#26 8-4-2007 5:54 PM

Eric
Eric
Honolulu, Hawaii
Administrator
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IAward: Critic IVAward: Writer IAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: AmbassadorAward: TravelpedianAward: Bedbug IIAward: Vox Populi IVAward: Spambuster IAward: Most Helpful Hotel Reviewer (Past Winner)
Explorer
Posts: 2196

Re: New Members: introduce yourselves! :)

Welcome! To form a new group click "My Profile" at the top, then "My Groups" then "Create a new group"

#27 8-11-2007 7:25 AM

swaynewilson
Steve
Riverside, Illinois

Hi Fellow Travelers!

My name is Steve and I was switched at birth by a band of wandering nomads from my crib in Fargo, North Dakota...at least that is how my mother explains my global wanderlust.  I have been a global traveler since I was 7 years old (my dad worked for US AID).  While American, I grew up in the middle-east (Iran) and was in East Pakistan when it became the independent nation of Bangladesh.  I also lived in Germany for 3 years as a young adult (in the late 70s-early 80s).

I am an avid SCUBA diver, sailer, and photographer.  To pay for my travel bug, I work as a Sr. Director of Global Web Communications for McDonald's Corp.  I am also a co-owner of a small internet business that makes high visibility personalized luggage tags (makes picking your bag out on the carousel much easier).  It is called YourBagTag.com

#28 8-12-2007 8:03 AM

tropicaldave
Dave
New Orleans, United States
Award: Happy Happy Happy
Posts: 9

Re: New Members: introduce yourselves! :)

New to this, so it will get better...I HOPE! Louisiana native, love to travel, especially to beaches. NASCAR is a terrific spectator trip. It is like a weeklong tailgate party.

#29 8-17-2007 9:13 AM

beccabetts
Rebecca
United Kingdom

Hi everyone,

My name is Rebecca & I'm from the UK.

I haven't travelled many places but I intend to travel a lot more when I qualify from university in 2009.

I have joined this website so I can find out where people would recommend travelling to and where people would tell me NOT to go.

Anyway, hopefully I'll get to speak to some of you soon.
Rebecca

#30 8-28-2007 10:51 AM

lionlady
Marja
Roden, Netherlands

Hi everyone

My name is marja and i'm from the Netherlands..holland so to say ;-)
I love to travel and hope to be able for many more trips.

This november going for a short trip to aruba, visiting a son who is stationed there...does anyone know a special thing about aruba? please let me know...where to go for the best snorkel spot  maybe....

great to meet you all....have a wonderful day

marja

#31 8-28-2007 5:02 PM

Apache_Rose_Peacock
Chicago, Illinois
Award: Vox Populi I
Posts: 197

Hey everyone,

I'm Carolyn, and am from Chicago. After circumnavigating the globe this past spring on Semester at Sea, I have become incredibly obsessed with seeing as many far away and exotic places as I can. Most of my friends are still in school and can't afford to go on any major trips, so I will most likely be coming here for travel buddies!

#32 9-2-2007 9:52 PM

LaceyTyre
Lacey
Alamo Heights, Texas
Award: Critic IAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: Travelpedian
Sightseer
Posts: 76

Re: New Members: introduce yourselves! :)

Hi y'all. I'm Lacey, originally from Ocean County, New Jersey but I spent some of my teen years in Tamaqua, Pennsylvania. I'm in the U.S. Air Force and I spent 2 years in Anchorage, Alaska and now I'm living in Burkburnett, Texas. I love to travel as much as I can, I've only made it outside the U.S. to Canada and Mexico. I hope to someday make it to South American or Europe. For right now I'm enjoying traveling around Texas and Oklahoma.

#33 9-5-2007 9:25 PM

FLoWerGrL_78
Danila
Malaysia
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IAward: Happy Happy Happy
Posts: 6

Hi all!

My name is Danila & I'm from Malaysia wink

I just joined TravBuddy today & even though I feel a wee bit lost here, I must say that I'm liking what I see so far! big_smile

Haven't traveled outside the country this year (just places in Malaysia) & I hope to save enough money so I can explore different cultures soooon hehe tongue

Anyways, glad to see other travel enthusiasts here!

