#26 11-12-2012 8:18 PM

X_Drive
Roger
Visalia, California
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IVAward: Critic IVAward: Writer IVAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: AmbassadorAward: TravelpedianAward: Bedbug IIAward: Vox Populi VAward: Spambuster IIIAward: Most Helpful Hotel Reviewer (Past Winner)
Globetrotter

Re: The Eleven Heaven Club

I have a new not favorite!  hehehe smile

#27 11-14-2012 9:30 PM

spocklogic
Brian
Poquoson, Virginia
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IVAward: Critic IVAward: Writer IIIAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: AmbassadorAward: TravelpedianAward: Bedbug IIIAward: Vox Populi IVAward: Spambuster IIIAward: Most Helpful Hotel Reviewer (Past Winner)
Explorer

Hmmm... Award Masters is not sounding so bad now. Still, it's a bit superior sounding. Ian has the right idea that it should be something fun, and not sound like up on a pedestal. That's what makes 'Eleven Heaven' such a great name. It's fun without sounding grandiose. Here's one, and let me run it up the flagpole and see if anyone salutes it: How about "The Circumnavigators" meaning 'To travel completely around'. It's fun and not too ostentatious. It has a travel theme and conveys the concept of completion. Granted, it's a bit of a mouthful and doesn't exactly roll off the tongue easily, but then neither does Travelpedian or Vox Populi. If people buy those names for awards, then they'll buy Circumnavigator. It's a big word for a big achievement! I think maybe it fits in and is apropos...

#28 11-15-2012 8:53 PM

X_Drive
Roger
Visalia, California
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IVAward: Critic IVAward: Writer IVAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: AmbassadorAward: TravelpedianAward: Bedbug IIAward: Vox Populi VAward: Spambuster IIIAward: Most Helpful Hotel Reviewer (Past Winner)
Globetrotter

At first glance, I agree that your idea of Circumnavigator is not easy to roll off the tongue and for folks that may not be really fluent in the English language a real mind bender.  I am afraid someone down the road may change it to Cicrcumsiser, which has a totally different concept and may not be so apropos...

#29 11-15-2012 9:44 PM

Dr_Seuss
Ian
Glasgow, Scotland
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IIIAward: Critic IVAward: Writer IIAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: AmbassadorAward: TravelpedianAward: Bedbug IIAward: Vox Populi IIIAward: Spambuster IAward: Most Helpful Hotel Reviewer (Past Winner)
Nomad

X_Drive wrote:

At first glance, I agree that your idea of Circumnavigator is not easy to roll off the tongue and for folks that may not be really fluent in the English language a real mind bender.  I am afraid someone down the road may change it to Cicrcumsiser, which has a totally different concept and may not be so apropos...

That someone was ME big_smile

The Dodecagongs ? Bit of a play on words wink

#30 11-16-2012 7:11 PM

spocklogic
Brian
Poquoson, Virginia
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IVAward: Critic IVAward: Writer IIIAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: AmbassadorAward: TravelpedianAward: Bedbug IIIAward: Vox Populi IVAward: Spambuster IIIAward: Most Helpful Hotel Reviewer (Past Winner)
Explorer

That would work for 12 awards, but also someone might turn it into dodecadingdong. For any number of awards we would need to some use of polygon or n-gon, mathematically speaking.

I'll throw out another idea and see if the cat licks it up. How about "The Awardlords", and kind of a play on Warlord (a conquerer). Fun as one word, but could make it two as in "Award Lords", similar to Roger's "Award Masters" (which has grown on me), but in the former it has a rhyming way like Eleven Heaven.

#31 11-16-2012 8:35 PM

X_Drive
Roger
Visalia, California
Globetrotter

My wife has suggested "Travel Masters", which would fit with the "Any number of Awards", and is simple. And not too overpowering like Lords, or Masters. smile

#32 11-17-2012 1:05 AM

spocklogic
Brian
Poquoson, Virginia
Explorer

Lords and Masters is too lofty maybe - Gee this is tough to find a good name. You know, maybe it could just remain "Eleven Heaven" for historical reasons, and then find deeper meaning in that.

