#1 6-25-2007 4:32 PM

Administrator
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IAward: Critic IVAward: Writer IAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: AmbassadorAward: TravelpedianAward: Bedbug IIAward: Vox Populi IVAward: Spambuster IAward: Most Helpful Hotel Reviewer (Past Winner)
Posts: 2196

New Members: introduce yourselves! :)

Are you a new member and not quite sure where to begin or what TravBuddy is all about? Make a post here and introduce yourself to the community! smile

#2 6-27-2007 12:08 AM

Re: New Members: introduce yourselves! :)

Time travelers are welcome here too  wink

#3 6-27-2007 9:01 AM

ekthor
Ciudad Juarez, Mexico
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IAward: Critic IAward: Writer IAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: AmbassadorAward: TravelpedianAward: Vox Populi II
Wanderer
Posts: 274

Re: New Members: introduce yourselves! :)

I don't think he's lying. So how's Hendrix these days? wink

#4 6-28-2007 7:15 AM

B-Town
Burlington, Vermont
Award: Photographer IAward: Happy Happy Happy
Posts: 7

Re: New Members: introduce yourselves! :)

Great site.  But how do you A. add more photos?, B. get those little award things under your avatar and what do they mean?, and C. what's the whole "smiling" thing about?  Do you get an award for the most smiles or whatever?

#5 6-28-2007 8:35 AM

Kramerdude
Dan
Dayton, Ohio
Moderator
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IIAward: Critic IIAward: Writer IIAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: TravelpedianAward: Bedbug IAward: Vox Populi IVAward: Spambuster I
Posts: 1068

B-Town wrote:

Eric (B-Town), I'll take a stab at the questions:

A - Additional photos can be added when you create a Travel Blog or a Review.
B - The awards are to try to drive people to be active on the site.  If you go to the "TravBuddies" tab in the header, you should see a sub-section for Award Winners.  There are currently seven different "awards" that you can get and you can track the requriements and your progress by clicking on the various links on that page.
C - Just a way to express that you like a particular photo, journal entry, review, or just to generally spread some happiness (man that last bit sounds corny).  One of the awards in B is the Happy Happy Happy award that you can get for smiling a certain number of times (but not all in one day - as the requirement says, no spamming smiles).

Hope that helps and I look forward to seeing what other travel tales you might have to share with us on the the site.

#6 6-28-2007 11:55 AM

B-Town
Burlington, Vermont
Award: Photographer IAward: Happy Happy Happy
Posts: 7

Re: New Members: introduce yourselves! :)

Fair enough.  Thanks for the quick, informative response Kramer.

P.S. Ha, classic reply above Nathan!

#7 6-28-2007 4:11 PM

richch
Rich
London, England
Award: Happy Happy Happy
Posts: 44

Re: New Members: introduce yourselves! :)

Hello, bonjour, hola, ciao, zien dobry, hej, hei... you get the idea
I'm Richard.
I am new to this.

No idea what I am doing.

Hope everyone is good big_smile

#8 6-28-2007 4:14 PM

Amanda
Amanda
Phoenix, Arizona
Moderator
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IAward: Critic IIAward: Writer IAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: AmbassadorAward: Vox Populi III
Nomad
Posts: 897

Re: New Members: introduce yourselves! :)

Hey Rich, good to meet you!  Great to see you found the forums ok, if you need any help, let us know!  Can't wait to start seeing your blogs, pictures, reviews, or whatever you choose to add!  smile

#9 6-28-2007 10:28 PM

pinchora
julie
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IAward: Critic IIIAward: Writer IIAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: TravelpedianAward: Vox Populi III
Nomad
Posts: 512

Re: New Members: introduce yourselves! :)

hi my names Julie...I was just wondering around myspace and found this little space which is awesome, might I add!!!  I live in Pittsburgh and am figuring out on moving to Minneapolis for some change in scenery...mostly just going to a flatter area as both cities have all four seasons!!!  But I love to travel and the only times I have ever called off of work is because I'm stuck somewhere...read my blogs to see about that!!!  Happy posting guys!!  smile

#10 6-29-2007 2:26 PM

fourthship
Annielette
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

Re: New Members: introduce yourselves! :)

Only 9 replies?  Anyways, I'm sorta new. I haven't posted on the forums yet so I figured I'd start out here...

Call me Annie (I've also gotten "Amy" "Anne" "Let" etc). I'm a college student and often too financially exhausted to travel. Lol. poor me.

