#51 4-21-2008 12:29 AM

dahling
Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IIAward: Critic IIAward: Writer IAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: AmbassadorAward: Vox Populi IVAward: Spambuster II
Posts: 4773

Adrian_Liston wrote:

bostonjoe wrote:

Why do people outside the USA judge all of us by what are government does?  if they knew most of us personaly I think their views of us as people would change. We are not all the same....

Hmm? I would guess that few non-Americans make that mistake. Most of us criticise the US government, and since it is a democracy we are not terribly happy with the majority of Americans who vote in said government, but we would not assume that the government has 100% support. I moved over to Seattle for exactly that reason, I know that in Seattle most Americans are reasonable, liberal and well-educated, and do not vote for regressive domestic and foreign policy. There will be a few non-Americans who have a blanket dislike for all Americans, but I'd say they are in a minority. Would you be prepared to say the same for Americans who have a blanket dislike for, for example, Iranians? I'm guessing that a survey across the country would find that a majority of Americans would not discriminate between the Iranian government and the Iranian people, although certainly an open-minded minority would.

Very well said smile

I also do not think that we judge by the government, but by the people we meet of the country. So, I am saying if one would meet 5 martians one does not like,  one would probably assume one dislikes all martians, but if one would meet only 2 he thought was great, he would assume all of them are great.  People stick with what they know.  This is why you have so many "districts" in large cities i.e. Little Italy, Chinatown etc...   It's human nature not to think too much wink

#52 4-21-2008 12:38 AM

mccreai
Ian
Espoo, Finland
Posts: 23

Re: what's on your mind right now?

GOING HOME TOMORROW!!! I dont really want to as i really enjoy the travelling and meeting new people too much but someones gotta work!! OH well Ill be back on the road sometime again im sure!!

#53 4-21-2008 10:46 AM

mama_africa
Posts: 148

~What To Wear To My Upcoming Event This week!! hmm *Think *Think*Think*

#54 4-21-2008 10:57 AM

catalina
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: AmbassadorAward: Vox Populi II
Posts: 490

Re: what's on your mind right now?

How to fit 3 parties, 2 dates, a meeting and a trip on a single week! and they can´t be mix together

#55 4-21-2008 10:58 AM

catalina
Posts: 490

Re: what's on your mind right now?

ah.. and i´m so happy ´cause my braces will be finally removed very soon! after 2 years and a half smile yupie!!

#56 4-21-2008 12:17 PM

liekevo
Lieke
Eindhoven, Netherlands
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IIAward: Critic IAward: Writer IAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: AmbassadorAward: TravelpedianAward: Bedbug IAward: Vox Populi IIAward: Spambuster I
Posts: 284

Re: what's on your mind right now?

Why can't I be less shy when I meet people and tell them what's on my mind sad

#57 4-22-2008 8:36 AM

LovelyTena
Sightseer
Posts: 84

Re: what's on your mind right now?

I'm thinking of moving to an island somewhere in S. Pacific....

#58 4-22-2008 8:58 AM

arttxturtle
Award: Happy Happy HappyAward: Vox Populi I
Posts: 170

Re: what's on your mind right now?

My mind is always full of thoughts...jumbled up in my head.  Currently, I'm trying to figure out a way to fit so many things in so few hours.  And how excited I am to leave Thursday for New Orleans, hanging out with my girls, going to Jazz Fest, and attending my very first TB meet-up.... and figuring out if I will be completely broke when I return tongue

#59 4-23-2008 3:20 AM

yheleen
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IIAward: Critic IIAward: Writer IIAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: AmbassadorAward: TravelpedianAward: Bedbug IIAward: Vox Populi IIIAward: Most Helpful Hotel Reviewer (Past Winner)

Re: what's on your mind right now?

am thinking, wOw, another day has passed - one wonderful day of learning and fun and laughter smile Praise God! Hmm... I'd love to do some singing with friends tonight. Looking forward to singing my heart out, haha lol

#60 4-23-2008 3:37 AM

Chesterfield, England
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IAward: Critic IAward: Writer IAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: TravelpedianAward: Vox Populi IV

LovelyTena wrote:

I'm thinking of moving to an island somewhere in S. Pacific....

Awesome, thats my contingency plan too in case of...erm, anything big_smile

#61 4-23-2008 4:37 AM

dlacksheep
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IAward: Critic IAward: Writer IAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: Bedbug IAward: Vox Populi IVAward: Spambuster I
Posts: 1364

Re: what's on your mind right now?

It's way too quiet in here, I can even hear my wristwatch ticking!

