#1 4-14-2008 11:55 AM

texastony
TONY
Houston, Texas
Couch Potato

best way to get to Canary Islands

what is cheapest way to get there?
what place to land...if i want to fly what is place to land at?

#2 4-14-2008 1:59 PM

Kramerdude
Dan
Dayton, Ohio
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IIAward: Critic IIAward: Writer IIAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: TravelpedianAward: Bedbug IAward: Vox Populi IVAward: Spambuster I
Explorer

Re: best way to get to Canary Islands

Well you could swim I guess.  That might be cheap but probably not very practical.

As far as I can tell there are two main islands with international connections (Tenerife and Gran Canaria).  I'm not aware of any direct connections from the US which means you'll likely have to transit through Europe which means cheap probably becomes a relative term.

I'm not aware if there are any charters directly to Islas Canarias, but that might be something to look into for "cheaper" options.

#3 4-14-2008 2:31 PM

dutch_duke
Dutch
Gouda, Netherlands
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: AmbassadorAward: TravelpedianAward: Vox Populi III
Nomad

maybe, no joke it is cheap to fly thrhough marocco? And take the ferry.
Or book a ticket from barcalona?

#4 4-14-2008 5:09 PM

JoeriNL
Rotterdam, Netherlands
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IAward: Critic IAward: Writer IAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: TravelpedianAward: Vox Populi IIAward: Spambuster I
Wanderer

As far as I know there is no ferry from Morocco, there is one from Cadiz on mainland Spain though. My guess is that's gonna be expensive.

The Canary Islands have 6 airports:
-Gran Canaria (LPA) (main airport)
-La Palma (SPC)
-Tenerife North (TFN)
-Tenerife South (TFS)
-Lanzarote (FUE)
-Fuerteventura (ACE)

At the moment there are no transatlantic direct connections, but since it´s a popular holiday destination there are many cheap charters, especially from Scandinavia, the Netherlands and Germany, but ofcourse also from mainland Spain, and even Morocco and Mauretania to all islands. The flight time to Madrid is about 2,5 hours, Netherlands-Germany 4,5 hours, Scandinavia 6+ hours.
Check http://www.flylc.com/directall-en.asp for connecting airlines.

#5 4-15-2008 5:57 AM

texastony
TONY
Houston, Texas
Couch Potato

i will be in spain, so i will see what is best way to get there...i will try barcelona and mardrid...thanks for the help

PS
I could probably swim it..i once swam across my friends pool 3 times with out stoping.

#6 4-15-2008 12:01 PM

danny291
Daniel
Kent, England
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IAward: Critic IAward: Writer IAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: TravelpedianAward: Vox Populi III
Nomad

it shouldnt be too expensive to go from the UK or Madrid with Easyjet, if you fly from the UK it will most likely be Gatwick, Stansted or Luton though.

#7 4-15-2008 12:16 PM

JoeriNL
Rotterdam, Netherlands
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IAward: Critic IAward: Writer IAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: TravelpedianAward: Vox Populi IIAward: Spambuster I
Wanderer

texastony wrote:

i will be in spain, so i will see what is best way to get there...i will try barcelona and mardrid...thanks for the help

PS
I could probably swim it..i once swam across my friends pool 3 times with out stoping.

The guy must have a large pool...
Mainland Spain to the islands is about 800 miles.

This post has had no activity for 90 days and has been closed to new replies.

Board footer