#1 11-13-2015 5:33 PM

altmtl
Jim
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: AmbassadorAward: Vox Populi IVAward: Spambuster I
Explorer
Posts: 3155

France: State of Emergency declared in Paris - Borders closed

 

#2 11-13-2015 5:51 PM

guybooth
Lagos, Nigeria
Award: Community LeaderAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: Vox Populi IV
Explorer
Posts: 3214

Re: France: State of Emergency declared in Paris - Borders closed

very sad, but I think we’re going to see much more of this in Europe in years to come.

 

#3 11-13-2015 6:51 PM

vulindlela
Jeremy
Indianapolis, Indiana
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IIAward: Critic IIIAward: Writer IIAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: AmbassadorAward: TravelpedianAward: Bedbug IIAward: Vox Populi VAward: Spambuster IIIAward: Most Helpful Hotel Reviewer (Past Winner)
Globetrotter
Posts: 9800

Re: France: State of Emergency declared in Paris - Borders closed

guybooth wrote:

very sad, but I think we’re going to see much more of this in Europe in years to come.

Very true statement.  They have a huge problem on their hands.

 

#4 11-13-2015 8:39 PM

MNMark
Mark
Cambridge, Minnesota
Award: Vox Populi II
Wanderer
Posts: 254

Re: France: State of Emergency declared in Paris - Borders closed

I agree. It wasn't just refugees and fortune seekers that entered Europe recently.

guybooth wrote:

very sad, but I think we’re going to see much more of this in Europe in years to come.

 

#5 11-13-2015 8:48 PM

Solomatrix
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IAward: Critic IAward: Writer IAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: AmbassadorAward: TravelpedianAward: Bedbug IAward: Vox Populi IVAward: Spambuster IIIAward: Most Helpful Hotel Reviewer (Past Winner)
Explorer
Posts: 2362

Re: France: State of Emergency declared in Paris - Borders closed

guybooth wrote:

very sad, but I think we’re going to see much more of this in Europe in years to come.

vulindlela wrote:

Very true statement.  They have a huge problem on their hands.

MNMark wrote:

I agree. It wasn't just refugees and fortune seekers that entered Europe recently.

Agreed. Stricter border controls in the near future?

 

#6 11-13-2015 9:31 PM

jamartin39
Jackie
Stockton Springs, Maine
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IIIAward: Critic IIIAward: Writer IIIAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: AmbassadorAward: TravelpedianAward: Bedbug IAward: Vox Populi IIIAward: Spambuster I
Nomad
Posts: 622

Re: France: State of Emergency declared in Paris - Borders closed

This is heartbreaking, I've been glued to Twitter for updates.😢💔

 

#7 11-13-2015 9:39 PM

Vikram
Vikram
Redmond, Washington
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IVAward: Critic IVAward: Writer IVAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: AmbassadorAward: TravelpedianAward: Bedbug IIAward: Vox Populi IAward: Most Helpful Hotel Reviewer (Past Winner)
Tourist
Posts: 108

Re: France: State of Emergency declared in Paris - Borders closed

The start of the new world Europe! :-(

 

#8 11-13-2015 10:33 PM

thirdeyesight
Jesse
Edmonton, Canada
Couch Potato
Posts: 27

Re: France: State of Emergency declared in Paris - Borders closed

Very sad...every country gets a turn at their own version of 911.  Not in magnitude, but in aftermath with the freedoms everyone in a country suddenly loses because of one event.  Funny, haven't been a lot of terrorist attacks (or any) in the US since 911, but the freedoms lost are seemingly permanent afterwards, and the "War on Terror" goes on perpetually because there is no actual enemy to defeat and then declare victory over.  So don't expect to get those freedoms back anytime soon!  It will be interesting to see what changes the country goes through now, what new laws are passed, and what freedoms are lost. 

My 2 cents, don't feed into the fear frenzy the media is going to be creating.  No one can think clearly or logically in a state of fear, which is exactly what the msm is best at inducing in its millions of viewers.

 

#9 11-14-2015 12:02 AM

Apurva_N
Apurva
New Delhi, India
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IAward: Critic IIAward: Writer IAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: TravelpedianAward: Bedbug IAward: Vox Populi IIAward: Spambuster IAward: Most Helpful Hotel Reviewer (Past Winner)
Wanderer
Posts: 389

Re: France: State of Emergency declared in Paris - Borders closed

Sad, shocking, and so sinister.

