#51 10-21-2015 2:53 AM

nolan
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IIAward: Critic IIIAward: Writer IIAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: AmbassadorAward: TravelpedianAward: Bedbug IIAward: Vox Populi IVAward: Spambuster IIAward: Most Helpful Hotel Reviewer (Past Winner)
Explorer
Posts: 3768

Re: TravBuddy Meetups - Who, When & Where? - Tell us yours...

petersindac wrote:

2011-April      ~ Easter Meet Up in Manila organized by Steven (Baliw-Katok) with 15+TB’s

2012-Dec.         ~ TB Christmas Party in Manila organized by Ella (Filipiniana) with 20+TB’s

2013-March    ~ Huge Travbuddy Meet UP in Bangkok organized by Jamal with 20+ TB’s

2014-April      ~ Huge Bali Meet Up organized by Sisca with 15+ TB’s

2014-Dec.         ~ TBNYE Party in Hong Kong 2015 organized by Wouter with 30+ TB’s

2014-July         ~ Holiday Meet Up in Dubai by Shaylla with 10+ TB’s

2015-March    ~ Wedding Meet Up in KL by Vanessa with 15+ TB

And a lot more mini meet-ups I attended and some are organized by myself. Looking forward to more meet ups next year… big_smile

You forgot the December 27, 2014 meetup I organized in Makati with almost 20 TBs - perhaps you had a bit too much to drink that night that you forgot? tongue

Hey Pedro - see you in Warsaw for the Eleven Heaven meetup next September?

Last edited by nolan (10-21-2015 2:54 AM)

 

#52 10-21-2015 11:36 AM

spocklogic
Brian
Poquoson, Virginia
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IVAward: Critic IVAward: Writer IIIAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: AmbassadorAward: TravelpedianAward: Bedbug IIIAward: Vox Populi IVAward: Spambuster IIIAward: Most Helpful Hotel Reviewer (Past Winner)
Explorer
Posts: 4394

Re: TravBuddy Meetups - Who, When & Where? - Tell us yours...

Good feedback on meetups here recently. Remember, links you may have in reference to meetups (blogs or such) are welcome, and will make such entries more accessible for TBer's to check out your meetups. It may take you a little time for you to dig them up, but saves everyone time to go searching for them. MORE LINKS...

 

#53 10-21-2015 11:08 PM

petersindac
Peter
Al Khobar, Saudi Arabia
Award: Happy Happy Happy
Sightseer
Posts: 81

Re: TravBuddy Meetups - Who, When & Where? - Tell us yours...

nolan wrote:

You forgot the December 27, 2014 meetup I organized in Makati with almost 20 TBs - perhaps you had a bit too much to drink that night that you forgot? tongue

Hey Pedro - see you in Warsaw for the Eleven Heaven meetup next September?

Yup maybe I had few drinks that night, haha. Thanks for reminding me that wonderful evening, but not for Margunn I guess..
Warsaw is still a plan until I get there in September.

Most of the blogs/photos are not from me. I am too lazy to upload, hehehe. But I will upload mine in the future.. big_smile big_smile

Manila by Steven
http://www.travbuddy.com/travel-blogs/88809/

Manila by Steven
http://www.travbuddy.com/travel-blogs/99162/

Bangkok by myself
http://www.travbuddy.com/travel-blogs/108416/

Bali blog by Raj
http://www.travbuddy.com/travel-blogs/114553/

Manila by Cathy
http://www.travbuddy.com/travel-blogs/97009/

Manila by Cathy
http://www.travbuddy.com/travel-blogs/108362/

Manila to Hong Kong blog/review by Christian.
http://www.travbuddy.com/Strumms-v824604

 

#54 10-24-2015 3:17 AM

TravChef
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IIAward: Critic IAward: Writer IIAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: AmbassadorAward: TravelpedianAward: Bedbug IAward: Vox Populi IVAward: Most Helpful Hotel Reviewer (Past Winner)
Explorer
Posts: 1951

Re: TravBuddy Meetups - Who, When & Where? - Tell us yours...

