#1 12-6-2012 6:15 AM

Couch Potato
Posts: 13

What budget for Nepal

Hi Travel buddies!
I am visitting Nepal for ten days after Christmas.
How much money ( in USD) should I budget for ten days? I already booked an itinerery with accommodation , transport, so I only need spending money.
Thanks!

#2 12-6-2012 7:34 AM

gingerbatik
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IIAward: Critic IVAward: Writer IAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: TravelpedianAward: Bedbug IIIAward: Vox Populi IVAward: Spambuster IAward: Most Helpful Hotel Reviewer (Past Winner)
Explorer
Posts: 1097

Re: What budget for Nepal

depend how much do you want to spend on meals. There are  plenty of cheap restaurants in Kathmandu and other cities, however beware that it  might make your tummy ache.
When I was there, I did tried this kind of restaurant, but my tummy doesn't like it and I have to eat at the mid to upper restaurants which cost around usd10-20 per meal without drink.

#3 12-6-2012 11:58 AM

Holeydel
Southampton, England
Award: Photographer IAward: Writer IIAward: Vox Populi III
Nomad
Posts: 811

Re: What budget for Nepal

Of the 40 or so countries I've travelled to, Nepal is by far and away the cheapest. In three months I spent $900. This inc a trip to Everest and staying in guesthouses throughout my stay, so if you're worried about your cash flow, worry no more dude.

#4 12-6-2012 3:44 PM

kvom
Kirk
Cumming, Georgia
Award: Writer IAward: Vox Populi IV
Explorer
Posts: 2152

Re: What budget for Nepal

You can eat very well in KTM for $25/day, and can spend a lot more or quite a bit less too, esp. if you like to drink.  Pokhara is similar, but elsewhere it's likely cheaper on average.  If you like dal bhat you can eat super cheap everywhere.

The World Heritage sites all have admission fees for tourists that can add a lot to the daily cost.

#5 12-10-2012 6:11 AM

Ashish79
Kathmandu, Nepal
Couch Potato
Posts: 5

Re: What budget for Nepal

Actually, for about $12, you can lunch at any 5 start hotels in Kathmandu. This will be a fixed-price menu.

This post has had no activity for 90 days and has been closed to new replies.

Board footer