 

#10 11-14-2015 2:29 AM

altmtl
Jim
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: AmbassadorAward: Vox Populi IVAward: Spambuster I
Explorer
Posts: 3155

Re: France: State of Emergency declared in Paris - Borders closed

Reminds me of the time I was in Mumbai during the terrorist attacks in 2008

 

#11 11-14-2015 3:57 AM

fransglobal
Francis
Moderator
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IAward: Critic IIIAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: Bedbug IIIAward: Vox Populi VAward: Spambuster IIIAward: Most Helpful Hotel Reviewer (Past Winner)
Globetrotter
Posts: 17592

Re: France: State of Emergency declared in Paris - Borders closed

Interesting perspective by Rick Steves:


https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_ … 5052217744

 

#12 11-14-2015 10:28 AM

MNMark
Mark
Cambridge, Minnesota
Award: Vox Populi II
Wanderer
Posts: 254

Re: France: State of Emergency declared in Paris - Borders closed

Just read a Dutch article that confirmed one of them arrived in Greece along with the refugees. That Trojan horse needs to be sent back/closed/stopped/etc.


http://m.telegraaf.nl/binnenland/articl … n=facebook

Solomatrix wrote:

guybooth wrote:

very sad, but I think we’re going to see much more of this in Europe in years to come.

vulindlela wrote:

Very true statement.  They have a huge problem on their hands.

MNMark wrote:

I agree. It wasn't just refugees and fortune seekers that entered Europe recently.

Agreed. Stricter border controls in the near future?

 

#13 11-14-2015 11:50 AM

Nekokoneko
Michel
Brugge, Belgium
Award: Happy Happy HappyAward: Vox Populi IV
Explorer
Posts: 1494

Re: France: State of Emergency declared in Paris - Borders closed

MNMark wrote:

Just read a Dutch article that confirmed one of them arrived in Greece along with the refugees. That Trojan horse needs to be sent back/closed/stopped/etc.

Tell that to Germany

 

#14 11-14-2015 11:53 AM

guybooth
Lagos, Nigeria
Award: Community LeaderAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: Vox Populi IV
Explorer
Posts: 3214

Re: France: State of Emergency declared in Paris - Borders closed

It would not surprise me it that was true, but I wonder if they know that already for sure?
To me it seems pointless having country boarders if you’re not prepared to enforce then with force..
I don’t blame anyone for wanting to flee a war zone, but nor would I blame any government for not letting them in....it’s a no win situation,  and it’s only going to get worse unfortunately.

MNMark wrote:

Just read a Dutch article that confirmed one of them arrived in Greece along with the refugees. That Trojan horse needs to be sent back/closed/stopped/etc.


http://m.telegraaf.nl/binnenland/articl … n=facebook

Solomatrix wrote:

guybooth wrote:

very sad, but I think we’re going to see much more of this in Europe in years to come.

vulindlela wrote:

Very true statement.  They have a huge problem on their hands.

MNMark wrote:

I agree. It wasn't just refugees and fortune seekers that entered Europe recently.

Agreed. Stricter border controls in the near future?

 

#15 11-14-2015 12:43 PM

EmyG
Emilia
Oxford, England
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IVAward: Critic IIIAward: Writer IIIAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: AmbassadorAward: TravelpedianAward: Bedbug IIAward: Vox Populi VAward: Spambuster IIIAward: Most Helpful Hotel Reviewer (Past Winner)
Globetrotter
Posts: 5566

Re: France: State of Emergency declared in Paris - Borders closed

guybooth wrote:

It would not surprise me it that was true, but I wonder if they know that already for sure?
To me it seems pointless having country boarders if you’re not prepared to enforce then with force..
I don’t blame anyone for wanting to flee a war zone, but nor would I blame any government for not letting them in....it’s a no win situation,  and it’s only going to get worse unfortunately.

MNMark wrote:

Just read a Dutch article that confirmed one of them arrived in Greece along with the refugees. That Trojan horse needs to be sent back/closed/stopped/etc.


http://m.telegraaf.nl/binnenland/articl … n=facebook

Solomatrix wrote:

guybooth wrote:

very sad, but I think we’re going to see much more of this in Europe in years to come.

vulindlela wrote:

Very true statement.  They have a huge problem on their hands.

Agreed. Stricter border controls in the near future?

Greece already admit that this terrorist received a refugee status from them in October.

As the last events showed, countries in EU have no free will in the topic "take them or not" ... Some were forced. Slovakia even told they will leave EU because of that. Today my country suspended the prerogative of EU about relocations and is not going to take anyone as long as it wont be 100% safe.

 

#16 11-14-2015 12:47 PM

thirdeyesight
Jesse
Edmonton, Canada
Couch Potato
Posts: 27

Re: France: State of Emergency declared in Paris - Borders closed

Well, whatever happened, for whatever reason, you will never hear from the mainstream media the real reason people could be driven to do something like that.  It will just be a "RANDOM" terrorist act, and we should be scared cause another one could happen at any moment, and we should take revenge against whoever the government decides is to blame (whether true or not).  Get to your local recruitment agency while your sad and angry, be a real "patriot".  More pawns for a rich mans game.

