#26 4-20-2013 11:42 AM

Isabelle_G
Isabelle
French Polynesia
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IAward: Critic IAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: Bedbug IIAward: Vox Populi IIIAward: Spambuster IIIAward: Most Helpful Hotel Reviewer (Past Winner)
Nomad

Re: RIP Travbuddy Paul (wagslikeadog)

Sad to hear the news.
He had given me info on French Polynesia.

RIP

#27 4-20-2013 11:49 AM

jeminigirl
Allie
Merseyside, England
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IAward: Critic IIIAward: Writer IIAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: TravelpedianAward: Bedbug IAward: Vox Populi IIAward: Spambuster IIIAward: Most Helpful Hotel Reviewer (Past Winner)
Wanderer

So very sad sad x

#28 4-20-2013 12:45 PM

GeorgeLeach
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IIAward: Critic IIAward: Writer IAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: Bedbug IAward: Vox Populi IV
Explorer

Paulovic wrote:

I found ou, also myself that it takes a while before people notice someone is not participating anymore on the site. I found out in January.

To be fair, there's loads of reasons people stop participating. Some people just lose interest, doesn't always mean anything morbid.

Shame for the guy, didn't know him but its always regrettable when someone so young dies, especially as there's so much more he wanted to do.

#29 4-20-2013 2:17 PM

Paulovic
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IVAward: Critic IIAward: Writer IIIAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: TravelpedianAward: Bedbug IIAward: Vox Populi VAward: Spambuster IIAward: Most Helpful Hotel Reviewer (Past Winner)
Globetrotter

GeorgeLeach wrote:

Paulovic wrote:

I found ou, also myself that it takes a while before people notice someone is not participating anymore on the site. I found out in January.

To be fair, there's loads of reasons people stop participating. Some people just lose interest, doesn't always mean anything morbid.

Oh true! I agree on that. Wasn't meaning not participating, thus dead. I see some people just once every few months active. And when I see them again I think "oh yeah they were here too! Almost forgot about them. And sometimes I think about them and send a message. Often I get one back weeks later or so.

#30 4-20-2013 3:13 PM

Vipin
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer VAward: Critic IVAward: Writer IVAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: AmbassadorAward: TravelpedianAward: Bedbug IIIAward: Vox Populi IVAward: Spambuster IIIAward: Most Helpful Hotel Reviewer (Past Winner)
Explorer

Very sad news to hear, even more so in online communities where it isn't always possible to know the whereabouts of someone. I remember being in touch with him a few times.

I hope that his profile, including his reviews and blogs, get more attention. It would be a lovely thing if one of his blogs/reviews got featured. I also like Rover57's suggestion about looking at Paul's dream destinations and honouring him if you were going to that place.

RIP Paul.

#31 4-20-2013 7:35 PM

jendara
Jose
La Paz, Bolivia
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IIAward: Critic IIAward: Writer IAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: AmbassadorAward: TravelpedianAward: Bedbug IIAward: Vox Populi IVAward: Spambuster IIIAward: Most Helpful Hotel Reviewer (Past Winner)
Explorer

A sad loss for our group.

RIP Paul:(

#32 4-21-2013 11:12 PM

TravellinChic
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IIAward: Critic IIIAward: Writer IAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: AmbassadorAward: TravelpedianAward: Bedbug IIAward: Vox Populi IAward: Spambuster IAward: Most Helpful Hotel Reviewer (Past Winner)
Tourist

I haven't met Paul in person but I was one of those who greeted him when he signed in as a new TB member.  From that, we have started some exchange of conversations. 

Based on our online acquaintance, Paul seem really nice person and fun company.  He was a musician and I was very honoured to receive from him a copy of his released CD.  That was very kind of him.

He was persuasive guy and made me repost a picture I pulled out from my profile pics bec of lack of space.  He nudge me every few times and I finally obliged dedicating it to his demands.  It was a fun memory.

We share the same penchant for cottages on stilts and I will remember him when I stay in one again in the future. 

We havent corresponded for sometime...he is busy with his job and I became busy too. 

I feel very very sad that he passed away.  Part of me wish it is just wrong information.  I was hoping to meet him someday and now it will never happen.

You will be missed, Paul.

#33 4-22-2013 12:16 AM

dieforu
mehmet
Fredrikstad, Norway
Award: Photographer IAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: Vox Populi IAward: Spambuster I
Tourist

so sad for TB familly..RIP

#34 4-22-2013 8:08 AM

marix_sublime
Maricar
Lagos, Nigeria
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IAward: Critic IAward: Writer IAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: AmbassadorAward: TravelpedianAward: Bedbug IAward: Vox Populi IVAward: Spambuster IAward: Most Helpful Hotel Reviewer (Past Winner)
Explorer

RIP Paul.

#35 4-22-2013 9:37 AM

ccjbeachbum
cj
Miami Beach, Florida
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IIAward: Critic IIIAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: Bedbug IIIAward: Vox Populi VAward: Spambuster IIIAward: Most Helpful Hotel Reviewer (Past Winner)
Globetrotter

RIP paul

#36 4-22-2013 9:38 AM

ccjbeachbum
cj
Miami Beach, Florida
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IIAward: Critic IIIAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: Bedbug IIIAward: Vox Populi VAward: Spambuster IIIAward: Most Helpful Hotel Reviewer (Past Winner)
Globetrotter

Vipin wrote:

Very sad news to hear, even more so in online communities where it isn't always possible to know the whereabouts of someone. I remember being in touch with him a few times.

