#1 2-15-2011 7:37 AM

Situation in Egypt

Dear TB's, I am writing an article for a travel website on situation in Egypt in regards to travels, safety etc. Is there anyone here who has been to Egypt recently or is there now? I would love to ask a few questions. Thanks.

#2 2-15-2011 7:55 AM

Lilliana77
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IAward: Writer IAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: AmbassadorAward: Vox Populi IVAward: Spambuster I
Posts: 1903

#3 2-15-2011 7:57 AM

fransglobal
Francis
Moderator
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IAward: Critic IIAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: Bedbug IIAward: Vox Populi VAward: Spambuster IIIAward: Most Helpful Hotel Reviewer (Past Winner)
Globetrotter
Posts: 16275

Marinushka, see:

My former partner has just got back from Egypt. She said her Nile Cruise for a week proceeded normally but when they went to Hurghada for the second week, they were strongly advised to just stay in the grounds of the resort. Other than that, she said they were not affected by the situation.

#4 2-15-2011 7:58 AM

fransglobal
Francis
Moderator
Globetrotter
Posts: 16275

Re: Situation in Egypt

Lili is posting at the same time as me!

#5 2-15-2011 8:08 AM

#6 2-20-2011 12:33 PM

Giza, Egypt
Award: Photographer IAward: Critic IAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: AmbassadorAward: Vox Populi I
Posts: 130

I live in Egypt

#7 2-20-2011 9:20 PM

Re: Situation in Egypt

Thank you for all your help guys! I've already wrote an article.

Hossam, hope everything is fine with you. If I will touch the subject again I would be happy to interview you.

#8 3-16-2011 11:22 AM

beefmaster
Couch Potato
Posts: 2

Re: Situation in Egypt

Life is completley normal. I have been living in Egypt since May 2010.

Stayed during the revolution and even then I never felt under threat.

#10 4-16-2011 12:34 AM

dokijoon
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IIAward: Critic IAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: Vox Populi IVAward: Spambuster I
Posts: 1622

Re: Situation in Egypt

I have just heard from a friend in Cairo that everything is OK. but sometimes you may see some things. I think there is no problem with your trip to Egypt. Enjoy your time in Pyramids and Sphinx.

#11 4-17-2011 10:46 PM

lyndl
Lyndl
Perth, Australia
Award: Vox Populi I
Posts: 154

Re: Situation in Egypt

I'm glad to read everything seems to be OK now.  We are visiting Cairo in June for 3 days, and resisted advice from friends to cancel. The original Hotel we were booked into (since October last year) has cancelled all bookings, so we have been upgraded to a 5 star hotel with breakfast & lunch thrown in.   I'm really looking forward to it.

#12 4-28-2011 10:55 PM

Rajeshnai
Couch Potato
Posts: 5

Re: Situation in Egypt

Situation is ok in Egypt , but  if i were in your place i would avoid.

#13 4-29-2011 12:09 AM

pilgrim68
Chris
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IIAward: Critic IAward: Writer IIAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: Vox Populi IV
Posts: 1074

Re: Situation in Egypt

My friends living and working in Hurghada say that everything is back to normal.

This post has had no activity for 90 days and has been closed to new replies.

Board footer