#1 3-6-2012 6:50 AM

nikkilee
Nicole
Pinjarra, Australia
Award: Happy Happy HappyAward: TravelpedianAward: Vox Populi IIAward: Most Helpful Hotel Reviewer (Past Winner)
Wanderer

this is not a dating sight

i would like to say once again that this is not a dating sight we are a group of people with a passion for travelling. if you are searching for a special someone then find a specific dating sight instead of sending sleazy messages on here.

#2 3-6-2012 7:12 AM

fransglobal
Francis
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IAward: Critic IIAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: Bedbug IIAward: Vox Populi VAward: Spambuster IIIAward: Most Helpful Hotel Reviewer (Past Winner)
Globetrotter

Re: this is not a dating sight

Nicole. We've had a number of conversations on the forums on this.

If you are receiving sleazy messages, report them.

You can also set your Privacy settings to only accept Private Messages from friends. You can also use the Block User function but this is far from fully effective.

I have moved this thread to Travbuddy Help & Feedback section of forum.

#3 3-6-2012 8:34 AM

nikkilee
Nicole
Pinjarra, Australia
Award: Happy Happy HappyAward: TravelpedianAward: Vox Populi IIAward: Most Helpful Hotel Reviewer (Past Winner)
Wanderer

ok how do you report a user

#4 3-6-2012 11:16 AM

fransglobal
Francis
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IAward: Critic IIAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: Bedbug IIAward: Vox Populi VAward: Spambuster IIIAward: Most Helpful Hotel Reviewer (Past Winner)
Globetrotter

If you receive an inappropriate message, there is a button at top right to report spam or inappropriate message. Otherwise, go to person's profile and press the Report Spam button on top right.

In either case, there is a box where you can explain why you're reporting...

#5 3-6-2012 3:55 PM

Lotus28
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IAward: Critic IIAward: Writer IIAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: Bedbug IAward: Vox Populi IVAward: Spambuster IAward: Most Helpful Hotel Reviewer (Past Winner)
Explorer

It's weird to see girl's sexy shots in their tiny bikinis are getting larger amount of smiles than beautiful travel photos on "travel" sites though...

#6 3-7-2012 6:26 AM

Zainita
Zaina
Helsinki, Finland
Award: Vox Populi I
Tourist

There has lately been some guys sending me dating related messages. Should I report them? All of them have been pretty polite in their messages but still they're asking me for a date, asking if I'm single etc. Personally I'm not that bothered about them but I'm not probably the only girl whom they're sending those messages...

#7 3-7-2012 7:42 AM

Eric
Eric
Honolulu, Hawaii
Administrator
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IAward: Critic IVAward: Writer IAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: AmbassadorAward: TravelpedianAward: Bedbug IIAward: Vox Populi IVAward: Spambuster IAward: Most Helpful Hotel Reviewer (Past Winner)
Explorer

Yes, if the messages are clearly dating related, please report them!

fransglobal wrote:

If you receive an inappropriate message, there is a button at top right to report spam or inappropriate message. Otherwise, go to person's profile and press the Report Spam button on top right.

In either case, there is a box where you can explain why you're reporting...

#8 3-7-2012 12:19 PM

nikkilee
Nicole
Pinjarra, Australia
Wanderer

Lotus28 wrote:

It's weird to see girl's sexy shots in their tiny bikinis are getting larger amount of smiles than beautiful travel photos on "travel" sites though...

i think its just a natural reaction for alot of guys when the seen a good looking girl in bikini to smile at it just like the always like it on facebook but it does make you sad some of the travel photos on this site are amazing

#9 3-7-2012 3:43 PM

Eric
Eric
Honolulu, Hawaii
Administrator
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IAward: Critic IVAward: Writer IAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: AmbassadorAward: TravelpedianAward: Bedbug IIAward: Vox Populi IVAward: Spambuster IAward: Most Helpful Hotel Reviewer (Past Winner)
Explorer

nikkilee wrote:

Lotus28 wrote:

i think its just a natural reaction for alot of guys when the seen a good looking girl in bikini to smile at it just like the always like it on facebook but it does make you sad some of the travel photos on this site are amazing

also, if you vote photos "not travel related" - they won't appear as high up on the travel guide pages, regardless of the # of smiles. if you see photos like this, please help out by voting them not travel related. thanks!

#10 3-21-2012 9:12 AM

dahling
Antalya, Turkey
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IIAward: Critic IIAward: Writer IAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: AmbassadorAward: Vox Populi IVAward: Spambuster II
Explorer

Lotus28 wrote:

You are so right - I fullheartedly agree with you.

As you will see I have NO picture of me in any kind of poses - and still get dating messages even if not so often.

Still I think NOBODY has the right to send me any kind of inappopriate message no matter how we are dressed (or not dressed).

I agree that it is asking for it and that common sense would keep me from posting myself in a bikini - and I even go as far as saying there are quite a few women on here actually hoping for that husband and are using this just as much a dating site as men are - it is just that men usually do not complain when they get those obvious offers.

This post has had no activity for 90 days and has been closed to new replies.

Board footer