I hope that his profile, including his reviews and blogs, get more attention. It would be a lovely thing if one of his blogs/reviews got featured. I also like Rover57's suggestion about looking at Paul's dream destinations and honouring him if you were going to that place.

RIP Paul.

i think thats a great idea -ty rover57

#37 4-22-2013 9:18 PM

yasuyo
Yasuyo
Osaka, Japan
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IVAward: Critic IIIAward: Writer IIAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: AmbassadorAward: TravelpedianAward: Bedbug IIAward: Vox Populi IIAward: Spambuster IIAward: Most Helpful Hotel Reviewer (Past Winner)
Wanderer

You're a great traveler,Paul! R.I.P

#38 4-23-2013 9:26 PM

trippin_jen
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IIIAward: Critic IIIAward: Writer IIAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: Bedbug IIAward: Vox Populi IVAward: Spambuster IAward: Most Helpful Hotel Reviewer (Past Winner)
Explorer

monky wrote:

The last comment I got from Paul was wishing me a Happy Birthday and then it was exactly the next day when he died but it until yesterday I was told he had passed away and even though I never met him in real I crossed some comments with him along time and he had the dream to visit my country this early year is very sad to hear about his lost so rest in peace wagslikeadog all my condolences to your dear ones  Paul! xxx

That's sad to hear!

Yes, sometimes you do notice someone is no longer active but there's just no way to contact. Who found out about this anyway?

RIP Paul!

#39 4-24-2013 2:07 AM

mosted
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IAward: Critic IAward: Writer IAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: AmbassadorAward: Bedbug IAward: Vox Populi IVAward: Spambuster IIAward: Most Helpful Hotel Reviewer (Past Winner)
Explorer

RIP :-(

#40 4-24-2013 10:00 AM

bashmentbabe
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IIAward: Critic IIAward: Writer IIAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: AmbassadorAward: TravelpedianAward: Bedbug IIAward: Vox Populi IAward: Spambuster IAward: Most Helpful Hotel Reviewer (Past Winner)
Tourist

Very sad news, RIP Paul.

#41 4-24-2013 11:35 AM

matthewlaraway
Matthew
Manchester, England
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IIAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: AmbassadorAward: Vox Populi II
Wanderer

R.I.P in peace sad

#42 4-24-2013 11:37 AM

Nayloo
Naila
Jakarta, Indonesia
Award: Photographer IAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: Travelpedian
Couch Potato

Rest In Peace, Paul! :')

#43 4-25-2013 6:10 AM

yuness
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IIIAward: Critic IVAward: Writer IIAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: AmbassadorAward: TravelpedianAward: Bedbug IIIAward: Vox Populi IIAward: Spambuster IIIAward: Most Helpful Hotel Reviewer (Past Winner)
Wanderer

RIP Paul.

#44 4-26-2013 1:47 AM

Charbelto
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IIAward: Critic IAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: AmbassadorAward: Bedbug IAward: Vox Populi IIAward: Most Helpful Hotel Reviewer (Past Winner)
Wanderer

RIP sad

#45 5-4-2013 5:51 PM

yjc513
Yolanda (Yolie)
Bronx, New York
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IAward: Writer IAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: Vox Populi III
Nomad

May Paul rest in peace!! How true that sometimes we don't see travbuddies on for a awhile and wonder what has happened? The last thing you think is that they have passed away..:-(
I love this community and it does hurt when someone has passed on!!

#46 5-4-2013 8:13 PM

alicegourmet
Alice
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: Vox Populi II
Wanderer

R.I.P. Paul! Deepest condolences to his family!

#47 5-19-2013 7:01 PM

Skylier
Kyle
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Award: Happy Happy Happy
Couch Potato

R.I.P

#48 5-23-2013 3:56 AM

Haydenerg
Astrid
World
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IIAward: Critic IAward: Writer IAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: AmbassadorAward: TravelpedianAward: Bedbug IAward: Vox Populi IIAward: Spambuster IAward: Most Helpful Hotel Reviewer (Past Winner)
Wanderer

My deepest condolonce :-(, RIP

#49 5-29-2013 12:10 PM

kkrater
Kyle
San Francisco, California
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IAward: Critic IAward: Writer IAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: AmbassadorAward: TravelpedianAward: Bedbug IAward: Vox Populi IAward: Spambuster IAward: Most Helpful Hotel Reviewer (Past Winner)
Tourist

RIP Paul. We'll all miss you. Love always from the TB community. I hope you can continue your travels in another life.

#50 6-2-2013 12:39 PM

Johnpro
Giannis
Athens, Greece
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer VAward: Critic IVAward: Writer IAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: AmbassadorAward: TravelpedianAward: Bedbug IIAward: Vox Populi IIAward: Spambuster IIAward: Most Helpful Hotel Reviewer (Past Winner)
Wanderer

R.I.P. ...

I will try to travel his soul in the August 2013 at Zanzibar, Tanzania ! It was in his travel plans !!!
He was a TB friend of me ...

This post has had no activity for 90 days and has been closed to new replies.

Board footer