#51 11-5-2007 12:37 AM

BEVINN
BEVINN
Singapore
Couch Potato

Re: New Members: introduce yourselves! :)

hi this is bevinn

#52 11-5-2007 9:29 PM

David
David
Austin, Texas
Administrator
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IAward: Critic IAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: AmbassadorAward: Vox Populi IIIAward: Spambuster I
Nomad

Welcome everyone!

#53 11-5-2007 11:02 PM

luminescence
Maureen
Santa Cruz, California
Couch Potato

Hello!
    I'm Maureen and I'm from San Francisco. After 19 solid years of either schooling or working full time, I finally have some time AND money to travel!

This site if such a fantastic resource - I've already spent hours reading blogs and fantasizing about what future adventures await for me.

I'm hoping to do an extensive 4-6 month excursion throughout Southeast Asia, into India, Egypt and finally up into Europe. So if anyone has any good advice on where to go in those regions, being a solo traveler (especially a solo female traveler), or anything in general, feel free to message me!

#54 11-6-2007 12:12 AM

phiLLay
Phyllis
Los Angeles, California
Award: Photographer I
Couch Potato

Hello Travbuddies! 
My name is Phyllis from Los Angeles, California.
I'm so happy to be a new TravBuddy.   wink
My friends spend so much time talking about traveling that they never actually get around to the traveling part. 
I'm looking to change that.
My favorite Muse line:  "Don't waste your time or time will waste yooouuuuu!"

P.S.  I'm not digging my Couch Potato status either.   roll

#55 11-6-2007 12:46 PM

3872will
Gary
Chatham, England
Couch Potato

Hey, how is everybody? I have been a member of the site for a little while but have never dipped my toe into the forums yet......until now!!
I'm pretty much a tourist rather than adventurer and get so much enjoyment from reading about other people's travel and i'm now looking forward to talking with like minded people.
Although i've travelled around a fair bit a lot was pre-digital cameras and the like so there are only recent reviews etc on my profile.
Anyway keep up the great work. Fantastic site !!    wink

#56 11-6-2007 5:53 PM

bbmok
brenda
London, England
Couch Potato

Hi everyone!

I set up my account a while back but only just found the forums!  I'm Bee from London, England.  I am completely addicted to travelling would do it all the time if i could.  I try to get away as much as possible and take the road less travelled.  Did a round the world trip last year for 3 months and absolutely loved it, didn't want to come home!  Going away again for a month in January and cannot wait to get away! 

Fab site btw wink

#57 11-20-2007 1:30 PM

Raja_
Shane
Denver, Colorado
Award: Happy Happy HappyAward: Vox Populi II
Wanderer

Hello everyone!

Been on the site for a couple of months now but just now getting around to posting in this thread.

I love to come here and read everyone's travel blog. It helps me determine where I want to go next. Unfotunately, all of my friends are either settled down or can't "afford" to go traveling. Reading people's blogs help me realize that I don't really need anyone to go with.

Glad I found this site!

btw, my name is Shane.

#58 11-20-2007 1:32 PM

Johnb42
John
Aruba
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IAward: Writer IAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: Vox Populi I
Tourist

soloing is a blast anyways can always just take off and go where ya want but thne it's also nice to have someone along to share the COOL moments with

#59 11-20-2007 1:34 PM

Johnb42
John
Aruba
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IAward: Writer IAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: Vox Populi I
Tourist

LOL it's better to be a couch potato than mashed potato..........little humor for ya all!!! I know that was bad but was all i could think of at the moment !! Feel free to throw tomatoes or whatever at me big_smile

Last edited by Johnb42 (11-20-2007 1:35 PM)

#60 11-21-2007 7:57 PM

nathanphil
Nathan
Casablanca, Morocco
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IVAward: Writer IVAward: Happy Happy Happy
Couch Potato

Just joined--am in process of creating my profile... love the TravBuddy format.   

I wander all over the world playing my guitar at random locations.  Just went high tech a few months ago  and got me a camera so I can sort of document the whole experience.  Wish I'd thought of that 60 countries ago. 

I'd like to hear from people--hopefully that'll motivate me to get to work on my profile and travel blogs...

#61 11-21-2007 7:59 PM

nathanphil
Nathan
Casablanca, Morocco
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IVAward: Writer IVAward: Happy Happy Happy
Couch Potato

Hey!  how come I'm a "couch potato?!" &%@*$!   I've been to 65 countries!

#62 11-21-2007 9:09 PM

Johnb42
John
Aruba
Tourist

hahaha.........everyone starts out as a couch potato!!!

