#1 9-17-2011 6:58 AM

starrynight50
Woodstock, Illinois
Posts: 2

Tour the filming location of Bill Murray's "Ground Hog Day"

Hello fellow Travelers!

I know that the movie Ground Hog Day is a favorite of many.  Well, I happen to live in the town it was filmed in, Woodstock Illinois.

If you plan on visiting the city of Chicago and would like to see the actual locations of it's filming I'd be more than happy to show you around.

The city of Woodstock is 37 miles northwest of Ohare International Airport and 67 miles northwest of Downtown Chicago.  The town offers some very nice choice of fine dining and also has some wonderful Bed and Breakfast establishments.  You can actually stay at the same Bed and Breakfast that Bill Murray's character "Phil Connors" stayed!

Happy Travels,

Chris

#2 9-19-2011 2:37 AM

wfo
Honolulu, Hawaii
Posts: 5

wow, that is so cool.
wow, that is so cool. j/k

#3 9-19-2011 4:18 AM

pav79
Philip
Tucson, Arizona
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IAward: Critic IAward: Writer IAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: AmbassadorAward: Bedbug IAward: Vox Populi IAward: Spambuster IAward: Most Helpful Hotel Reviewer (Past Winner)
Tourist
Posts: 135

Re: Tour the filming location of Bill Murray's "Ground Hog Day"

...and to think all this time I actually thought they filmed it in Punxsutawney, PA! I was actually going to visit there because it looked like a cool little town.

#4 10-2-2011 2:09 PM

snackies
Matt
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Posts: 6

Re: Tour the filming location of Bill Murray's "Ground Hog Day"

Groundhog Day in Illinois? You should go to the real Groundhog day spot at PA in Feb..

#5 10-3-2011 5:59 PM

starrynight50
Woodstock, Illinois
Posts: 2

pav79 wrote:

Woodstock is a cool little town!  I've never been to Punxsutawney, PA so I can't vouch for them.

#6 10-4-2011 1:00 AM

Vanessa_Mun_Yee
Vanessa Mun Yee
Malaysia
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IVAward: Critic IIIAward: Writer IIIAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: AmbassadorAward: TravelpedianAward: Bedbug IIIAward: Vox Populi IIAward: Spambuster IIIAward: Most Helpful Hotel Reviewer (Past Winner)
Posts: 476

Re: Tour the filming location of Bill Murray's "Ground Hog Day"

Thanks for the kind offer!

#7 10-4-2011 4:17 AM

kingoftheicedragons
Steve
Rochester, Minnesota
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IAward: Critic IIAward: Writer IAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: Bedbug IAward: Vox Populi IIAward: Spambuster IIIAward: Most Helpful Hotel Reviewer (Past Winner)
Posts: 406

snackies wrote:

PA in February?  I think not!  Besides, there are lots of other "real" Groundhog day spots in the US.

Besides, the OP was offering to do a movie site tour for those who are in the Chicago area and to show them around the city where she lives.

#8 10-4-2011 7:14 AM

Brian
Las Vegas, Nevada
Posts: 22

Re: Tour the filming location of Bill Murray's "Ground Hog Day"

I grew up in Punxsutawney, PA....it too is a cute town but not as picturesque as where Ground Hog Day was filmed.   However, on Feb 2nd Punxsy is definitely a happening town.  (just once every year...lol)

#10 10-11-2011 9:49 AM

atmos05
Scott
Las Cruces, New Mexico
Award: Vox Populi II
Posts: 310

kingoftheicedragons wrote:

PA in February?  I think not!

As a Pennsylvanian, I find it absolutely hilarious that someone from Minnesota finds the thought of our winters disheartening! smile

Last edited by atmos05 (10-11-2011 9:50 AM)

#11 10-12-2011 4:17 AM

kingoftheicedragons
Steve
Rochester, Minnesota
Posts: 406

atmos05 wrote:

kingoftheicedragons wrote:

PA in February?  I think not!

I find any winter disheartening.  If I'm going on vacation in February, it's not going to be someplace cold, I'm going to go someplace to escape the winter.  I was pretty down when we went to Arizona in February, and we drove north of Phoenix and ended up staying overnight in a town that had snow on the ground.

Last edited by kingoftheicedragons (10-12-2011 4:19 AM)

#12 10-28-2011 11:58 AM

rabrown
Award: Critic IAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: Spambuster IAward: Most Helpful Hotel Reviewer (Past Winner)
Posts: 14

Re: Tour the filming location of Bill Murray's "Ground Hog Day"

This is the best post ever haha! Absolutely adore this movie and plan on keeping track of where this blog heads so I can follow up on this at some point haha smile

This post has had no activity for 90 days and has been closed to new replies.

Board footer