Anyways I hope to travel all the continents by the time I reach 30. I just got a camera so I can actually take pictures when I go places!

#11 7-2-2007 3:19 AM

maithanfear
Adrian
Dublin, Ireland
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IAward: Writer IAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: TravelpedianAward: Vox Populi IVAward: Spambuster I
Posts: 1315

Re: New Members: introduce yourselves! :)

I'm pretty new too. I was born and bred in Ireland and still live here albeit on the other side of the country than I grew up in. I like to try and get away once or twice a year, work and finances allowing.
If anyone needs any adivce on Ireland feel free to drop me a line and I'll do my best to be off assistance.

#12 7-10-2007 6:48 AM

vicki_kocovski
Vicki
Geelong, Australia
Award: Happy Happy Happy
Posts: 2

Re: New Members: introduce yourselves! :)

Hi all! I'm new here so sorry if I sound crap. My name's Vicki, I live in Geelong, Australia (bout 50 minutes from Melbourne for those playing at home...) and came back 6 months ago from a year away working and having the most amazing adventures!! Went to the most amazing places, Russia being one of them. Wow. I love to chat to all sorts of people from anywhere and everywhere so send me a message sometime! Am off to NZ in Jan for a few weeks. Considering a (groan) Contiki tour on the recommendation of some friends. If anyone's done the 15 day Grand Adventurer, would love to know your thoughts! Anyone who's done another tour, let me know about that! Everyone have an awesome day/night...hope to chat soon! smile

#13 7-12-2007 11:39 PM

Rojeanne
Rojeanne
Los Angeles, California
Posts: 2

Re: New Members: introduce yourselves! :)

Hi everyone, im Rojeanne .new to travelbuddy, soo glad i found it. hope to meet lots of you!

#14 7-13-2007 11:41 AM

tokoloshe75
Anthony
Pretoria, South Africa

Re: New Members: introduce yourselves! :)

Hi Great Site by the way!

Can anyone give me the low down on settling in? I've just gotten use to actually not speaking to people face to face - since the internet revolution - and can handle that now. A bit technologically challenged but trying to push through.

I've been to a couple of the places Eric has mentioned "as not reviewed" or some such malarky. I've travelled for a long time and memory can be murky. I'd like to dig it up but don't know how to start.

I guess this is where I say HI!

Any help would be grandly appreciated!

Thanks

#15 7-16-2007 2:06 PM

sukiyakihotsake
James
Saint Louis, Missouri
Posts: 8

Re: New Members: introduce yourselves! :)

Hello! I actually joined this site on a whim over a year ago but finally set up my account now that my travel plans have been set.  For the past couple days I've been reading blogs, profiles, and posting restaurant reviews that I had written for another website a while back. Hopefully they will help someone out.

Great site and good people.  It seems like everyone here is very nice compared to other websites where they just argue all the time.  It's always a pleasure to meet open minded people!

#16 7-17-2007 2:43 AM

shhharifah
Sharifah
Singapore, Singapore

Re: New Members: introduce yourselves! :)

Hey! I'm Sharifah and I just joined up, looks like a great site smile and wow I wish I were as well travelled as some of the people on here! However I'm stuck in my country for this year till my A Level's are over (4months to go!) which is realllly sad so I'm... travelling vicariously for now I suppose smile

#17 7-17-2007 10:28 AM

onlyone
Grace
Mississauga, Canada
Posts: 8

Re: New Members: introduce yourselves! :)

Hi my name is Grace and i joined this site about 2 weeks go i think. I havent been to that many places. Only parts of England, germany and parts of the us.
but i'm only 18 and i maed a list of places i would like to go to. Let me tell you, it aint a short list either:P

#18 7-17-2007 10:59 AM

tokoloshe75 wrote:

Hi Great Site by the way!

I guess this is where I say HI!

Any help would be grandly appreciated!

Thanks

Welcome to TravBuddy, Anthony! The best way to get started recording your travel experiences is to set up a travel blog. You can do that by clicking on "My Profile" at the top, then "My Blogs" -> "Create Travel Blog" Your travel blog is automatically organized by date and location, and you can share journal entries or photos in your blog.

For more info about travel blogs check these links:

travel blog overview
travel blog tutorial

Looks like you've been to some amazing places so looking forward to hearing about your experiences!