"For every action there is an equal and opposite reaction".  You think this was the action, or the reaction?  No matter what the case is, every corrupt politician will be using it as an opportunity to justify passing a few more laws or acts, get just a little closer to a draconian society.

Mainstream media isn't about truth at all, it is about fabricating the desired emotional response from it's millions of viewers to progress whatever the agenda happens to be at the moment.  Just an example, to gain support from it's citizens and to justify a war in the middle east while stealing a countries oil and taking over the opium fields, and completely destroying a country and then putting them in an amount of debt that can never be paid off thanks to compounding interest so they can attempt to rebuild their country from this "unfortunate" war on terror.  Just an example, not sure if this has ever happened.

If there was a question that needed an answer, it wouldn't be, "What terrorist group do we blame this on?"  It should be, "What really pushed people this far over the edge?  What are we doing on this planet that shapes a person to have that kind of behavior?"  The type of society we have is what creates the type of people in it.  Sure, it's great to try to just blame the people directly involved, but it doesn't change or fix anything.  We are shaped by our environment and the people around us. 

The answer is not, lock down all the borders and tighten up security.  It still is not addressing what is causing the problem, and these people still exist on the planet for someone to deal with.  After all, these borders are imaginary. 

Funny to think we could believe the solution is, just make another country deal we what we created.  Pretty sad that patriotism can be so strongly conditioned into us to make us actually believe that just because someone was born outside of our imaginary borders, that they aren't as important as the ones that were born inside of it, that they are somehow less human so we don't need to treat them like one.  I only pray that my fate is never left into the hands of other people like that.  Patriotism is just another tool for divide and conquer, no different than racism, it just happens to be on a national level.  Can't start wars without it!

Rant over...thanks for that wink

Last edited by thirdeyesight (11-14-2015 1:15 PM)

 

#17 11-14-2015 1:15 PM

MNMark
Mark
Cambridge, Minnesota
Award: Vox Populi II
Wanderer
Posts: 254

Re: France: State of Emergency declared in Paris - Borders closed

You have got to be joking ?!!? This shit has been going on since Cain and Abel. No amount of therapy, Xanax or feel good liberal bullshit is going to make these radicals attend a fucking hugathon in Montreal.

Edit: Closing the borders is both a justified and reasonable solution given the circumstances. To give you a travel analogy 'put on your own oxygen mask before helping others'.

thirdeyesight wrote:

Well, whatever happened, for whatever reason, you will never hear from the mainstream media the real reason people could be driven to do something like that.  It will just be a "RANDOM" terrorist act, and we should be scared cause another one could happen at any moment, and we should take revenge against whoever the government decides is to blame (whether true or not).  Get to your local recruitment agency while your sad and angry, be a real "patriot".  More pawns for a rich mans game.

"For every action there is an equal and opposite reaction".  You think this was the action, or the reaction?  No matter what the case is, every corrupt politician will be using it as an opportunity to justify passing a few more laws or acts, get just a little closer to a draconian society.

Mainstream media isn't about truth at all, it is about fabricating the desired emotional response from it's millions of viewers to progress whatever the agenda happens to be at the moment.  Just an example, to gain support from it's citizens and to justify a war in the middle east while stealing a countries oil and taking over the opium fields, and completely destroying a country and then putting them in an amount of debt that can never be paid off thanks to compounding interest so they can attempt to rebuild their country from this "unfortunate" war on terror.  Just an example, not sure if this has ever happened.

If there was a question that needed an answer, it wouldn't be, "What terrorist group do we blame this on?"  It should be, "What really pushed people this far over the edge?  What are we doing on this planet that shapes a person to have that kind of behavior?" The type of society we have is what creates the type of people in it.  Sure, it's great to try to just blame the people directly involved, but we are shaped by our environment and the people around us.  The answer is not, lock down all the borders and tighten up security.  Still not addressing what is causing the problem, and these people still exist on the planet.  After all, these borders are imaginary.  Funny to think we could believe the solution is, just make another country deal we what we created.

Last edited by MNMark (11-14-2015 1:24 PM)

 

#18 11-14-2015 1:21 PM

thirdeyesight
Jesse
Edmonton, Canada
Couch Potato
Posts: 27

Re: France: State of Emergency declared in Paris - Borders closed

MNMark wrote:

You have got to be joking ?!!? This shit has been going on since Cain and Abel. No amount of therapy, Xanax or feel good liberal bullshit is going to make these radicals attend a fucking hugathon in Montreal.

I'm not refering to some pills or therapy.  I mean society as a whole, the way it is structured is what creates the type of people in it.  Why else would everyone in one country be super similar, but hop over a few countries and people can be dramatically different culturally?  They aren't born different, the society created it, the environment they were brought up in.  People aren't born psychopaths, racist, or bigots, no one is, society and the environment you are brought up in creates all of that.  This is what I am talking about.  The very root of the problem.  It is why this cycle will carry on and on.  We just keep "fixing" the problem by doing the most short sighted solutions around.

