#1 6-1-2011 1:19 PM

Haydenerg
Astrid
Imatra, Finland
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IIAward: Critic IAward: Writer IAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: AmbassadorAward: TravelpedianAward: Bedbug IAward: Vox Populi IIAward: Spambuster IAward: Most Helpful Hotel Reviewer (Past Winner)
Wanderer

How Much of Maximum cash you can bring to the Airport

Hello Travbuddy,

I have seen so many Cash dogs now in several airports :-) Maybe just to avoid people bring a huge amount of money.
But I have a Question for this :
1.How much of Maximum cash you can bring to the airport without you need to declare it to costum ?
   You can give me the answer amount of US dollar or euro currency.
2.And How many percent that you need to pay the tax to the Airport costum if you bring over the maximum 
   amount of money ?

Please share if you know about this, thanks and cheers xxx

Last edited by Haydenerg (6-1-2011 1:19 PM)

#2 6-1-2011 1:27 PM

fransglobal
Francis
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IAward: Critic IIAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: Bedbug IIAward: Vox Populi VAward: Spambuster IIIAward: Most Helpful Hotel Reviewer (Past Winner)
Globetrotter

Re: How Much of Maximum cash you can bring to the Airport

Depends on the country. You can bring up to 10,000 euros in cash into and out of the EU for example without declaring it but as Norway is not in the EU, I don't know if same limit applies. If carrying more than 10,000 euro into/out of EU, you must declare it. In theory, I don't think you have to pay tax on it but I imagine they will ask you lots of questions and you will be the focus of a lot of attention from tax authorities.

Anyway, I hardly ever carry more than 100 euro cash anywhere. There's ATM's everywhere and credit cards are widely accepted.

http://ec.europa.eu/taxation_customs/cu … dex_en.htm

#3 6-1-2011 1:46 PM

bugjuice
John
Edison, New Jersey
Award: Happy Happy HappyAward: Vox Populi III
Nomad

As to the US you can bring in and out as much as you want, just remember anything over $10,000usd must be declared on a form.  That amount includes cashiers checks, money orders, travellers checks.  But why in the world would you travel with so much cash anyway?   Theres no taxes on the monies but the IRS would be interested.  There will be a big fine if not declared.

#4 6-1-2011 2:55 PM

atmos05
Scott
Las Cruces, New Mexico
Award: Vox Populi II
Wanderer

The fees/crappy exchange rates are worth the hassle of not having to carry around large quantities of money, in my opinion.  Of course, perhaps you're trying to buy large quantities of drugs or a kidney, in which case I can totally understand and sympathize with your need for spending money.

#5 6-3-2011 1:46 AM

Haydenerg
Astrid
Imatra, Finland
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IIAward: Critic IAward: Writer IAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: AmbassadorAward: TravelpedianAward: Bedbug IAward: Vox Populi IIAward: Spambuster IAward: Most Helpful Hotel Reviewer (Past Winner)
Wanderer

Thanks for all the forum respone, I guess It's better to have money on card rather have the cash when I travel because the sniffing cash dog and the costum at the airport will be questioning many Questions if we get caught bring the cash over the limit without declaring.

Last edited by Haydenerg (6-3-2011 1:46 AM)

This post has had no activity for 90 days and has been closed to new replies.

Board footer