#19 7-19-2007 6:50 PM

tkletzker
Tom
Saint Louis, Missouri
Posts: 11

Hello,

I'm Tom, from St. Louis, MO basically in middle of the contiguous U.S. for those of you not familiar.  I just started my account a few days ago and it is a very addictive site and everyone is very nice and polite. I'm 26 and I travel when I get time off of school, summer sessions ending here in 2 weeks then I'm gone for two weeks then back to school.  Can't wait to get out of here for a bit.

#20 7-20-2007 1:59 PM

teg94ls
Chad
Baltimore, Maryland
Posts: 6

Re: New Members: introduce yourselves! :)

hello my name is chad, and i live in maryland.  i travel just about anywhere that my car can get me.  one day i may spread my wings a travel to ireland, iceland, germany, italy or something, just haven't had the time to plain a major trip like that smile

#21 7-21-2007 7:52 AM

aleksflower
Alessio
Bangkok, Thailand
Award: Photographer IAward: Critic IAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: AmbassadorAward: TravelpedianAward: Vox Populi I
Tourist
Posts: 113

Re: New Members: introduce yourselves! :)

Hi everybody and sorry everybody for the delay but i never entered in the forum before smile
I'm Alex from Torino, Italy (but for my details u can have a look on my profile), i'm here to socialize smile and coz i'm addicted to curiosity. This site just rocks!
I travel since i was a child first with my family then with friends and now also alone, as for work as for vacations. I work as pr in an italian company that produces special trucks 4x4 and i often go around sud east asia and east europe to search new partners in automotive products to light the production costs of my company.
It's a nice and quite job and the plus is that sometimes i've a lot of free time during my journeys coz of the working rhythms of the east. So i can spend it to seek and shot! Photography is (almost) my only interest and i've always with me my camera wherever i go smile
other i dunno what to say for the moment smile
nice to meet u everybody!

#22 7-23-2007 6:07 AM

daisie981
Nina
South Hamilton, Massachusetts

Hi everyone,
I'm new, so I'm not sure where to post this question, so I guess here will do.  Does anyone have recommendations on how to get a passport quick?  I'm leaving for France in 17 days and just realized my passport has gone missing.  Yikes!  I read someone's bad review of passportsandvisas.com...I was about to sign up for this service...any help would be much appreciated!

#23 7-29-2007 10:40 AM

lisak64
Lisa
Chicago, Illinois
Posts: 28

Hi everyone!

I'm from Chicago, love to travel and am somewhat of a Couch Potato.  I notice many members with a Couch Potato desgination.  I want that! lol

I am not as near well-traveled as many fellow members but I'm trying.  I'd be happy to assist anyone traveling to Chicago.  I also know a thing or two about Southern California and Miami.

I've become addicted to this site and it provides me with both joy and frustration.  There are so many awesome places to see in this world and not enough time to see them; at least if you're a corporate worker bee like myself.  argh  But visiting the site keeps me inspired to use every hour of paid time that I earn to go visit somewhere new.  There are couches all over the world and I intend to use them.

#24 8-1-2007 10:02 PM

tommyd1981
Thomas
Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 22

Re: New Members: introduce yourselves! :)

Hello TravBuddies!  My name is Tommy, I stumbled upon this site and would love to be an active member of the community.  I have used other travel sites before to meet like minded folks and travel partners, so here I am giving this a shot.  I just finished up some travels, and of course in the early planning stages of my next adventure, so I am open to suggestions!  I live in Massachusetts, about an hour outside of Boston, but if you find me here I feel as though I have failed myself, hehe.  When I am here, I always have a couch for people passing through, but beware if you use my couch I do have a tendency to drop whatever I am doing and finishing up your trip with you.  I guess that is all I have for now, I hope I can meet some of you soon....peace smile

#25 8-3-2007 12:18 PM

rotorhead85
Dan
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IIAward: Critic IIAward: Writer IVAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: AmbassadorAward: TravelpedianAward: Bedbug IAward: Vox Populi IAward: Spambuster IAward: Most Helpful Hotel Reviewer (Past Winner)
Tourist
Posts: 152

Re: New Members: introduce yourselves! :)

I've been on the site about a week now and just want to say thank you to all the helpful, friendly members out there. Your efforts are sincerely appreciated! I 'm grateful to the many life-long friendships that begin here. How can I form a new group ... for Klepper kayakers ... or find out if there are any out there?

Board footer