#1 2-23-2010 6:03 AM

Award: Happy Happy Happy
Posts: 37

Iranian and Syrian Stamps issues when entering US

Hi all,
Without falling into politics my concern is due to the current situation/sanctions between US and Syria/Iran. As I live and work in Syria and I'm planning to visit Iran very soon (heard is a beautiful country) just wanted to know if anyone had any kind of problems/issues in immigration when entering US having stamps from both of these countries in your passport. I've been working here for almost 3 years and I even have a Syrian residency besides multiple stamps from here and some other arabic countries as I travel a lot. In my case I went to the US a little more than a year ago and everything went smoothly, no questions at all, in contrast when my sister went to the US after visiting me 1 time here they took her to a room for interrogation for a good hour, but she was allowed to enter afterwards so I guess it all goes down to the agent. Another negative factor could be the very deteriorated relations between US and my country's government (Venezuela), which I don't support at all, again without falling into politics but at the end it's my country.

So please let me know your experiences if you had any.

Cheers

#2 2-27-2010 7:08 AM

uppersia
Reza
Posts: 2

Salam Aquiles29,
I have met Americans and accidentally Newzealendars who live in USA that have traveled in Iran with me and haven't faced any problem ing coming back to USA. I am sure you will love Iran if you decide to travel to. To learn more about Iran go to uppersia dot com.

#3 2-27-2010 9:38 AM

Adrian_Liston
Adrian
Brussels, Belgium
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IIAward: Critic IIIAward: Writer IIIAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: TravelpedianAward: Bedbug IAward: Vox Populi IIIAward: Spambuster I
Nomad
Posts: 508

Re: Iranian and Syrian Stamps issues when entering US

They won't ban you because you've been to Iran, but you'll get obnoxious ignorant officials abusing you. Odds are though that you'd get that anyway, with the Venezuela/Syria combo.

#4 3-20-2010 8:39 PM

vances
Vance
Dayton, Ohio
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IIIAward: Critic IVAward: Writer IIIAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: AmbassadorAward: TravelpedianAward: Bedbug IIIAward: Vox Populi IIAward: Spambuster IIIAward: Most Helpful Hotel Reviewer (Past Winner)
Wanderer
Posts: 407

Re: Iranian and Syrian Stamps issues when entering US

I agree with Adrian the history evident on your passport potentially predisposes you to some annoyance, but there aren't any specific prohibitions.  I'm a US citizen and got subjected to some aggravation returning from the Netherlands last summer due to all the Arabic stamps on my passport...thought the agent was clearly ignorant of these places.

Just got back from Oman and declared a khanjar on my customs form and had zero issues --- really is hit or miss, so I will keep my fingers crossed you are welcomed by a friendly official at the border!

#5 3-20-2010 9:13 PM

blenderboy
JIM
Scottsdale, Arizona
Award: Happy Happy HappyAward: Vox Populi I
Tourist
Posts: 187

Re: Iranian and Syrian Stamps issues when entering US

My nephew Michael an  American and travbuddy Ed  a ozzie Stuck at border of Syria for 10 hours to get a visa to pass thru...no reason for any country to "play with people"

At that point I'm sure I would have been asked to leave

JIM

#6 3-23-2010 10:49 AM

Aquiles29
Luis
Damascus, Syria
Award: Happy Happy Happy
Posts: 37

Re: Iranian and Syrian Stamps issues when entering US

Thx for all your comments guys, been to Iran already so we'll see what happens when I go to the US next time. I could also be assigned to Libya in the near future so that would add a little more spice to my passport...

#7 5-25-2010 4:49 PM

Adamdoodles
Adam
Tehran, Iran
Award: Vox Populi II
Wanderer
Posts: 492

Re: Iranian and Syrian Stamps issues when entering US

Is there a particular order that isn't welcome between countries such as Syria, Iran, Lebanon, Israel etc?

This post has had no activity for 90 days and has been closed to new replies.

Board footer