#26 4-19-2008 4:00 PM

Posts: 132

#27 4-19-2008 5:30 PM

nanipu
Honolulu, Hawaii
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IIAward: Writer IAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: Vox Populi I
Posts: 120

Re: what's on your mind right now?

I should be reading, writing papers, and reading but I have senioritis and I'm on TravBuddy instead. tongue

#28 4-19-2008 5:38 PM

Marc79
Marc
Utrecht, Netherlands
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IAward: Writer IAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: Vox Populi IV
Explorer
Posts: 2196

Re: what's on your mind right now?

Looking forward to going to the Dutch football match tomorrow. The last one of the regular season!

#29 4-19-2008 6:02 PM

mama_africa
Posts: 148

Re: what's on your mind right now?

~I Should REally Go To Bed,drag Myself Off To Bed More Like,Its 2:02 am Already yikes

#30 4-19-2008 6:22 PM

CFD
Christian
World
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IAward: Critic IIIAward: Writer IIAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: TravelpedianAward: Vox Populi IV
Explorer
Posts: 1662

Re: what's on your mind right now?

Use the Random thoughts thread!!! Im druni so only a short answer this time

#31 4-19-2008 6:45 PM

aswold
Munay Tika
Charleston, West Virginia
Award: Photographer IAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: Vox Populi I
Posts: 101

Re: what's on your mind right now?

I'm thinking about how much fun I'm going to have at The Grand Canyon. Also, I can't wait to meet up with Amanda(Phx) on Friday & Saturday!

#32 4-19-2008 6:48 PM

aswold
Munay Tika
Charleston, West Virginia
Award: Photographer IAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: Vox Populi I
Posts: 101

Re: what's on your mind right now?

Why do people wait until I'm packing to go before cornering and ask me for my professional opinion??? It happens at work and it happens during my personal time, too!

#33 4-19-2008 7:03 PM

johnyb66
john
Stavanger, Norway
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IAward: Writer IAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: AmbassadorAward: Vox Populi I
Posts: 239

apoloz wrote:

im trying to figure out what i want to do with the rest of my life... without having to grow up!!!

dont grow up. its overated:)

#34 4-20-2008 3:32 AM

Singapore
Couch Potato
Posts: 40

Re: what's on your mind right now?

i'm wondering which guy thinks he can score a date from facebook by just "poking u". not even a message saying "hi your pofile looks interesting..."
catalina, u are lucky!

#36 4-20-2008 9:05 AM

yheleen
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IIAward: Critic IIAward: Writer IIAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: AmbassadorAward: TravelpedianAward: Bedbug IIAward: Vox Populi IIIAward: Most Helpful Hotel Reviewer (Past Winner)

mama_africa wrote:

~Why  Isnt there an extra day after Sunday before Monday ?!! hmm roll

~Back to School runs on Monday PLus a hectic week ahead!!! *sigh*

~I couldnt possibly have a crisis next week,or the week after~ My schedule Is already Full!! big_smile

exactly. i am not also a lover of Mondays - how i wish every day is Saturday and Sundays - all free time, hehe - more time for friends and for the family smile

#37 4-20-2008 11:09 AM

catalina
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: AmbassadorAward: Vox Populi II
Wanderer
Posts: 490

why is sooo hard to find your soul mate ???when u have everything else you need

Oooh.. how cute.. well don´t worry, we all think this at certain point smile The right one will show up in the mean time wink

#38 4-20-2008 1:01 PM

catalina wrote:

why is sooo hard to find your soul mate ???when u have everything else you need

am thinking, why am i still awake? had so many things to do for the week. It's Monday already sad

Anyway, i seem to have problem sleeping - what's the best remedy for this? i've been wanting to be a diurnal but i always ended up being nocturnal roll

#39 4-20-2008 1:43 PM

mama_africa
Posts: 148

Re: what's on your mind right now?

~Sleep,am Ooh SOoo Knackered!!

#40 4-20-2008 2:31 PM

wissoj
wissam
Oyo, Nigeria
Posts: 132

catalina wrote:

why is sooo hard to find your soul mate ???when u have everything else you need

thankx .. i hope so smile...

#41 4-20-2008 2:51 PM

bostonjoe
Joe
Boston, Massachusetts
Posts: 138

Re: what's on your mind right now?

Why do people outside the USA judge all of us by what are government does?  if they knew most of us personaly I think their views of us as people would change. We are not all the same....