- It's the first number that can't be counted with a human's 10 fingers.
- The sunspot cycle is approximately 11 years
- Apollo 11 was the first manned spacecraft to land on the Moon
- 11 gun salutes are done for 1 star Generals
- 11/11 is Veterans Day
- The 11th book of the Old Testament is Kings
- The 11th letter of the alphabet is K (K for 'King Me')

What's your pleasure and it can be interpreted that way. Eleven Heaven is historical and interpretive, At one with won, and so on in such ways. Well, it's just a thought and from here a matter of defining the concept beyond the number of awards and giving meaning to Eleven.

#33 11-17-2012 8:15 PM

X_Drive
Roger
Visalia, California
Globetrotter

Or we could just go with "Award Circumsizers" wink

#34 11-26-2012 9:52 PM

X_Drive
Roger
Visalia, California
Globetrotter

I don't know if anyone has noticed or not but on the first page we have the entire membership of the Eleven Heaven Club and I have brought it up to date so it shows the total awards each member has.
I will throw in a disclaimer here... if you find a mistake, just let me know and I'll fix it. big_smile

Last edited by X_Drive (11-27-2012 10:09 PM)

#35 11-28-2012 8:37 PM

X_Drive
Roger
Visalia, California
Globetrotter

As of this date the members of the Eleven Heaven Club have earned a total of 1,205 awards!!!!
That is . . .
49 Community Leader,
49 Happy,
49 Ambassador,
49 Travelpedian,
89 Bedbug,
110 Writer,
111 Spambuster,
126 VP,
133 Photographer,
135 Critic, and
305 MHHR!! 
That is an average of 24.59 awards per member!!

#36 11-29-2012 9:16 PM

X_Drive
Roger
Visalia, California
Globetrotter

Nope, that's what I get for being a numbers kind of guy. I used to keep much more but I have slowed down over the last couple of years. big_smile

#37 11-30-2012 2:03 AM

LZ786
Award: Community LeaderAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: AmbassadorAward: Vox Populi IVAward: Spambuster I
Explorer

i will acheive one day.

#38 11-30-2012 1:54 PM

X_Drive
Roger
Visalia, California
Globetrotter

Leon, I have faith that you will.  You have a good start, especially with the Ambassador award. Many members feel that is the hardest because it needs help from outside. The rest are all up to you. You need to write more in your blogs about your visits to all the great places you have been and how much fun you had, or tell stories relating to the trip.  Then write some reviews about those places, where you ate, and specific things you saw.
Good luck! We are all behind you!! big_smile

#39 12-2-2012 5:07 PM

spocklogic
Brian
Poquoson, Virginia
Explorer

Bravo to Ian (Dr_Seuss) for earning his Ambassador status to complete all 11 awards and become the 50th member of Eleven Heaven!

#40 12-2-2012 7:51 PM

X_Drive
Roger
Visalia, California
Globetrotter

I too will add my voice into the applause for Ian (Dr_Seuss) on becoming the 50th member of the Eleven Heaven Club!!

#41 12-2-2012 10:47 PM

Dr_Seuss
Ian
Glasgow, Scotland
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IIIAward: Critic IVAward: Writer IIAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: AmbassadorAward: TravelpedianAward: Bedbug IIAward: Vox Populi IIIAward: Spambuster IAward: Most Helpful Hotel Reviewer (Past Winner)
Nomad

Cheers guys smile , nice landmark for me and the club smile

#42 12-3-2012 9:24 AM

Paulovic
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IVAward: Critic IIAward: Writer IIIAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: TravelpedianAward: Bedbug IIAward: Vox Populi VAward: Spambuster IIAward: Most Helpful Hotel Reviewer (Past Winner)
Globetrotter

spocklogic wrote:

Paulovic wrote:

One thing I know, it won't be me! tongue

By George, Roger is right Paul! You can knock off Travelpedian in a night, coerce 5 friends in the meantime to join TB for Ambassador and then spend the rest Spambusting - you gotta be close on that one and don't tell me you don't partake in busting spammers here! Easy as 1-2-3, eh?

Haha, that sounds easy! tongue
I do bust spammers, but I am getting more and more annoyed by that one! Because I am for a long time (read several months) around 135 already and when I vote three times it is 138. When I log on later, it is back at 135 again. Tssk! I read something in the helping part of the forums already about this problem.