"The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page" smile

#34 9-9-2007 7:45 PM

breath1724
e
Covington, Kentucky

Re: New Members: introduce yourselves! :)

hi everyone! totally loving this site! everyone seems so friendly and helpfull, not all snarky like on other sites!
cheers! :-D

#35 10-1-2007 7:37 PM

wsnyder98
Wes
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
Posts: 4

Re: New Members: introduce yourselves! :)

I'm Wesley, living in Ohio USA, I've traveled quite a bit, including around the world on Semester At Sea (I saw someone else here also, cool!).
    I'm about to finish University, then get married, then start Grad School, but my fiancee and I met on the Pacific, hung out in Vietnam and Burma and India, first date in Egypt, and it went on from there.  :-)

I love to travel and then hear about where I've been on TV and in the news, but not so much with Burma.  I love the country, but the current situation is sad.

Wes

#36 10-11-2007 3:33 AM

Johnb42
John
Aruba
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IAward: Writer IAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: Vox Populi I
Posts: 245

Re: New Members: introduce yourselves! :)

I just realized that I never quite introduced myself when i first joined so here it is.........better late than never........I'm a 42 year old retired US Army Veteran as of 2003 after spending 20 years in the Military,after retiring I pursued an interest in cooking and attained my CEC(certified Executive Chef) in 2005.I have worked all over the United States, cooking mostly within the National Park system.I'm now currently planning on hitting the road again and traveling the globe as a civilian.My starting point will be Ireland and then from there who knows....hope to meet up with other travbuddies in my travels as I go from country to country........continent to continent til then happy travels where ever you may go!!!

#37 10-11-2007 4:52 AM

the_bloodsucker
josh
Bangkok, Thailand
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IAward: Critic IAward: Writer IAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: AmbassadorAward: TravelpedianAward: Vox Populi III
Nomad
Posts: 692

Re: New Members: introduce yourselves! :)

hey everyone! josh here from manila, philippines. i am totally loving the site, and the people are incredible! i definitely found the friendliest here.  for those coming to manila, just send me a message should you need any assistance about your trip--- working for our flag carrier's sales div.
keep all the interesting travel stories, helpful tips and amazing pics coming!

#38 10-11-2007 7:26 AM

yadilitta
Yadi
Lima, Peru
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IVAward: Critic IVAward: Writer IVAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: AmbassadorAward: TravelpedianAward: Bedbug IIAward: Vox Populi II
Wanderer
Posts: 279

Re: New Members: introduce yourselves! :)

Hi! I just realized I didn't introduce myself either... Well, I'm a peruvian girl and live in Lima. I love to travel, know places and of course meet people. I like this site a lot. In fact it's becoming addictive... hahaha. You people are so friendly and it hasn't been even 1 month since I'm a member and have already met 3 travbuddies smile If you are planning coming to Peru, South America, etc. don't hesitate in let me know, so I'll be able to help you smile

#39 10-11-2007 8:50 AM

elyk79
Kyle
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Posts: 11

Re: New Members: introduce yourselves! :)

Hello fellow travelers!  I joined recently because I feel another trip coming on.  I'm still a little unfamiliar with the site but perhaps once I solidify a trip plan I'll start using this more frequently.  My rough plan right now:  February 2008, fly into Singapore or Indonesia and work my way north through peninsular Malaysia, Thailand, Cambodia, Laos and Vietnam.  Eventually it would be nice to end up in China, perhaps working my way north to Beijing for the summer Olympics in September!  Anyone planning on volunteering at the games?!

#40 10-11-2007 10:56 AM

Farore
Joyce
Oss, Netherlands
Award: Photographer IAward: Critic IAward: Writer IAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: Vox Populi I
Posts: 143

Re: New Members: introduce yourselves! :)

Hi everyone! I also joined pretty recently. I was looking for a place to share travelstories and learn more about places i want to visit smile
To introduce myself a little, I'm Joyce, and live in the Netherlands. I went to China in 2006, Tunesia in 2007 and i will be going to Thailand March 2008 big_smile I really like to travel and see new cultures and meet new people. I also like cooking, reading and swimming. I just love the sea wink. Unfortunately it's not close to where i live x)

So if anyone has any useful tips for Thailand, pleaseshare!big_smile

#41 10-11-2007 11:24 AM

CalgaryJay
Jason
Calgary, Canada
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IAward: Writer IAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: AmbassadorAward: Vox Populi I
Posts: 207

Hey Everyone!

I've been on here for a little bit but I thought I should introduce myself since I hadn't already done so.

My name is Jason and basically i'm looking to share travel experiences and to hopefully find some travel buddies for next Spring when I do my next major trip.

This Spring I spent 6 weeks backpacking Europe and had an amazing time and met sooo many awsome people! Can't wait for my next trip!

Other than travelling I like to play hockey(Yes I'm Canadian lol) and Golf and like meeting new people.

Hopefully I'll see some of you around!

