#1 11-18-2011 7:12 AM

daniellelooije
Award: Photographer IAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: Vox Populi IAward: Spambuster I
Tourist
Posts: 205

Traveling on a UAE tourist visa to Qatar/Oman and back to UAE

Hey everyone,

I am going to the UAE in december for 10 days and I found that I can travel to Oman and Qatar on the same visa. This sounds rather interesting to me but a friend gave me some doubts. Therefore I have some questions and I hope you can advise me!

1. If you cross the border from UAE to Oman or Qatar, can you also go back to the UAE?

2. Does anyone have traveladvise on how to travel from UAE to Oman or Qatar?

3. Do you think it is worth it?

Any additional information would be great and higly appreaciated!

#2 11-18-2011 8:08 AM

pilgrim68
Chris
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IIAward: Critic IAward: Writer IIAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: Vox Populi IV
Explorer
Posts: 1083

Re: Traveling on a UAE tourist visa to Qatar/Oman and back to UAE

Hi Danielle.I can't say about Qatar but as a EU passport holder you can get a tourist visa on arrival in Oman the same as you can for the UAE. Muscat is a 5/6 hour drive from Dubai and it is a very nice place to visit. FlyDubai also fly from Dubai at a reasonable cost. You also have the option to visit the Mussandam Peninsular which is also part of Oman from Dubai. You can do this as a day trip or stay overnight although the amount of hotel rooms is limited. The highlight for most people is a dhow trip from Khasab through the fjords.Dolphins and sometimes whales can be seen and the snorkelling is very good too.
http://www.goldentulipkhasab.com/galler … anguage=EN

#3 11-18-2011 10:29 AM

daniellelooije
Tourist
Posts: 205

Hey Chris,

Thanks for your tips! The dhow trip from Khasab through the fjords sounds really great and I definately want to do this! I think if I go to Oman I can still go back to Dubai too right? Do you think it is reasonable to do this as a daytrip and go back to Dubai the same day? Do you have any tips for me on what is the best way to travel to Khasab? Thanks so much!

#4 11-18-2011 10:49 AM

pilgrim68
Chris
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Explorer
Posts: 1083

Re: Traveling on a UAE tourist visa to Qatar/Oman and back to UAE

Quite a few of the tour companies will do full day packages to Khasab. I organised mine through the Golden Tulip Hotel although I drove up in my own car other passengers came from Dubai by bus. This is another that was recomended by friends here on holiday.
http://www.travbuddy.com/travel-blogs/6 … sab-Oman-1

This post has had no activity for 90 days and has been closed to new replies.

Board footer