I have met several TBers, the lastest one is Sandy Goldensand, which I will write up summary later as I am not very organise at the moment..but here is my blog, either in a big group called Huge Meet-up, a group call TB Meet-up, A Mini Meet-up or a Tete-a-tete (one to one) Meet-up.

http://www.travbuddy.com/travel-blogs/95471/

 

#55 10-24-2015 5:32 AM

sky69
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: Vox Populi III
Nomad
Posts: 539

Re: TravBuddy Meetups - Who, When & Where? - Tell us yours...

petersindac wrote:

nolan wrote:

You forgot the December 27, 2014 meetup I organized in Makati with almost 20 TBs - perhaps you had a bit too much to drink that night that you forgot? tongue

Hey Pedro - see you in Warsaw for the Eleven Heaven meetup next September?

Yup maybe I had few drinks that night, haha. Thanks for reminding me that wonderful evening, but not for Margunn I guess..
Warsaw is still a plan until I get there in September.

Most of the blogs/photos are not from me. I am too lazy to upload, hehehe. But I will upload mine in the future.. big_smile big_smile

Manila by Steven
http://www.travbuddy.com/travel-blogs/88809/

Manila by Steven
http://www.travbuddy.com/travel-blogs/99162/

Bangkok by myself
http://www.travbuddy.com/travel-blogs/108416/

Bali blog by Raj
http://www.travbuddy.com/travel-blogs/114553/

Manila by Cathy
http://www.travbuddy.com/travel-blogs/97009/

Manila by Cathy
http://www.travbuddy.com/travel-blogs/108362/

Manila to Hong Kong blog/review by Christian.
http://www.travbuddy.com/Strumms-v824604

Hey Peter,

Thanks for sharing up my blog, Huge Meetup in Bali .....,
Sweet memories mate smile)
Miss you folks and miss you Bali ..!!

Thanks mate smile

 

#56 1-2-2016 9:18 AM

spocklogic
Brian
Poquoson, Virginia
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IVAward: Critic IVAward: Writer IIIAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: AmbassadorAward: TravelpedianAward: Bedbug IIIAward: Vox Populi IVAward: Spambuster IIIAward: Most Helpful Hotel Reviewer (Past Winner)
Explorer
Posts: 4394

Re: TravBuddy Meetups - Who, When & Where? - Tell us yours...

Here's a link I came across in World-Tips called Meet-ups here on TravBuddy:

http://www.travbuddy.com/Meet-ups-v309663

Some members have listed their meetups (when/where) in a review form with photos. Good idea, so thought I'd share here! To do the same:

go to Write a Review
choose General Tips & Advice
type Meet-ups in the query
TravBuddy will find a match
click on Review this

I just made a review myself like this, with my meetups - http://www.travbuddy.com/Meet-ups-v309663#298424

 

#57 1-3-2016 1:20 AM

hayley_phoon
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IAward: Critic IIAward: Writer IAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: Bedbug IIAward: Vox Populi IIAward: Spambuster IAward: Most Helpful Hotel Reviewer (Past Winner)
Wanderer
Posts: 432

Re: TravBuddy Meetups - Who, When & Where? - Tell us yours...

TravChef wrote:

I have met several TBers, the lastest one is Sandy Goldensand, which I will write up summary later as I am not very organise at the moment..but here is my blog, either in a big group called Huge Meet-up, a group call TB Meet-up, A Mini Meet-up or a Tete-a-tete (one to one) Meet-up.

http://www.travbuddy.com/travel-blogs/95471/

Cannot open " Sorry, this trip is private"

 

#58 2-11-2016 5:36 PM

trippin_jen
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IIIAward: Critic IIIAward: Writer IIAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: Bedbug IIAward: Vox Populi IVAward: Spambuster IAward: Most Helpful Hotel Reviewer (Past Winner)
Explorer
Posts: 1073

Re: TravBuddy Meetups - Who, When & Where? - Tell us yours...

 

#59 2-12-2016 1:30 AM

nolan
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IIAward: Critic IIIAward: Writer IIAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: AmbassadorAward: TravelpedianAward: Bedbug IIAward: Vox Populi IVAward: Spambuster IIAward: Most Helpful Hotel Reviewer (Past Winner)
Explorer
Posts: 3768

Re: TravBuddy Meetups - Who, When & Where? - Tell us yours...

Time to update my list again as I have come from amazing meetups in Kuala Lumpur and Goa.

Next big meetup is the one I'm organizing in the Philippines from April 1-8. Those who are interested are welcome to join..