#63 11-27-2007 10:05 AM

veitastrond
Mari Ann
Sogndal, Norway
Couch Potato

Hey all:) Brand new here, joined today:D

#64 11-29-2007 6:08 PM

Olhado_
Chris
Couch Potato

Hi all,

I am Chris, 26 I actually forget how I found this site; but it was some Google search a few months ago, probably researching Toronto. This is just the first time I extended my searching beyond the travel forums.

I love to travel and I tell people that I want to see every square inch of this planet, so it should keep me busy for some time. wink Although I do not really know many people (until now) who like traveling the way I, which is light, economical, and full of adventure.

I hope this site will continue to ignite my passion for traveling, so I do not become stagnant because of the above.

#65 11-29-2007 8:42 PM

simplicity9999
Award: Happy Happy HappyAward: Ambassador
Sightseer

Greetings to all..
I've been a member of this site since June 2007 but have found this forum topic now so stopped by to say "hello" to all newcomers.
My name is Mari (short for Marissa).  You can call me by either names.  Currently living in state of Georgia.  This site is fantastic and you'll become addicted to it.  smile

Happy travels to you all..

#66 12-2-2007 5:27 PM

Hienh
Hien
Melbourne, Australia
Award: Happy Happy Happy
Couch Potato

Hi Everyone

Im new to this site! Am loving it, glad I found it.

Im from Melbourne, Australia. Finished my studies 2 years ago and been working since. About 6 months ago (and a girlfriend from uni ) decided we should go travelling, so we booked our tickets and will be off in Jan 2008.

#67 12-9-2007 8:57 AM

rakeshkumar16
RAKESH
Singapore
Couch Potato

Hi, Greetings from 'I dont know where I belong'

Live life of a nomad, explorer at heart, dream the world and try to be 'grounded'...

loving everything about this site...

lovely people !

#68 12-15-2007 12:12 PM

thisisaric
Couch Potato

Hi everyone.
I'm Aric, a 19 yr old college student from the southern california area. I'll be taking my first backpacking trip to europe these next few weeks and I'm interested in meeting a few people along the way. Feel free to hit me up if your in the Germany, Italy, England, France areas.

#69 12-15-2007 2:31 PM

chantel131
Wanda
Reston, Virginia
Couch Potato

Hey Everyone,

I'm Wanda and I just joined this site yesterday and have become addicted to it already!  I love to travel and am able to do so via my job as an independent training consultant. I've already visited Japan on my own and can't wait to return in October next year (so if anyone's interested in meeting there..send me a message). I enjoy meeting new faces and exploring new cultures...Looking forward to meeting you all!

#70 12-16-2007 5:17 AM

JoeriNL
Rotterdam, Netherlands
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IAward: Critic IAward: Writer IAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: TravelpedianAward: Vox Populi IIIAward: Spambuster I
Nomad

Hi, I'm Joeri and I joined TB a few days ago.
I live in Rotterdam, The Netherlands, and ofcourse I love to travel around. Well, if you wanna know more, let me know. wink

#71 12-16-2007 7:17 AM

harleyd
Award: Photographer IAward: Critic IAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: Travelpedian
Sightseer

hey all! just joined a few days ago and like everyone else i'm addicted to reading everyone's stories! i can't wait to make my own adventures soon!

#72 12-19-2007 10:24 AM

gamze87
gamze
Istanbul, Turkey
Couch Potato

Hi everyone !
I'm from Istanbul, love to travel but have almost no opportunity unfortunately and i'm studying English Literature in university. I love meeting new people and showing around my town. I'm so glad to find this site smile

#73 12-19-2007 2:40 PM

stunner2020
Perry
Stevenage, England
Couch Potato

Hey everyone, I'm Perry. I'm only 17 and thus haven't been able to travel to places I've truly dreamed of. Hopefully in the next few year I will be going to the Far East, but I haven't been able to work out where! Everywhere in Asia just looks amazing.

Thanks to this site I can meet some people with similar dream destinations and situations.

I'd be delighted to chat to anyone, just message me :-) .

#74 12-24-2007 8:32 AM

andy_yzf
Andy
Huddersfield, England
Couch Potato

Hi everyone,just set up site feel free to add me.We are going to sauze due in Italy on 5 jan skiing,will post report on our return.Have a great xmas

#75 12-25-2007 9:42 PM

fionaCHENGDU
Fiona
Chengdu, China
Couch Potato

HI, Everyone,
I am Fiona from Chengdu, China, the hometown of Panda. is there anyone would like to visit Chengdu or have been here before?
anyway, feel free to drop me a mail if you want any advice or help about Chengdu or China trip.

Board footer