced.

Not sure how we could determine if "threat level is reduced" or not? So I heard other cities like London, Singapore and Kuala Lumpur did also receive threats, although it appears to me that in Brussel it's more critical. And then again, question is how do we identify if situation is critical or not? I wonder if all these news had stopped people from traveling?

#4 11-23-2015 2:20 AM

bensonryan
Ryan
Yokohama, Japan
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IVAward: Critic IIAward: Writer IIAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: Bedbug IAward: Vox Populi IAward: Spambuster IAward: Most Helpful Hotel Reviewer (Past Winner)
Tourist

Brussel is home to EU headquarters, it seems that terrorists aim to attack large groups of people. There are a lot of threats stateside in the major US cities too. As long as you're not in the middle of the main attractions during the peak season people should be fine.

#5 11-23-2015 5:01 PM

jeffy
Los Angeles, California
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IAward: Critic IAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: TravelpedianAward: Vox Populi III
Nomad

bensonryan wrote:

Brussel is home to EU headquarters, it seems that terrorists aim to attack large groups of people. There are a lot of threats stateside in the major US cities too. As long as you're not in the middle of the main attractions during the peak season people should be fine.

That's probably true but then again not every terrorist attack is "in the middle of the main attractions." Evidence: most terrorist attacks.

#6 12-10-2015 9:19 AM

kayguarnay
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IIAward: Critic IIAward: Writer IIIAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: TravelpedianAward: Bedbug IAward: Vox Populi IAward: Spambuster IAward: Most Helpful Hotel Reviewer (Past Winner)
Tourist

Some just downright make no sense.  Why attack a center for people with disabilities?  There are no rhyme or reasons for why these people lose their fuses, but certainly if people were to cower and stop traveling, they would be playing to the agenda of the terrorist groups who are fed by fear tactics.

This post has had no activity for 90 days and has been closed to new replies.

Board footer