 

#60 2-29-2016 2:45 AM

Caliber-A
Armand
Malaysia
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IIIAward: Critic IIIAward: Writer IIAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: AmbassadorAward: TravelpedianAward: Bedbug IIAward: Vox Populi IIIAward: Spambuster IAward: Most Helpful Hotel Reviewer (Past Winner)
Nomad
Posts: 518

Re: TravBuddy Meetups - Who, When & Where? - Tell us yours...

so, here i go with my list:

meet up with john pro (gianis) in athens:
      http://www.travbuddy.com/travel-blogs/104565/

meet up with cotton_foam (may) and rheagirl (rhea) in makati:
      http://www.travbuddy.com/travel-blogs/1 … -Meet-Up-2

meet up with nolan (nolan) and docime30 (ime) and others in tagaytay:
      http://www.travbuddy.com/travel-blogs/1 … Tagaytay-3

meet up with marix_sublime (maricar) et al in shangri-la plaza:
      http://www.travbuddy.com/travel-blogs/1 … angri-La-4

meet up with malaysia tb's in kuala lumpur:
      http://www.travbuddy.com/travel-blogs/1 … a-Lumpur-5

Last edited by Caliber-A (2-29-2016 5:25 AM)

 

#61 3-30-2016 11:49 PM

spocklogic
Brian
Poquoson, Virginia
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IVAward: Critic IVAward: Writer IIIAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: AmbassadorAward: TravelpedianAward: Bedbug IIIAward: Vox Populi IVAward: Spambuster IIIAward: Most Helpful Hotel Reviewer (Past Winner)
Explorer
Posts: 4394

Re: TravBuddy Meetups - Who, When & Where? - Tell us yours...

My latest TB meetup with Bernard (bernard69) on March 2, 2016 in Lyon, France. Relevant blog entries can be found in my Lyonescence Part Deux blog:

Bernard (Bernard69)
3rd Meeting Day & TB Meetup

 

#62 4-5-2016 7:27 PM

hanleyscot
Scot
Harpers Ferry, West Virginia
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IIAward: Critic IIAward: Writer IAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: Bedbug IAward: Vox Populi IAward: Spambuster IAward: Most Helpful Hotel Reviewer (Past Winner)
Tourist
Posts: 114

Re: TravBuddy Meetups - Who, When & Where? - Tell us yours...

halilee wrote:

spocklogic wrote:

halilee wrote:

Have had many many many small group meet ups already, but for the big ones that were at least 10+ people:

Post some links to blog entries of those meetups, Hali, if you would like to. I try to encourage that here so people don't have to go hunting for them. Most people will probably have a look if links are give, but only some will take the time to go searching, especially if there are a lot of blogs to look through. I, and some other members, have a special blog with entries related just to meetups. This is convenient for having them all in one place and easy to refer to.

I've been tardy and don't even have my England and Ireland photos/blog even up yet, but when I get home in 2 weeks I'll put up some links, and new blogs with pics, including Lisbon meetup 😊

Hali - How's that working out for you? I'm still on week two of that trip...a year later. haha!

Great thread. I've only been to one so far...the April 2015 meet up in London. I'd say it was epic but I can't even remember how I got back to the hostel that night let alone how the meet up went. Of what I do remember, though, I had a blast and met some truly amazing people that I will consider my friends for the rest of my life. I have been absent on TB a lot since then but I have kept up with many of them on FB since then.

Hopefully I will be able to add more to the list over the upcoming years!

 

#63 4-12-2016 2:53 PM

nolan
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IIAward: Critic IIIAward: Writer IIAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: AmbassadorAward: TravelpedianAward: Bedbug IIAward: Vox Populi IVAward: Spambuster IIAward: Most Helpful Hotel Reviewer (Past Winner)
Explorer
Posts: 3768

Re: TravBuddy Meetups - Who, When & Where? - Tell us yours...

spocklogic wrote:

Good feedback on meetups here recently. Remember, links you may have in reference to meetups (blogs or such) are welcome, and will make such entries more accessible for TBer's to check out your meetups. It may take you a little time for you to dig them up, but saves everyone time to go searching for them. MORE LINKS...

Just encouraging those who are replying on this thread to heed Brian's request to post the LINKS to your meetups, assuming your privacy settings allow them to be viewed.

If you haven't done so, then now would be a good time to delve through those meetups and great times!