#42 4-20-2008 5:22 PM

Adrian_Liston
Adrian
Brussels, Belgium
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IIAward: Critic IIIAward: Writer IIIAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: TravelpedianAward: Bedbug IAward: Vox Populi IIIAward: Spambuster I
Posts: 508

bostonjoe wrote:

Hmm? I would guess that few non-Americans make that mistake. Most of us criticise the US government, and since it is a democracy we are not terribly happy with the majority of Americans who vote in said government, but we would not assume that the government has 100% support. I moved over to Seattle for exactly that reason, I know that in Seattle most Americans are reasonable, liberal and well-educated, and do not vote for regressive domestic and foreign policy. There will be a few non-Americans who have a blanket dislike for all Americans, but I'd say they are in a minority. Would you be prepared to say the same for Americans who have a blanket dislike for, for example, Iranians? I'm guessing that a survey across the country would find that a majority of Americans would not discriminate between the Iranian government and the Iranian people, although certainly an open-minded minority would.

#43 4-20-2008 5:27 PM

daveruz90
David
Bozeman, Montana
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: TravelpedianAward: Vox Populi III
Posts: 562

bostonjoe wrote:

The problem is that they just generalize. The only ones who say that are the ones that have never been here and met the people. I'm not gonna lie, I hate our government. But I agree it shouldn't be a reason to dislike a group of people.

#44 4-20-2008 6:48 PM

danny291
Daniel
Kent, England
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IAward: Critic IAward: Writer IAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: TravelpedianAward: Vox Populi III
Posts: 593

Re: what's on your mind right now?

Im thinking im sad to leave Chicago tomorrow and im still so tired from the flight here. Sat near 40 12 year olds for 4 hours was not fun sad

#45 4-20-2008 7:26 PM

ErnaButterfly
Erna
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Posts: 177

Re: what's on your mind right now?

Had a great TB meet-up in Bangkok, still smiling on memories of amazing new friends, Khao San Rd and mai tais.. :-D :-D :-D

#46 4-20-2008 8:23 PM

nanipu
Honolulu, Hawaii
Posts: 120

Re: what's on your mind right now?

Planning my third trip to Europe coming this November. big_smile big_smile big_smile

Last edited by nanipu (4-20-2008 9:03 PM)

#47 4-20-2008 8:35 PM

twiby
Couch Potato
Posts: 14

Re: what's on your mind right now?

I had a trip to a temple yesterday for a dhama talk....i have a lot of things on my mind now....a very insightful experience. smile

#48 4-20-2008 8:36 PM

catalina
Wanderer
Posts: 490

Re: what's on your mind right now?

I´m trying to figure out why i´m so pissed off... perhaps it´s that i´m just tired for partying yesterday  till 04 a.m

#49 4-20-2008 9:06 PM

not all people smile

#50 4-20-2008 9:14 PM

juniorcbr wrote:

Wow what a topic to stumble upon tonight.  Tonight (much more than any other particular night in my life) i'm thinking about an absolute ton.  My brain just won't stop.  I'll start out with wondering am I doing the right thing in buying a home.  Sure the market is way down, but am I someone who can settle down enough to buy a home.  I mean I still have plans for next January to go to South America for a full month and explore the continent (amongst many other travel plans in my head).  Buying a home puts a huge hit on that... if only because I'll be broke for an extended period of time because of what we call a mortgage sad  Secondly I just missed out on an amazing place... a 2 bed room 2 bathroom townhome because i did not want to meet the sellers asking price.  I mean hell in this market I should be able to offer some 10-20 k less than still have a legitimate shot at getting a place, but yet this time ( on a place that I actually did like) the only way I would have won this place is if I offered 3 k under selling price.  Whats that about????  Ahh and let us also not forget about Costa Rica.  I haven't planned a single thing about this trip, nor do I know anything about Costa Rica or Central America.  If you asked me anything about Europe I'd go off on tangents... that is until someone told me to stop.  In this situation thought I don't even have a clue where I am going and how I am getting there.  And top off the wonderful list, I'm having woman problems as always.  It seems that when it rains it poars, and in this situation I really am very attracted to this one girl I have been seeing for a little bit of time now.  She is honestly a complete and total sweetheart, totally smart, and is a blast to be around.  Of course I run into the situation though that when I met her... she just got out of a long relationship.  It didn't hit me until I went out with her a few times, now I'm feeling like a complete idiot because I feel I jumped the gun too quickly in being with her.  Heck if I knew anything from the beginning, and don't ask me how I didn't feel it out, cause I have no idea, I wouldn't have asked her out that quickly and probably would not started turning the wheel.  I'm not one for relationships anyway, haven't been too successful on those, and really haven't wanted to settle much, but this girl in my eyes was worth it.  To top it off she loves to travel... how could you go wrong?  Of course during the time when I was seeing her I ended up meeting some other really cool (and gorgeous) women that I didn't do anything with because I was so set on her.  Crazy how that works when you have a girl all the others come out of the wood work.  Anyway enough babbling from me for the night... I'm going to go smoke a cigar and take a dip in the hot tub.  G'night all!

that's a lot of things to be thinking about smile Good luck to you and your girl

Board footer