#43 12-3-2012 9:25 AM

Paulovic
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IVAward: Critic IIAward: Writer IIIAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: TravelpedianAward: Bedbug IIAward: Vox Populi VAward: Spambuster IIAward: Most Helpful Hotel Reviewer (Past Winner)
Globetrotter

Dr_Seuss wrote:

Always remember the cartoon Stop The Pidgeon and the dog always wanting rewards and with his catchphrase 'Medal! Medal! Medal! ' so you could go for The Muttley Crew wink big_smile

http://files.chesscomfiles.com/images_u … utley1.jpg

Congrats!!! big_smile

#44 12-3-2012 11:12 AM

Dr_Seuss
Ian
Glasgow, Scotland
Nomad

Paulovic wrote:

Congrats!!! big_smile

Only did it so the Roger has to add up all his statistics again wink

Thought he would have done that on his abacus by now yikes big_smile

#45 12-3-2012 1:07 PM

Paulovic
Globetrotter

Dr_Seuss wrote:

Paulovic wrote:

Congrats!!! big_smile

Only did it so the Roger has to add up all his statistics again wink

Thought he would have done that on his abacus by now yikes big_smile

Haha!! Good one!! tongue

#46 12-3-2012 9:51 PM

X_Drive
Roger
Visalia, California
Globetrotter

As of this date the members of the Eleven Heaven Club have earned a total of 1,2229 awards!!!!
That is . . .
50 Community Leader,
50 Happy,
50 Ambassador,
50 Travelpedian,
91 Bedbug,
112 Writer,
112 Spambuster,
129 VP,
136 Photographer,
138 Critic, and
311 MHHR!!
That is an average of 24.58 awards per member!!

Is that better? smile

#47 12-4-2012 4:56 AM

spocklogic
Brian
Poquoson, Virginia
Explorer

danikbates wrote:

wow, 50 members! Well done guys. How long till get the 100th member in the club wink

Interesting you should ask:

Member 1-19: linear rise, avg of 1 member/day
Member 20-39: ~ linear rise, avg of 1 member/18 days.
Member 40-50: ~ retaining the trend more or less

Over all, since member 20, it's ~ 1 member every 20 days. Should be roughly another (50 x 20) days from now (approximately) or 2.74 years for member 100. I make this to be  sometime in August/September 2015. This assume, of course, the 11 awards currently available are the only limit.

#48 12-4-2012 2:03 PM

Dr_Seuss
Ian
Glasgow, Scotland
Nomad

spocklogic wrote:

danikbates wrote:

wow, 50 members! Well done guys. How long till get the 100th member in the club wink

Interesting you should ask:

Member 1-19: linear rise, avg of 1 member/day
Member 20-39: ~ linear rise, avg of 1 member/18 days.
Member 40-50: ~ retaining the trend more or less

Over all, since member 20, it's ~ 1 member every 20 days. Should be roughly another (50 x 20) days from now (approximately) or 2.74 years for member 100. I make this to be  sometime in August/September 2015. This assume, of course, the 11 awards currently available are the only limit.

I worked all that out as well Brian, using the same formula wink and it will be a Thursday big_smile ( Don't know the odds on your being right, but mine is just 6:1 wink )

Much better stats now, thanks  Roger smile though I think the average is skewed by all Christian's MHHR awards big_smile

Last edited by Dr_Seuss (12-4-2012 2:05 PM)

#49 12-4-2012 5:23 PM

nolan
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IIAward: Critic IIIAward: Writer IIAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: AmbassadorAward: TravelpedianAward: Bedbug IIAward: Vox Populi IVAward: Spambuster IIAward: Most Helpful Hotel Reviewer (Past Winner)
Explorer

Interesting math, Ian and Brian!

So that gives me a little over 2 years to be able to join this elite club! smile

Do you also have a formula which are the awards that usually get earned first, and last? In my case I think the spambuster would be the last I'd be getting, then the Ambassador. Am in line for my HHH in a day or two.

#50 12-4-2012 9:21 PM

X_Drive
Roger
Visalia, California
Globetrotter

I don't have a true formula, but based on how long each award has been available and how many have been earned it could be formulated.  You would need to go back in each award to determine each date of the first awarded.
I would guess that the Ambassador is the least easily earned, because it is not just earned by what the member does. It requires other people also do something.  The Spambuster only depends on how often new members put up goofy, hilarious, or strange reviews.

Board footer