 

#64 7-4-2016 9:16 PM

spocklogic
Brian
Poquoson, Virginia
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IVAward: Critic IVAward: Writer IIIAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: AmbassadorAward: TravelpedianAward: Bedbug IIIAward: Vox Populi IVAward: Spambuster IIIAward: Most Helpful Hotel Reviewer (Past Winner)
Explorer
Posts: 4394

Re: TravBuddy Meetups - Who, When & Where? - Tell us yours...

nolan wrote:

spocklogic wrote:

Good feedback on meetups here recently. Remember, links you may have in reference to meetups (blogs or such) are welcome, and will make such entries more accessible for TBer's to check out your meetups. It may take you a little time for you to dig them up, but saves everyone time to go searching for them. MORE LINKS...

Just encouraging those who are replying on this thread to heed Brian's request to post the LINKS to your meetups, assuming your privacy settings allow them to be viewed.

If you haven't done so, then now would be a good time to delve through those meetups and great times!

Thanks, Nolan, for encouraging TB members to post their meetup experiences to share here...

 

#65 7-7-2016 2:25 PM

nolan
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IIAward: Critic IIIAward: Writer IIAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: AmbassadorAward: TravelpedianAward: Bedbug IIAward: Vox Populi IVAward: Spambuster IIAward: Most Helpful Hotel Reviewer (Past Winner)
Explorer
Posts: 3768

Re: TravBuddy Meetups - Who, When & Where? - Tell us yours...

spocklogic wrote:

nolan wrote:

spocklogic wrote:

Good feedback on meetups here recently. Remember, links you may have in reference to meetups (blogs or such) are welcome, and will make such entries more accessible for TBer's to check out your meetups. It may take you a little time for you to dig them up, but saves everyone time to go searching for them. MORE LINKS...

Just encouraging those who are replying on this thread to heed Brian's request to post the LINKS to your meetups, assuming your privacy settings allow them to be viewed.

If you haven't done so, then now would be a good time to delve through those meetups and great times!

Thanks, Nolan, for encouraging TB members to post their meetup experiences to share here...

You're welcome, Brian.

Compare TravBuddy to other websites like tripadvisor and you'll see why meet ups make the difference!

The only other site I can think that encourages more meetups than TravBuddy is couchsurfer.com (and similarly themed sites) but that's obvious because these are for people actively traveling and looking for a place to stay.

 

#66 10-2-2016 10:19 PM

nolan
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IIAward: Critic IIIAward: Writer IIAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: AmbassadorAward: TravelpedianAward: Bedbug IIAward: Vox Populi IVAward: Spambuster IIAward: Most Helpful Hotel Reviewer (Past Winner)
Explorer
Posts: 3768

Re: TravBuddy Meetups - Who, When & Where? - Tell us yours...

Some people should be filling this part by now as they just came from a very successful meetup in Warsaw!

 

#67 11-30-2016 12:45 AM

nolan
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IIAward: Critic IIIAward: Writer IIAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: AmbassadorAward: TravelpedianAward: Bedbug IIAward: Vox Populi IVAward: Spambuster IIAward: Most Helpful Hotel Reviewer (Past Winner)
Explorer
Posts: 3768

Re: TravBuddy Meetups - Who, When & Where? - Tell us yours...

Bumping this post.

 

#68 12-1-2016 11:24 AM

spocklogic
Brian
Poquoson, Virginia
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IVAward: Critic IVAward: Writer IIIAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: AmbassadorAward: TravelpedianAward: Bedbug IIIAward: Vox Populi IVAward: Spambuster IIIAward: Most Helpful Hotel Reviewer (Past Winner)
Explorer
Posts: 4394

Re: TravBuddy Meetups - Who, When & Where? - Tell us yours...

Thanks for the bump, Nolan. Here's a list of of blogs or blog entries that have collections of meetups. These are the ones I know of, but if others are known of then post here and I will add them to the list. Preferably these are not just lists, but contain links and/or photos. They are given in alphabetical order by username:

Africancrab (Harriet)
TravBuddy Meet-Ups I have attended

globetrottingmike (Mike)
Awesome Meetups

jenn79 (Jennifer)
TravBuddy Meetup Mania

nolan (Nolan)
Nolan’s Eleven Heaven Meetups
Nolan’s TravBuddy Meetups

Paulovic (Paul)
TB Meet-ups I have had

spocklogic (Brian)
Spocklogic’s TravBuddy Meetups

WalterC (Walter)
TravBuddy Meetups

X_drive (Roger)
Visits to our area by other members

I would encourage other TB members to make such a blog on their TB meetups. My meetup blog, for instance, contains short entries on each of my meetups, and included there are links to entries in other travel blogs (my own or meetup TB'ers). Have a look at my meetup blog to see what I did. This is a great way to organize your meetups in one place, especially if you have meetup entries scattered through many blogs. If you make one, then let me know and I will add it to the list.