So yeah, you would definitely be correct, it has been going on since Cain and Abel, why?  Because society hasn't changed that much.  We wear different clothes and have better technology, but it is still a dog eat dog greedy world of "fuck everyone else who isn't me, a friend, family, or born in my country, I don't care who gets the shaft, as long as it ain't me or mine."

Last edited by thirdeyesight (11-14-2015 1:24 PM)

 

#19 11-14-2015 1:22 PM

Aaron101
Aaron
Maidenhead, England
Award: Vox Populi II
Wanderer
Posts: 327

Re: France: State of Emergency declared in Paris - Borders closed

Jesse. I'm probably not the only one that finds your post wrong, inappropriate, uninformed, and offensive.

It way too late for that outdated viewpoint, so out of factual respect to what actually took place (and many several times in the last 20 years), I think you should take it somewhere else.

 

#20 11-14-2015 1:26 PM

thirdeyesight
Jesse
Edmonton, Canada
Couch Potato
Posts: 27

Re: France: State of Emergency declared in Paris - Borders closed

Aaron101 wrote:

Jesse. I'm probably not the only one that finds your post wrong, inappropriate, uninformed, and offensive.

It way too late for that outdated viewpoint, so out of factual respect to what actually took place (and many several times in the last 20 years), I think you should take it somewhere else.

I'm sorry an opinion that differs from yours can make you upset.  I didn't post it cause I thought everyone would agree.  But sure, I'll exit the convo now smile

Last edited by thirdeyesight (11-14-2015 1:29 PM)

 

#21 11-14-2015 1:35 PM

MNMark
Mark
Cambridge, Minnesota
Award: Vox Populi II
Wanderer
Posts: 254

Re: France: State of Emergency declared in Paris - Borders closed

That's a cheap way out Jesse. Entertain me with your suggested list of actions that will deliver us Utopia. And I do mean actions, not wishful thinking or finger pointing.


thirdeyesight wrote:

Aaron101 wrote:

Jesse. I'm probably not the only one that finds your post wrong, inappropriate, uninformed, and offensive.

It way too late for that outdated viewpoint, so out of factual respect to what actually took place (and many several times in the last 20 years), I think you should take it somewhere else.

I'm sorry an opinion that differs from yours can make you upset.  I didn't post it cause I thought everyone would agree.  But sure, I'll exit the convo now smile

Last edited by MNMark (11-14-2015 1:36 PM)

 

#22 11-14-2015 1:40 PM

thirdeyesight
Jesse
Edmonton, Canada
Couch Potato
Posts: 27

Re: France: State of Emergency declared in Paris - Borders closed

MNMark wrote:

That's a cheap way out Jesse. Entertain me with your suggested list of actions that will deliver us Utopia. And I do mean actions, not wishful thinking or finger pointing.

I'm certainly not pretending to have the answers, but the first step to fixing any problem is acknowledging that there is one, and what it actually is.  Awareness of the problem is always the first step.  While denial will just perpetuate it.  What will blaming the problem on the wrong thing accomplish?  The same thing as denial.

Last edited by thirdeyesight (11-14-2015 1:46 PM)

 

#23 11-14-2015 2:40 PM

EmyG
Emilia
Oxford, England
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IVAward: Critic IIIAward: Writer IIIAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: AmbassadorAward: TravelpedianAward: Bedbug IIAward: Vox Populi VAward: Spambuster IIIAward: Most Helpful Hotel Reviewer (Past Winner)
Globetrotter
Posts: 5566

Re: France: State of Emergency declared in Paris - Borders closed

2 terrorists came to EU as so-called refugees (Greece confirmed)

 

#24 11-14-2015 4:46 PM

altmtl
Jim
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: AmbassadorAward: Vox Populi IVAward: Spambuster I
Explorer
Posts: 3155

Re: France: State of Emergency declared in Paris - Borders closed

Blame the USA for all this crap... http://theantimedia.org/someone-finally … verything/

 

#25 11-14-2015 5:01 PM

guybooth
Lagos, Nigeria
Award: Community LeaderAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: Vox Populi IV
Explorer
Posts: 3214

Re: France: State of Emergency declared in Paris - Borders closed

mainstream media? that sounds likes something Fox News is always complaining about...these days the ‘media’ is anyone who wants to write a blog on the internet - and you can find any media you like that fits with your beliefs.
yes, "This shit has been going on since Cain and Abel"  in fact since before. Chimpanzees have territorial wars, raids and commit genocide. humans do the same - an unfortunate part of our biological inheritance.

 
This post has had no activity for 90 days and has been closed to new replies.

Board footer

Powered by PunBB
© Copyright 2002–2008 PunBB