Jason

#42 10-11-2007 1:10 PM

Jazbear
Jasmine
San Jose, California

HI!
I'm new here.  Just signed up, so don't know how this site really works.

Anyhow, i wanted to introduce myself and let people know that I'm here and say HI!

I've travelled extensively thru Europe (the backpacking tour).  And a few countries I know very well.... like Italy and Morocco.  So if you have any questions, don't hesitate.  Currently I am planning a trip to the Yucatan Peninsula to follow the Mayan Trail...

#43 10-11-2007 2:50 PM

paganmom
Katrina
Maricopa, Arizona
Award: Writer IAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: Vox Populi I
Posts: 124

Re: New Members: introduce yourselves! :)

Hi! I've been out here for a few weeks, so decided to introduce myself, check on other introductions and just settle into being a regular user of this site.

I am relatively new to international travel, but have had trips planned since I was in grade school. Now that my kids are grown and gone and it is just me, my dog and the cat, I have the opportunity to travel and I am taking full advantage of it! My dog is not happy with this change, but as long as he get Milk Bones, he can be bribed. Let's face it...my cat just doesn't care.

Much to the protestations of my family, I like to travel solo.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to reading other blogs to help me plan my trip schedule! This world is so large and there is so much to see, I want to make sure not to miss a thing!

Thank you to everyone who has made me feel so welcome already! I love this place!!!!

Last edited by paganmom (10-11-2007 2:53 PM)

#44 10-18-2007 3:25 PM

dahling
Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IIAward: Critic IIAward: Writer IAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: AmbassadorAward: Vox Populi IVAward: Spambuster II
Explorer
Posts: 4773

Hello everyone,
my name is Bettina and I am finally figuring out - somewhat - how to use all this and noticed this forum. I have travelled a little bit way back when, but just daytrips lately, if at all. But I do enjoy the sights around where I live and I volunteer tour guiding through Frankfurt. I enjoy reading all the blogs and seeing photos and everybody is so nice on here, I can't wait to go travelling again. Until then, I thought maybe I can contribute by writing reviews about this area, after all for some people on here, I do live in a foreign country, so maybe it will help. And as soon as I have my own camera, I will post more things also.

#45 10-21-2007 3:16 AM

beeflies
Bianca
Adelaide, Australia

Hey travbuddies!

I just joined so I don't really know much about this site but it seems like a fantastic way to find out about travelling, so great job creators! I'm Bianca and I live in Adelaide, Australia. Its a pretty quiet city so I guess that's why I love travelling so much. I lived in Alabama in the US for 5 years and it was the most wonderful time ive ever had! We travelled a lot when I lived there and got to meet so many amazing people. I'm currently trying to plan my gap year and there are so many places I would love to go! If anyone has any ideas about how to raise a lot of money fast lol please tell me! Anyway, I hope I get to talk to all of you about your fascinating travels! smile

#46 10-25-2007 11:10 AM

cfabiolac1
Cristina
Nashville, Tennessee

Re: New Members: introduce yourselves! :)

I love this site. i am glad that I found it.

#47 10-31-2007 10:20 AM

Lacey1979
London, England

Re: New Members: introduce yourselves! :)

Hi my name is Stephen and I'm from  London.

Been in my present job about 15 months and in that time I have visited soem amazing countries. My job involves me visting any European City where my company has business. I am due to visit Munich next week (5-9th Nov) and was looking for a travel buddy to share a beer/walk with in the evening time.

anyway I am having lots of fun on here and if anyone wants to know what London is like anw where they shoudl go while they are here, then do please feel free to ask

Be lucky now...

#48 11-1-2007 2:26 PM

menno032

Re: New Members: introduce yourselves! :)

Iam a newbie to the PC and just like to do all there is to do on it. I love to travel and read other people's blogs and look at the fotos and movie's. The places they have been to and where i will go allso, someday.
Iam born in Amsterdam/Holland but brought up in the Freeport/Bahamas and iam looking for my old friends from then, 60s-70s. Long time ago,hi-hihahaha.

lol

#49 11-1-2007 2:28 PM

menno032

Re: New Members: introduce yourselves! :)

couch potato, tnx very much.

#50 11-1-2007 5:31 PM

giri_ocean
Giri
Edinburgh, Scotland

Hi all,
Names Giri, Indian Born, Edinburgh settled, eccentric (slightly!), always travelling, either mentally or physically smile
Found this via HC club and am I glad bout it....
One thing though, its not letting me upload my profile pic (something about .jpg or stuff la that, whats that? sorry tecno challenged)
Cheers