Last edited by spocklogic (12-1-2016 11:26 AM)

 

#69 2-12-2017 5:56 AM

nolan
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IIAward: Critic IIIAward: Writer IIAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: AmbassadorAward: TravelpedianAward: Bedbug IIAward: Vox Populi IVAward: Spambuster IIAward: Most Helpful Hotel Reviewer (Past Winner)
Explorer
Posts: 3768

Re: TravBuddy Meetups - Who, When & Where? - Tell us yours...

May we request the VT members to post also their experiences? If it is a VT meetup in the past, just mention it as so ... I know you will be having meetups with ex VT now TB friends soon.

Last edited by nolan (2-12-2017 5:57 AM)

 

#70 4-29-2017 10:56 PM

spocklogic
Brian
Poquoson, Virginia
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IVAward: Critic IVAward: Writer IIIAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: AmbassadorAward: TravelpedianAward: Bedbug IIIAward: Vox Populi IVAward: Spambuster IIIAward: Most Helpful Hotel Reviewer (Past Winner)
Explorer
Posts: 4394

Re: TravBuddy Meetups - Who, When & Where? - Tell us yours...

Anything goes here, Nolan!

I had a meet-up with Ryan (bensonryan) earlier this year in February. He was relocating back to Japan, so we arranged a meet-up while he was in my area before he left. See links below:

Ryan (bensonryan)
TravBuddy Meetup in Hampton

 

#71 5-3-2017 1:18 AM

nolan
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IIAward: Critic IIIAward: Writer IIAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: AmbassadorAward: TravelpedianAward: Bedbug IIAward: Vox Populi IVAward: Spambuster IIAward: Most Helpful Hotel Reviewer (Past Winner)
Explorer
Posts: 3768

Re: TravBuddy Meetups - Who, When & Where? - Tell us yours...

Brian, wondering if you can validate some of my observations:

Meetup heydays were back in 2007-2010 when there were easily 30-50 people in one gathering. More so when Travelman727 would fly into a city and meet with the then-active TravBuddies.

Groups active in meetups this past 3 years are distinct to certain regions: London/UK (the annual gathering they have in June), NYE meetups courtesy of Christian (chokk), Dennis (travelbuddys) for Budapest 2018, Europe meetups usually in Holland (Keiko, etc.), Dubai meetups (which have not been as active in the past year), and the Asia meetups (usually c/o myself, Jon, Vanessa, Yanti, Jantima, etc. etc.). Lately we've seen some activity again in Japan courtesy of the meetup queen, Yasuyo. Also have to special mention Hali as wherever she goes, a meetup is bound to happen.

Regions easiest for having a meetup: Europe (the most), SEAsia (probably 2nd most these days)
Regions most challenging for a meetup: Africa and Australia

Now if there are reunion meetups (I am proposing a 10th anniversary event of the Los Angeles December 8, 2007 meetup), then that could be good.

 

#72 6-15-2017 9:11 PM

nolan
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IIAward: Critic IIIAward: Writer IIAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: AmbassadorAward: TravelpedianAward: Bedbug IIAward: Vox Populi IVAward: Spambuster IIAward: Most Helpful Hotel Reviewer (Past Winner)
Explorer
Posts: 3768

Re: TravBuddy Meetups - Who, When & Where? - Tell us yours...

Bumping this topic while awaiting Brian's reply to my last post. smile

 

#73 8-30-2017 7:14 PM

nolan
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IIAward: Critic IIIAward: Writer IIAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: AmbassadorAward: TravelpedianAward: Bedbug IIAward: Vox Populi IVAward: Spambuster IIAward: Most Helpful Hotel Reviewer (Past Winner)
Explorer
Posts: 3768

Re: TravBuddy Meetups - Who, When & Where? - Tell us yours...

Now that there is interest in the 10YEARSON series of meetups, perhaps some would like to share their list of meetups here.

 

Board footer

Powered by PunBB
© Copyright 2002–2008 PunBB