Thinking I need some tiramisu latte, it's 3.38pm and I'm feeling so friggin lethargic hmm

#62 4-23-2008 5:09 AM

lil_chef87
Kristen
Chicago, Illinois
Posts: 15

Re: what's on your mind right now?

What's on my mind right now.  A host of things, I am here in Europe for 3 months... and I have a bout a month or so under my belt.  I am 20 yrs old, and American so I can go to the bars here.  If there is any such thing is having too much fun I have had it.  I never realized it would be so easy to forget home, and the one person  I love more than anything.  I would not say I forgot him, but being on a "break" from him has put me in a difficult position.  I don't know what I am doing here or how I will feel when I get back home. I know that I am not the only person that has ever been in this situation, its happened to many.

Also at a time such as this I have found myself homeless, our house caught fire last thursday, and we might not be able to go back and to find something quickly we might have to get rid of our dogs and since I am in Europe.. I might never get to see them again.  sad  It is heartbreaking for me.  The fire was caused by our idiot housemate... who was smoking outside, did not put his cigarette out all the way and  threw it into a container that we used to paint the house... it caught the whole front of the house on fire and the entire house almost went up in flames.  He was still sitting in the house and had no idea what is going on, he is a freaking moron.
But..
"In any situation that calls for throwing rocks there is never a big enough rock around to adequately inflict the catastrophic level of damage desired upon the instigating entity.I hope you end up atop a hill with a boulder."

#63 4-23-2008 5:36 AM

Raja_
Shane
Denver, Colorado
Award: Happy Happy HappyAward: Vox Populi II
Posts: 317

What's on my mind?

I need to get out of this city. I need something new.

sad

#64 4-23-2008 6:12 AM

lil_chef87
Kristen
Chicago, Illinois
Posts: 15

Re: what's on your mind right now?

Yeah it is strange... Hopefully all will be well when I get home!

#65 4-23-2008 7:37 AM

dutch_duke
Dutch
Gouda, Netherlands
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: AmbassadorAward: TravelpedianAward: Vox Populi III
Posts: 642

uhhh huhuhuh think?

I am cornholio!

#66 4-23-2008 9:38 AM

lil_chef87 wrote:

But..

so sorry to hear about your home and your dogs Kristen - but am sure, things will be okay soonest. smile

#67 4-24-2008 1:28 AM

mandylynne
Mandy
Nashville, Tennessee
Posts: 28

Re: what's on your mind right now?

why do i still even "experiment" with drugs. i just keep going back to pot. so from now on out...... im gonna be drug free. But pots not a drug, so i will continue being a pot head.

Amen

and

#68 4-24-2008 1:53 AM

Re: what's on your mind right now?

Why am i the worst person IN THE WORLD at saving up? Where will i be in 5 years...1 year...3 months? What IS the crack? Work sucks. How did Ronaldo miss that penalty last night? Please god let me be able to get tickets for Rock Werchter in July. Cups of tea are awesome. Wish i was in India with Bondy. Dusseldorf meetup was just grand. Stupid car. Shall I go out Friday night? Roll on May 30th. Radio 1 is RUBBISH! This thread is quite funny. Why is the weather shit all the time? Shall i grow my hair again, or should i shave it? Looking forward to moving into Craigo's house - paratime! Wonder when work will realise i do absolutely no work and rig my KPI's every week? Gotta do more on my blog, such a lazy ass. Will Man Utd win the league this Saturday? Going to have to buy some new converse soon, getting holes in these ones. Does looking back at travel photos make me happy, or sad? Why the hell am i writing all this rubbish!? tongue tongue tongue

#69 4-24-2008 2:01 AM

mandylynne
Mandy
Nashville, Tennessee
Posts: 28

Re: what's on your mind right now?

i wish i had some orange juice (with pulp of course)

#70 4-24-2008 2:06 AM

mandylynne wrote:

i wish i had some orange juice (with pulp of course)

xo

Has to be with pulp...Or 'bits' as we say in England, hahaha!

#71 4-24-2008 7:30 AM

Warsaw, Poland
Award: Happy Happy HappyAward: AmbassadorAward: Vox Populi I
Posts: 109

Re: what's on your mind right now?

Wondering how much fun will this summer be and how fast after my university will I be able to emigrate to Australia smile

#73 4-24-2008 8:49 AM

i love TB - very effective for stress management smile

#74 4-24-2008 10:32 AM

gotta sleep - wOw, it's Friday already - great! smile smile smile

#75 4-24-2008 10:45 AM

Marc79
Marc
Utrecht, Netherlands
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IAward: Writer IAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: Vox Populi IV
Posts: 2196

Re: what's on your mind right now?

Have to start packing soon for my trip to Scotland tomorrow! Yay!

Board footer